About Young Mothers

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Your stupid. Or at least, at one time, you were stupid.

Here are the reasons why (in no particular order):

1. You gave yourself over for one of the easiest lines ever: "I promise I won't cum inside you."
Yea, right. Well, ladies. I don't have to tell you that it takes only a billionth of a part of man juice to get you pregnant.

2. You gave yourself over to a loser. Most of these fathers of your children are not around. I just don't get it. You women can sense when "my man done been seeing anatha woman" yet you can't sense that he was a loser from the start.

3. Very good chance that your child has some physical or mental disorder. In curative disorder.

4. Your youth has been taken from under you. Your dreams are gone and by the time you want to live them, your already way into your 30's.

5. You spend years trying to catch another dude. Do what ever you can to entrap him. Feed him your sex, niceties, what ever. In the end, he leaves you as well. You find out later you wasted your time, money AND maybe your preg with his child.

6. You're on your own. You work hard at two jobs or you're on the dole. You're supporting the kids on your own because not only has the father abandoned you, so has your parents.

7. You're poor. You're stressed out. You're pissed. It was only 30 minutes of sexual pleasure that gave you a life time of hell. That's all it took.

Some U.S. statistics, if I may:

1. Three-quarters of a million teens between 15 and 19 become pregnant each year.

2. Very few teens who become mothers plan on doing so.

3. Two-thirds of teen pregnancies occur among teens 18-19 years old.

4. Teen mothers account for 11% of all births in the US.

5. Out of all teen pregnancies, 57% end in birth.

6. Nearly a third of pregnant teenagers choose abortion.
Out of all teenage pregnancies, 29% are terminated by abortion.

7. Black teens have the highest teen pregnancy rate.

8. Teens who become pregnant are less likely to attend college.

9. US teen pregnancy rates are higher than those of other developed countries.
US rates are twice as high as in England and Wales or Canada, and eight times as high as in the Netherlands or Japan.

10. Teen pregnancy rates declined between 1991 and 2005 but are on the rise again.

Teenage birth rate (most recent) by country

Isn't that Mamba down there at #2? And where's Bunnee? She's down there at #11.
Josie? #1

# 1 United States: 52.1
# 2 United Kingdom: 30.8
# 3 New Zealand: 29.8
# 4 Slovakia: 26.9
# 5 Hungary: 26.5
# 6 Iceland: 24.7
# 7 Portugal: 21.2
# 8 Canada: 20.2
= 9 Poland: 18.7
= 9 Ireland: 18.7
# 11 Australia: 18.4
# 12 Czech Republic: 16.4
# 13 Austria: 14
# 14 Germany: 13.1
# 15 Norway: 12.4
# 16 Greece: 11.8
# 17 Belgium: 9.9
# 18 Luxembourg: 9.7
# 19 France: 9.3
# 20 Finland: 9.2
# 21 Denmark: 8.1
# 22 Spain: 7.9
# 23 Italy: 6.6
# 24 Sweden: 6.5
# 25 Netherlands: 6.2
# 26 Switzerland: 5.5
# 27 Japan: 4.6
# 28 Korea, South: 2.9

Manis_B

Dude!
Mar 31, 2008
www.gatoforums.net
If I may.

Your reasons are all subjective. Observe:

1. You gave yourself over for one of the easiest lines ever: "I promise I won't cum inside you." Yea, right. Well, ladies. I don't have to tell you that it takes only a billionth of a part of man juice to get you pregnant.
Your assuming that a sexually active teenager gets knocked up by the first guy she sleeps with, and then you call her ignorant for it. Accidents happen all the time, even with birth control.

2. You gave yourself over to a loser. Most of these fathers of your children are not around. I just don't get it. You women can sense when "my man done been seeing anatha woman" yet you can't sense that he was a loser from the start.
Not all baby daddies are horrible, just the ones that dont stick around.

3. Very good chance that your child has some physical or mental disorder. In curative disorder.
...seriously?

4. Your youth has been taken from under you. Your dreams are gone and by the time you want to live them, your already way into your 30's.
I know several women who had kids in their teens who are living their dreams.

