Are Americans Stupid?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
First a quote by Shade which I agree with 100%.
I wonder how many of you will forget these words before you have finished this thread. LMAO

[COLOR=\"Red\"]Truth is the thing that pisses everyone off and sends them into a frenzy denying it. Honesty is when you don't feel the need to deny anything. Integrity is always knowing the truth, and always being honest about it.

In otherwords people never really try to defend themselfs unless it's something that hits home.[/COLOR]
I used to think that people were stupid in general, but I realised that this kind of thinking was obstructively cynical. I altered these thoughts after talking with people from other countries who remarked at how stupid Americans were and chatting with Americans on the Net. I realised I was looking at things from the wrong perspective -- people in general weren't stupid, just Americans!

[video=youtube;fJuNgBkloFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE[/video]

Are Americans Stupid? Yep, this thread is about the country with the old red, white & blue. No, not the UK, or France. But the USA. Now, if you opened this thread without already knowing the answer, you must be American. Just to make it clear, my definition of "stupid" has nothing to do with qualifications, etc. but, put simply, common sense, or rather, lack of it. Americans, on the whole, almost (?) completely lack common sense.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
[COLOR=\"Sienna\"]First a quote by Shade which I agree with 100%.
I wonder how many of you will forget these words before you have finished this thread. LMAO[/COLOR]

[COLOR=\"sienna\"]I used to think that people were stupid in general, but I realised that this kind of thinking was obstructively cynical. I altered these thoughts after talking with people from other countries who remarked at how stupid Americans were and chatting with Americans on the Net. I realised I was looking at things from the wrong perspective -- people in general weren't stupid, just Americans![/COLOR]

YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

[COLOR=\"sienna\"]Are Americans Stupid? Yep, this thread is about the country with the old red, white & blue. No, not the UK, or France. But the USA. Now, if you opened this thread without already knowing the answer, you must be American. Just to make it clear, my definition of \"stupid\" has nothing to do with qualifications, etc. but, put simply, common sense, or rather, lack of it. Americans, on the whole, almost (?) completely lack common sense.
[/COLOR]
My imedate though before opening this threat was Yes, but no more then any one else or any other country. Blind patriotism and blind pride is the downfall. Not pride or patriotism. I think wars are started because people believe that everyone from the other group thinks the same as the groups sterotype.

I dont think its really possible to take a country and call it stupid or smart. I think the only thing you can lump that together with is humanity in general. I think in the end its a realitive messurement. abstractly thinking the sterotypical american believes he's free, but then the sterotypical chinaman thinks he's free as well. Both are right and wrong. Both are equally stupid. Cultures breed there own moralisms and identitys, and values. There are some obvious ones like no one likes to be directly opressed, but i dont think people mind other people being opressed. I think i find just as many if not more faults in america and someone in france, but the faults in comparision could be vastly differnt.

If your talking about the flag waving drunk, who truely believes that their nation is the best on the planet, then take a damn good look at the romans. America isnt a unique idea, its just the ultimate thief. It stole what it believed where the greatest ideals and morals from all other country's, and used that as it's doctrine. It's caused the side effect of being able to gain immense power quickly, but limiting itself completely with that power.

BTW you do realize that the quote your agreeing with was from an american? Which means you either are admiting there is wisdom in all people, or none. If your making the gross generalization that everyone from a single group is stupid. Cept maybie Tittys short bus patrol. Then i'd totally agree.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
BTW you do realize that the quote your agreeing with was from an american? Which means you either are admiting there is wisdom in all people, or none. If your making the gross generalization that everyone from a single group is stupid. Cept maybie Tittys short bus patrol. Then i'd totally agree.
Yes, I realised I was quoting an American.
Yes, I believe there is some wisdom in the majority of people, regardless of nationality.
No, if it is seen as a gross generalisation then perhaps it was posted for trolling purposes?
Shade, you have made some excellent points in your above comments.
It wasn't the response I expected and you have gone up in my original estimation of you...so kudos to you.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
Yes, I realised I was quoting an American.
Yes, I believe there is some wisdom in the majority of people, regardless of nationality.
No, if it is seen as a gross generalisation then perhaps it was posted for trolling purposes?
Shade, you have made some excellent points in your above comments.
It wasn't the response I expected and you have gone up in my original estimation of you...so kudos to you.
Perhaps thats why you think american's are stupid? Sterotypes are usefull in cagaorizing people and general responses but are never absolute. If you use them as a guide to a general group of thoughts or paterns you save time, if you treat it as any form of an absolute, you make stupid assumptions. People love to rag on me for not spelling, just as they love to call SS a shit starter or Dumass an intelectual. Or you as a troll :) Just because your a troll, and buddah is an narrcasist, doesn't mean i can't learn shit from you. It just means i know where to wade through the bullshit to find the stuff that makes sense to me.

What response where you expecting out of curoisty. I knew this was a bait at some level. Just wasn't sure what you where looking for.

And thanks for the praise.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
What response where you expecting out of curoisty. I knew this was a bait at some level. Just wasn't sure what you where looking for.
I was bored and started the thread solely to do what SS did when he started the Jenn thread...to start someone posting...even negative responses would have done.

What response was I looking for?
I know you Americans are fiercely patriotic and a proud nation so was counting on the fact that you couldn't let a slur on your people go unchallenged. The response could have ranged from my being banned from this forum, to ridiculing my country, to mocking me and my posts. I was prepared for almost anything except your response.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
I was bored and started the thread solely to do what SS did when he started the Jenn thread...to start someone posting...even negative responses would have done.

