2 Tough Questions

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
2 Tough Questions

Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?
Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates. Who would you vote for?
Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologist. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.
Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.
Candidate C
He is decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.
Which of these candidates would be our choice?
Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.
Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

OutKast

Dude!
Mar 22, 2008
In my office
Wow,I would have voted for Hitler and Beethvens' ass would be dead...Just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
you can't judge a book by it's cover.
Oh yeah? Watch me.

Making decisions based on percentages of probability is called profiling. Profiling is used almost everywhere in daily life as a means to help automatically fill-in-the-blanks where our experience and knowledge lacks. Many people herald pofiling tactics as barbaric and ignorant, but what's the alternative, really? While there are always exceptions to every rule, basing decisions on the exceptions rather than the norms is the very definition of stupidity. In short, it would be completely ineffective as a means of making anything but the poorest of decisions.

Choosing to be liberal in all decisions just to avoid profiling anyone is just as moronic as dealing with a headache by slamming your head agaisnt the wall in an attempt to render yourself unconscious because you discovered there's a possible minor health risk associated with aspirin.

Choosing to save a life BECAUSE it has a high degree of probability of being malformed will always be the dumb ass, retarded, fuckhead call to make. I don't give a fuck HOW many Beethoven's there are in the bunch.