5. You spend years trying to catch another dude. Do what ever you can to entrap him. Feed him your sex, niceties, what ever. In the end, he leaves you as well. You find out later you wasted your time, money AND maybe your preg with his child.
Its more plausible for a single mother to not look for a new man. While some do, there are many that feel they dont need that kind of BS in their life.

6. You're on your own. You work hard at two jobs or you're on the dole. You're supporting the kids on your own because not only has the father abandoned you, so has your parents.
I know someone this happened to. She has since completed school and opened her own successful business.

7. You're poor. You're stressed out. You're pissed. It was only 30 minutes of sexual pleasure that gave you a life time of hell. That's all it took.
You would be hard pressed to find a mother who thinks she lives in a life time of hell.

TL;DR quit posting chain emails from crazy relative. Toss em in the trash where they belong.

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
Your stupid.
Must resist... commenting... on pinnacle of irony...

Anyways, while I do agree that teenage pregnancy is a big problem and the vast majority of pregnant teenagers are not ready psychologically, emotionally or financially to be mothers, you have made a number of very broad generalizations that are pretty insulting to those that don't fit your model. I think Manis summed up my points pretty well so I won't bother repeating them.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Accidents happen all the time, even with birth control.
Abortion cures that.

women who had kids in their teens who are living their dreams.

When the survey sample is in the hundreds of millions a few million good outcomes does not give one the right to say that having babies during the teens years is fine and dandy.

You would be hard pressed to find a mother who thinks she lives in a life time of hell.
Humans have the ability / curse to be able to look at a total shit deal and find a glimmer of happy and hope, even if it's made up BS. Couple that with Industry/Television/other breeders that all push the idea that having a kid filled home is the "right" thing to do and you are left with history's populace as we have it now.

An entire society built around Recreational, irresponsible breeding.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Not bothered what you think of me, to be honest.

I have long since worked past the "oh what will they think of me" stage.

Who are you again, please remind me? Someone incredibly important, maybe even famous- an icon? A Messiah? Someone who has touched my life in a powerful way with your instrinsic knowledge and wisdom?

Wait, let me get that word for you..... No.

I personally don't condone teen pregnancy. The facts are the facts. My own daughter will be heavily indoctrinated in the perils of sex (underage or otherwise) and not to perpetuate the cycle. I certainly do not believe that having shed-loads of children is the right thing to do - far from it. I believe that parents should only have enough children as they can logically afford (whilst continuing to be able to live comfortably) and it's a proven fact that children are tremendously expensive.

Despite my personal experience and circumstance which is too long for here, I have made a good life for myself. I'm a successful career woman (yes, I have just one job) and I'm not on my own. However, I'd like to make it clear that there is nothing inherently wrong with being on your own, either - for those of us that are. We have already established previously in another thread that its often the case that a solo parent is better than two drama-central fuck-ups. Yes? Yes.

Another generalization, I'm swimming in them here....

To sum up: multiple, simple, base generalizations, which do nothing more than clearly prove the intent of the thread serves only to inflame rather than enlighten.

Er, ...congrats?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
To sum up: multiple, simple, base generalizations, which do nothing more than clearly prove the intent of the thread serves only to inflame rather than enlighten.

Er, ...congrats?
I disagree.

Generalizations are used everywhere, by all sorts of individuals. If used properly a general statement can start a debate that often leads down many tangents.

I don't know all seven billion muldoons on the planet, but I'm reasonably sure that better than 75% of them could be vaporized at sun up tomorrow and I'd still manage to calmly finish my coffee before going out and enjoying a nearly empty freeway.

Generalizations are used in industry, science and finance... I don't see why an internet dude can't use them too... ya know?

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I disagree.

Generalizations are used everywhere, by all sorts of individuals. If used properly a general statement can start a debate that often leads down many tangents.

I don't know all seven billion muldoons on the planet, but I'm reasonably sure that better than 75% of them could be vaporized at sun up tomorrow and I'd still manage to calmly finish my coffee before going out and enjoying a nearly empty freeway.

Generalizations are used in industry, science and finance... I don't see why an internet dude can't use them too... ya know?
"if used properly" is the crucial part of your quote.