What response was I looking for?
I know you Americans are fiercely patriotic and a proud nation so was counting on the fact that you couldn't let a slur on your people go unchallenged. The response could have ranged from my being banned from this forum, to ridiculing my country, to mocking me and my posts. I was prepared for almost anything except your response.
HAHAHAH as cynical as it sounds, most american's hate america and bitch about it constantly. we are only patroitic when someone threatens are country. The greatest side effect in america is that no one is santisfied and we are allowed to believe we can change things. It's how the balance of power remains in balance. I am proud of my country in most respects, but realisiticly, thats only because i believe in the ideals, not really the shape it has taken. Because i believe shit should be differntly, so when one side fucks up, i vote for the other side. It isnt perfect by any means, but it's the ultimate stability in chaos as a nation. Or simply put

I disagree with what your saying, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

That sums up america. The thoughts of a dead french cynical poet named voltare.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not making any accusations or conclusions here, but I do find something interesting about this subject.

Out of all the times on outsider has commented on American bred stupidity, he's either been Buddha, or someone from either Australia, or New Zealand. Which of course is way out of proportion with how many folks I talk to who are from other than the United States.

If one WERE to make conclusions based on this, I only see a few reasons for this:

1. Australians/ New Zealanders are the smartest people on the planet, and hence they down-talk EVERYONES education, but I only hear about Americans because I am one.

2. Or Americans are by a large margin the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet, and of ALL the countries, for some odd reason, only New Zealanders and Australians are bringing it up.

3. And finally, maybe Australians and New Zealanders are just intolerant cunts with no gratitude towards the tourists that keep your economy running, an undue sense of self worth, and an over-inflated ego when it comes to 'street smarts'. <-- I think this is the most likely conclusion, as it requires the least amount of faith and assumption to come to it.

Regardless of the real truth of it, I'm just happy I'm able to group New Zealanders and Australians together in the same group like this...They're basically all bush-men, bums, and alcoholics anyways...Why you would even split a group like that into two is beyond me.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
1. New Zealanders are the smartest people on the planet, and hence they down-talk EVERYONES education, but I only hear about Americans because I am one.
See...even the stupidest American can utter a true statement occasionally.

Don't get TOO despondent though, there are lots of races thicker than you lot, eg; the Irish, the Polish, the Chinese, the Hong Kongese, the Australians, the French, the Germans, the Norwegians, the Whinging Poms....but the dumbest cunts of the lot are the Canadians.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Damn I am American...I don't think I am stupid though LoL
Well, you are stupid.

In fact, you not thinking that you are stupid, is really nothing more than just another symptom of the stupidity itself.

....Also you're gay.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
[COLOR=\"Sienna\"]See...even the stupidest American can utter a true statement occasionally.

Don't get TOO despondent though, there are lots of races thicker than you lot, eg; the Irish, the Polish, the Chinese, the Hong Kongese, the Australians, the French, the Germans, the Norwegians, the Whinging Poms....but the dumbest cunts of the lot are the Canadians.[/COLOR]
by being thicker do you mean the ability to unify? Because that is the one thing america has always been good at. In world war 2 it was shown in our professioncy. We produced 15 times the general output then any other country per capita. That esentially means each person was worth 15 people from any other country. At the point we are right now we are like 1/8th per capita. There is a reason they called us the sleeping giant. We are fucking lazy ass people till you piss us off. Then we got all rocky on everyones ass. It's both a flaw, and a wonderful trait.

And the Canadians aren't that dumb. There just fun to make fun of. The canadians have free health care, with a free economy, and the cleanest envirement via country in the world, even if its sometimes confused as the 52nd state.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
by being thicker do you mean the ability to unify? Because that is the one thing america has always been good at. In world war 2 it was shown in our professioncy. We produced 15 times the general output then any other country per capita. That esentially means each person was worth 15 people from any other country. At the point we are right now we are like 1/8th per capita. There is a reason they called us the sleeping giant. We are fucking lazy ass people till you piss us off. Then we got all rocky on everyones ass. It's both a flaw, and a wonderful trait.

And the Canadians aren't that dumb. There just fun to make fun of. The canadians have free health care, with a free economy, and the cleanest envirement via country in the world, even if its sometimes confused as the 52nd state.
We must also always remember that the Americans didn't enter World War 2 until towards the end and by then the other allies had lost thousands of soldiers and civilians, so is it surprising that your general output was higher, taking into account your nation had gone unscathed for so long?
Oh yes, your American Marines are the very picture of why we can all sleep safe at night...some of you hardly instil confidence.

Now, the Canadians. The Canadians ARE dumb cunts, it's probably due to all that French blood that's been diluting their braincells by centuries of indisciminate inbreeding.
Their soldiers are potheads and are more interested in protecting their plantations than fighting traditionally.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
In a word? Yes.

*edit* btw, I didn't really read this thread. I'll come back when I have more time to. The kid's got diarrhea and we just switched to gdipes with cloth. Yikes! Little time... back later.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
this reminds me of something Kommie would post
Hmmm, you're kind of giving yourself away here..........ALT!!

For you to have any remembrance of my posting habits, would mean that you've been around longer then you claim, THEREFORE, there is no way IN HELL that you can claim you are reminded of any posting habit I may possess IF you've only been here for a mere what.......few weeks?

The gig is up. You've been found. Just have to figure who you really are.......................:yociexp14: