Baby Wipes

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Make AWESOME snot rags! I've just discovered this and feel the need to share.

• They hurt far less than regular tissue
  • They clean WHILE they smear snot
  • They are washable
  • After washing they become EVEN softer and are still just as effective (without the added cleaning power)
So... If you are ever :yociexp109: , buy pampers sensitive wipes instead of yanking off bits of tp to scratch at your face with.

:laluot_29:

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
You wash babywipes? To re-use them?

I never had you down as a scrooge. A bitch yes, but never a scrooge.

:khi8l:
Scrooge, indeed. :khi6d:

I throw away a lot of them, but if they were used for something other than poo, in the wash they go! I just can't see throwing away something I can use and toss later. They're great little disposable scrubbies for the bath and such.

Also, if/when Eagan has an allergic reaction to life and his bottom becomes tender, I can just fill a bowl with warm water and put a bunch of the washed wipes in there and use them without hurting him.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Well, tickle my tits til Friday. I'm now under the distinct view that ^^^ that is a smashing idea.

They're not very big though.... do you machine wash them? Surely they can't be tumble-dried? More information is required please. I'll be sure to pass it on to my housekeeper :-/

JackBlack

SoBer
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Out of State, out of mind.

• They are washable
  • After washing they become EVEN softer and are still just as effective (without the added cleaning power)
So... If you are ever :yociexp109: , buy pampers sensitive wipes instead of yanking off bits of tp to scratch at your face with.

I do use them for my bottom. keeps me fresh!

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Well, tickle my tits til Friday. I'm now under the distinct view that ^^^ that is a smashing idea.

They're not very big though.... do you machine wash them? Surely they can't be tumble-dried? More information is required please. I'll be sure to pass it on to my housekeeper :-/
You have a housekeeper?? :khi7h:

Anyways, to wash I just throw them in with whatever load they happen to be near and, yes, I tumble dry them. They get all staticky(sp) and stick to stuff, so I don't worry about them clogging anything. They fold up so flat that I just put them with the wash rags in the bathroom and kitchen.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
You wash babywipes? To re-use them?

I never had you down as a scrooge. A bitch yes, but never a scrooge.

:khi8l:
While I'd never reuse baby wipes, I think it's kind of nice that she does, if only for the fact that it creates less waste. Americans create so much waste, it's sickening. Everything in America has more packaging than product, and almost everything is disposable now. I didn't even really realize it until I lived in Korea, and noticed the difference between our (Americans) trash and the Koreans trash.

I thought we (Americans) were number one in the trash department, until I came here. We're definitely AT LEAST second to these fuckers.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere

• They are washable

I Prefer a razor sharp knife.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
While I'd never reuse baby wipes, I think it's kind of nice that she does, if only for the fact that it creates less waste. Americans create so much waste, it's sickening. Everything in America has more packaging than product, and almost everything is disposable now. I didn't even really realize it until I lived in Korea, and noticed the difference between our (Americans) trash and the Koreans trash.

I thought we (Americans) were number one in the trash department, until I came here. We're definitely AT LEAST second to these fuckers.
On the topic of waste....

I know it's not cloth diapering, but gDiapers are pretty awesome and I really want some.

They "aren't disposable or cloth" - they're flushable and compostable cloth diaper wannabes.

www.gdiapers.com They break down in 50-150 days, which makes the waste burden so much less.

:yociexp77:

gDiapering, coupled with how I use wipes would definitely ease my conscience quite a bit.

As for the packaging thing, OMG! I got so sick of all of it the other day and tore my kitchen apart, removing any and all unnecessary packaging in favor of ziploc bags that I can wash and re-use (see a pattern here? lol).

I ended up with four huge trashbags... with just plastic, cardboard, and that weird stuff they use to pkg chips (they don't offer recycling in this area. Bastards.)

I have so much more space in my pantry now and everything is so much easier to get to and see. *sigh*

I was even able to fit our Easter baskets into the cabinets to act as little sectioners. One for snacks, one for the hub's lunch stuff, and one for noodles !

:D

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
On the topic of waste....

I know it's not cloth diapering, but gDiapers are pretty awesome and I really want some.

