7 problems

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
7 problems that, were they fixed, would make the world a utopia.

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience

3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Discuss.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Re: 7 problems...

If one is flawed, the whole plan's gone to shit, right?

Okay.

1. Wealth without work = massive inflation. $1,000,000/loaf of bread.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere

No, it means all has the same. Everyone has everything, thus no one can fight over anything. its also the only way to eliminate free choice without truely taking it away.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008

If one is flawed, the whole plan's gone to shit, right?

Okay.

1. Wealth without work = massive inflation. $1,000,000/loaf of bread.
Josie dear, wealth without work isn't an example of utopian society. It's a roadblock to it. Wealth without knowledge exsists currently in our societies. Ghandi is saying that if you eliminated this, we'd be a step closer to utopia.

So while I agree that wealth without work would cause inflation, I can't see how stating this destroys the argument Ghandi made.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle

Josie dear, wealth without work isn't an example of utopian society. It's a roadblock to it. Wealth without knowledge exsists currently in our societies. Ghandi is saying that if you eliminated this, we'd be a step closer to utopia.

So while I agree that wealth without work would cause inflation, I can't see how stating this destroys the argument Ghandi made.
I misunderstood and am now too tired to wrap my brain around much (It's 7:15am and I'm still awake... and had quite a difficult time just getting myself to read what you said without my mind wandering off into the oblivion of dreamland). Sorry :(