I'm not saying that we haven't all been guilty of generalizations at some point or another - but sometimes one should think carefully before posting.

Are you honestly trying to say that the statistics with members of the forum's names next to them was somehow part of the generalization?

You, - and he - cannot have it both ways. Either it's a generalization or it's a directed attack.

As I said - merely inflammatory.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I too, am at a point in my life where I no longer care what people think. It's petty, and I have zero desire nor the inclination to allow it to bother me. Though I do so love the fact that you put that little bit in there about mental disorders...the fact that my daughter is Autistic has no bearing on anything. Age does not determine where Autism stems from. So you sir, can go suck a fuck with that one.

You don't agree with me having 4 children?
So what? It's MY time, MY youth and MY money. If I want to waste those things on rearing children I CHOOSE to have, then that's my desicion. If I want 9 kids to waste all those things on, then I shall damn well do so.

Also, I had my children in my 20's not my teens.

By the way... you spelt "you're" wrong at the very beginning of your post, so as far as I'm concerned anything you said after that became null and void.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
the fact that my daughter is Autistic has no bearing on anything. Age does not determine where Autism stems from. So you sir, can go suck a fuck with that one.
Since you mention it ..

Having ONE kid already with Autism is indeed a strong indicator that you will continue to have more. ( SOURCE )

Making the conscience decision to have more children when you already have one with Autism is in my opinion an irresponsible behavior.

AGE of the mother may have effects on having an Autistic kid. ( SOURCE )

Some folks will say that since the chance of having a second kid with an issue is SMALL... that they are willing to risk it. What an absolute bullshit way to be in the business of procreation .. "risking it". Yeah .. ok.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Another thing. ..

People that have offspring with mental and/or physical disabilities and also use the phrases " So what? It's MY time, MY youth and MY money. If I want to waste those things on rearing children I CHOOSE to have, then that's my desicion. If I want 9 kids to waste all those things on, then I shall damn well do so" sure had better be stinking filthy rich or plan to live forever.

Because the chances are high that mama will die and then where does that leave a child ( now a hulking adult) as a ward of the state. <-- And that means others are being burdened by your choices.

I get it .. you love your kids. Great.

But having a child with "special" needs greatly occupies your time already and now you bring a full time baby into the mix. Where's the time for Autistic kid? You must have the magic formula of how to be in 4 places at once.... good for you.

Ultimately its your vagina and you are gonna do whatever the hell you want. Making babies .. .. yeah.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
It also says "there is much more research that needs to be done about autism before risk factors can be fully identified: what causes autism, who's at risk for it, and whether and how it can be prevented"

The age thing is true for a lot of things, downs, diabeties, preeclampsia, premature birth, high blood pressure, low birth weight babies, chromosonal disorders. But that is for OLDER women, not healthy women of child bearing age.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
You do know that Jess is mainstreamed now, right? She goes to a normal school, with normal kids, and does normal school work, at a normal pace... just like every other child.

I have every confidence she will be a productive member of society when she gets older. She wont be some great hulking adult burdening herself upon the state, as you so put it.

Though I don't really know what you want me to say...You want me to apologise or something?

Zeabot

Californium
Founder
Oct 25, 2013
I'm pretty sure the standard age for having children was pretty early for most of human-kind. It's only recently, with economic developments, that having children pre-30 is looked down upon.
A lot of the statistics, too, are loaded with errors, since they are dependent on one another.
But, alas, I agree with the statement on teen pregnancies, in general. If you are unfit to take care of a child, then don't have one. (Note: this is not an attack to anyone here, since I don't know your personal situations any where near enough to comment on if you are unfit to take care of your child.)

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I was serious...

To be perfectly honest, I'm tired of apologising about my daughter's condition. So if that's what you want from me, it won't happen.

I still don't get why you're so up in arms about breeding. You have children of your own.. it just seems a tad hypocritical.

or you're just up in arms about ME breeding because I have a child with special needs and then chose to have more children after her?

Or you're up in arms about breeders because you are truly THAT concerned about the planet and its "over population" and one more uneducated, poor breeder has another baby, and the world will asplode?

Like really?

Make that thread you said you were going to, because I am truly failing to understand WHY you have such ......anger? for people having children.