They \"aren't disposable or cloth\" - they're flushable and compostable cloth diaper wannabes.

www.gdiapers.com They break down in 50-150 days, which makes the waste burden so much less.
Interesting, I hadn't even heard of those. So you just flush them down the toilet? That eliminates the stink problem, too. Are they leakproof/cheap, though? And yeah, I'm too lazy to go to the website... :p

gDiapering, coupled with how I use wipes would definitely ease my conscience quite a bit.
Yeah... while I realize how much of a waster I am, I still sleep fine at night. ;)

As for the packaging thing, OMG! I got so sick of all of it the other day and tore my kitchen apart, removing any and all unnecessary packaging in favor of ziploc bags that I can wash and re-use (see a pattern here? lol).

I ended up with four huge trashbags... with just plastic, cardboard, and that weird stuff they use to pkg chips (they don't offer recycling in this area. Bastards.)

I have so much more space in my pantry now and everything is so much easier to get to and see. *sigh*

I was even able to fit our Easter baskets into the cabinets to act as little sectioners. One for snacks, one for the hub's lunch stuff, and one for noodles !

:D
Yeah, I hate the fucking packaging they put everything in now, too. It's "semi-disposable", meaning it's JUST tough enough to last until the product is gone/used/etc., and half the time it still sucks. But it's also not something that seems like it should go straight to the trash, either. Fucking bastards.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
You have a housekeeper?? :khi7h:

Anyways, to wash I just throw them in with whatever load they happen to be near and, yes, I tumble dry them. They get all staticky(sp) and stick to stuff, so I don't worry about them clogging anything. They fold up so flat that I just put them with the wash rags in the bathroom and kitchen.
No. I don't have a housekeeper, so save the Jerry Springer head! But I'm very amused that you may have (even for a second) taken me seriously on that one *evil genius smile*

I think it a fucking genius idea of Josies! I will be implementing the idea without delay. When I think of the kitchen-roll I go through on a daily basis, I am appalled. Unfortunately, we live in a 'throw-away' society.

And to think, all this time I've been an avid recycler of paper/glass etc, and could have been doing something as simple as washing hardly-soiled wipes for future use.

:yociexp36:

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I Prefer a razor sharp knife.
Good for you. If you have nothing to add and are only going to find ways to be jokingly condescending, I'd like it if you would stay out of my thread.

I'm very sick and grumpy. I wanted to start a new thread and I also wanted to say that wipes make great snot rags.

Go use your knife productively now, please.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
No. I don't have a housekeeper, so save the Jerry Springer head! But I'm very amused that you may have (even for a second) taken me seriously on that one *evil genius smile*
Oh please, you don't deserve the credit you give yourself. I recall at LEAST one other time you've mentioned your imaginary housekeeper, and it wasn't that long ago.

I think it a fucking genius idea of Josies! I will be implementing the idea without delay. When I think of the kitchen-roll I go through on a daily basis, I am appalled. Unfortunately, we live in a 'throw-away' society.

And to think, all this time I've been an avid recycler of paper/glass etc, and could have been doing something as simple as washing hardly-soiled wipes for future use.

:yociexp36:
Want to know the funny thing? Almost every care package sent over here, no matter who sends it, includes baby wipes. Don't get me wrong -- they come in WAY handy for a lot of things (I mostly use them to wipe down my weapons/"guns", since it's entirely too fucking dusty here)... but I guarantee I have more baby wipes in my room than most households with infant twins buy in a month.

Anyway, those gdiapers would save me trips to the bathroom... I wonder if they come in my size?

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Good for you. If you have nothing to add and are only going to find ways to be jokingly condescending, I'd like it if you would stay out of my thread.

I'm very sick and grumpy. I wanted to start a new thread and I also wanted to say that wipes make great snot rags.

Go use your knife productively now, please.
Just quoting you to repeat what you said, so possibly he'll get the hint.

Off/on topic, I love knives. Sorry, I just had to throw that in. :p

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
I have a lifetime supply of Vagisil wipes. (Don't ask me how.) Seriously, I could hand them out to kids at Halloween and still have more than enough. I was told when they were given to me that they make great handy-wipes, but it's kinda awkward pulling vagina wipes out of my purse to offer people at picnics.

So... yeah. They make great snot-rags as well. I guess that was my point.