Australians = Americans

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Face it. You Aussies are more Americans than Americans are.

You play Cowboys and Indians, not Bushrangers and Aboriginals.
You have tattoos representing Native Americans and rarely if ever Aboriginal artwork.

You follow America into every war obligingly.

Halloween is now popular.

Most products owned by Australians are under American brand names.

You watch predominantly American TV programs. Enjoyed you Vegamite today?

Austraians now George Washington but Americans don't know Edmund Barton.

Like those Levis and Nike shoes?

Face it. America has developed some of the most progressive and revolutionary social values in the world.

Australias contribution to the world: Boomerangs and Russel Crow.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008

You have tattoos representing Native Americans and rarely if ever Aboriginal artwork.

Face it. America has developed some of the most progressive and revolutionary social values in the world.

Where is this going?
WTF is your problem with Aussies (or Americans for that matter)
What are you trying to do?
STFU!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where is this going?
STFU!
1. "Where is this going?":khi1j:
Well, that is not for me to answer alone. You as well as anybody else can take the thead any direction you please.

2. "WTF...............Aussies." :yociexpress09:
No problems.

3. "What are ou trying to do?":yociexp33:
Piss you off. Ahahahaha!

4. "STFU!":yociexp53:
Ah, no.

Incognito

Family
Mar 11, 2008
Florida
Where is this going?
STFU!
Hey heres an idea... why don't you get off his nuts already, hmm? His post was kinda funny. Don't you have anything better to do than click around looking for Buddha's posts so you can TRY to attack him?

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
All America is, is the collaboration of many cultures... including Aussies. So if you see "American" ways spreading throughout the world, it's most likely simply the evolution of the original cultures. Open your fucking eyes.

Stickman

Dude!
May 18, 2008
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Bushrangers and Aboriginals doesn't make sense. Bushrangers were criminals who robbed banks, wagons, people etc. Aboriginals were the natives on the land and unlike in America the take over was pretty swift and no real battles were fought. If anything disease did most the damage. As for playing Cowboys and Indians it's probably because we get the same shitty toys from China as you guys.

Tattoos representing native americans is not common at all. Now tattoos representing culture from surrounding island nations on the other hand. Well sure people get tribal tattoos here. But the wierder thing is that Americans get tribal tattoos from cultures that their country doesn't have day to day relations with. From thousands of miles away.

And America followed us into world war one and two. You may argue we followed the British but it's more the case that Australia tries to stand up for democracy and freedom often at a higher price than our nation could afford.

Halloween still isn't popular. Trust me. It is increasing in popularity but it aint anywhere near America. Certainly less popular than St Patricks day. See where i'm going with this. People celebrate cultures from around the world who would have thought.

Welcome to global corporations. FOX, New York Post and a whole bunch of other media outlets is owned by News Corporation. Guess where News Corporation was founded and run until about five years ago when they had to move it to America because it was too influencial in the American landscape. I think you can guess which country.

Yeah sure we watch American TV shows. So does England, Canada in fact lets just say the English speaking world. You'll find that there are Australian actors, directors, screenwriters (ok i'm out of jobs involving TV production that I know but you get the point) working in these shows. Why? Money. Quite simple American TV has more money and thus can make better shows with better actors. Does this mean that Australia is solely made up of American TV shows? Nope not the case. In fact I would say that 65-70% of free to air TV in Australia is Australian content. As for Australian TV overseas I hear our soaps are quite popular in Britain.

I had vegemite on my toast for breakfast this morning. Thanks for asking. I can't be assed bringing out sales figures. But trust me I don't know many people without a jar in their fridge.

Of course Australians know George Washington and Americans not Edmund Barton. In fact a lot of Australians probably don't know who Edmund Barton is. Mainly because our independence came about by a simple voting process making Australia a country on January 1st 1901. You guys had a bloody war with england. Kinda stands out in history a bit more don't you think.

Like those Ugg boots? Like Rip Curl, Billabong, Quicksilver? Again welcome to a global marketplace. We have stuff from American companies you guys have stuff from Australian companies.

Yeah here a little fact on progressive and revolutionary social values fact for you. Australia gave women the right to vote before the USA. How's that for being progressive. Done in 1902 however in the 1901 election women from some states were also allowed to vote. America didn't reach this milestone officially until 1920. Aboriginals gained the right to vote in 1962 sadly black American didn't get that right until 1965 if information serves me correctly. Bit slow on social values over there aren't ya. Now i'm not saying we were or are saints on social values just that we are no worse than America.

Contributions to the world? How about 100,000 young Australian men and women lives lost in World War I and II so that democracy and freedom are values enjoyed by most of this world. If that doesn't do it for you how about the Electronic Pacemaker, the Bionic Ear, Spray-on-skin, the vaccine to prevent cervical cancer, the Electric Drill, Two Stroke Lawn Mower, Latex Gloves, polymer bank notes, differential gears, Black Box Flight Recorder, Inflatable Aircraft Escape Slide & Raft, Self-Propelled Rotary Hoe, stump-jump plough, Combine Harvester and a whole bunch of other neat and useful stuff.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Bushrangers and Aboriginals doesn't make sense. Bushrangers were criminals who robbed banks, wagons, people etc. Aboriginals were the natives on the land and unlike in America the take over was pretty swift and no real battles were fought. If anything disease did most the damage. As for playing Cowboys and Indians it's probably because we get the same shitty toys from China as you guys.

Tattoos representing native americans is not common at all. Now tattoos representing culture from surrounding island nations on the other hand. Well sure people get tribal tattoos here. But the wierder thing is that Americans get tribal tattoos from cultures that their country doesn't have day to day relations with. From thousands of miles away.

And America followed us into world war one and two. You may argue we followed the British but it's more the case that Australia tries to stand up for democracy and freedom often at a higher price than our nation could afford.

Halloween still isn't popular. Trust me. It is increasing in popularity but it aint anywhere near America. Certainly less popular than St Patricks day. See where i'm going with this. People celebrate cultures from around the world who would have thought.

Welcome to global corporations. FOX, New York Post and a whole bunch of other media outlets is owned by News Corporation. Guess where News Corporation was founded and run until about five years ago when they had to move it to America because it was too influencial in the American landscape. I think you can guess which country.

Yeah sure we watch American TV shows. So does England, Canada in fact lets just say the English speaking world. You'll find that there are Australian actors, directors, screenwriters (ok i'm out of jobs involving TV production that I know but you get the point) working in these shows. Why? Money. Quite simple American TV has more money and thus can make better shows with better actors. Does this mean that Australia is solely made up of American TV shows? Nope not the case. In fact I would say that 65-70% of free to air TV in Australia is Australian content. As for Australian TV overseas I hear our soaps are quite popular in Britain.

I had vegemite on my toast for breakfast this morning. Thanks for asking. I can't be assed bringing out sales figures. But trust me I don't know many people without a jar in their fridge.

Of course Australians know George Washington and Americans not Edmund Barton. In fact a lot of Australians probably don't know who Edmund Barton is. Mainly because our independence came about by a simple voting process making Australia a country on January 1st 1901. You guys had a bloody war with england. Kinda stands out in history a bit more don't you think.

Like those Ugg boots? Like Rip Curl, Billabong, Quicksilver? Again welcome to a global marketplace. We have stuff from American companies you guys have stuff from Australian companies.

Yeah here a little fact on progressive and revolutionary social values fact for you. Australia gave women the right to vote before the USA. How's that for being progressive. Done in 1902 however in the 1901 election women from some states were also allowed to vote. America didn't reach this milestone officially until 1920. Aboriginals gained the right to vote in 1962 sadly black American didn't get that right until 1965 if information serves me correctly. Bit slow on social values over there aren't ya. Now i'm not saying we were or are saints on social values just that we are no worse than America.

Contributions to the world? How about 100,000 young Australian men and women lives lost in World War I and II so that democracy and freedom are values enjoyed by most of this world. If that doesn't do it for you how about the Electronic Pacemaker, the Bionic Ear, Spray-on-skin, the vaccine to prevent cervical cancer, the Electric Drill, Two Stroke Lawn Mower, Latex Gloves, polymer bank notes, differential gears, Black Box Flight Recorder, Inflatable Aircraft Escape Slide & Raft, Self-Propelled Rotary Hoe, stump-jump plough, Combine Harvester and a whole bunch of other neat and useful stuff.
That was a good post, thanks!

My objective was to piss hello out of Pink and Hardwood.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Hey heres an idea... why don't you get off his nuts already, hmm? His post was kinda funny. Don't you have anything better to do than click around looking for Buddha's posts so you can TRY to attack him?
Yeah! What he said!

And further more, get Incog out of your dumbass sig.
Give it a fucking rest already!
I swear you two are lovers..............

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Swearing does not equate Knowing, knucklenuts.
I never said it did. I am basing my comment on the posts I see here.
At least I have not stooped to name calling as you seem to do in most of your posts. How childish.