Beeping Appliances

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I fucking hate shit that beeps. Especially today. Today already sucks massive balls and the dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, wash machine, dryer, and I'm SURE I'm forgetting something fucking else keep fucking beeping and waking up the teething newborn.

Does anyone know how to kill the beepy part of at least the microwave? It would be nice to make a bowl of oatmeal without the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! to let me know that the damn thing turned off.

:khi4f::yociexp91::khi3c:

Psh, and I'm scheduled to have four fucking door bell rings within the next three hours. God help the one who comments on my appearance.

...So how is your day? :khi6d:

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
Does anyone know how to kill the beepy part of at least the microwave? It would be nice to make a bowl of oatmeal without the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! to let me know that the damn thing turned off.
Other than hanging out by it and yanking the handle on it as it hits one second? No clue. (Sorry.)

I...So how is your day? :khi6d:
Errrm.. better than yours, it seems. hehehe

I'd tell you more, but it would just feel like bragging at this point. Good luck!

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
:yociexp37:Erm...I can kinda relate.

Every single appliance we have in our apartment is LOUD as fuck. It isn't so much the beeping that pisses me off about them; it's what they sound like when they are ON.
Whenever the fridge clicks on we have to turn the volume way up on the TV up just to hear it. I can't run the dishwasher at night because it is loud enough to keep me awake; and don't even get me started the washer/dryer…fucking nightmare.
The apt. is really nice, but the appliances...I just can't fucking believe them. Even back in college when the roommates and I were fired up just to have four walls and a roof and didn't care about anything else---the appliances were quiet
Whatever, I don't live there anymore; my wife can deal with it.:khi7h:

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
There is an unnecessarily large number of smilies in this thread. ~ Random Observation No. 237.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
There is an unnecessarily large number of smilies in this thread. ~ Random Observation No. 237.
What do you mean?:11_003:

You don't like SMILIES?!:yociexpress09: :yociexp53:
B..bu..bu..But:yociexp51:

What's up with that G?:khi1b:

I LURV teh shmileeez!:yociexp42:

:yociexp38:

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Lol.

*no smilies*

I can really understand where you are coming from with this one Josie. Although, I have to admit that all of my appliances are super-silent (I'm sorry for you NegC) but yes, the bleeping noises do my head in.

The worst of which is the dishwasher.... we don't even know it's on, but fuck me we know when it's done. It does a 3-second long beep - THREE fucking seconds long.... then it waits for a full 30 seconds and does it again. And then again. What, in the name of all that is unholy, is THAT about?

I can only imagine how annoying this would be with a newborn in the house.... have fun running around the appliances and hitting the 'off' button!

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Other than hanging out by it and yanking the handle on it as it hits one second? No clue. (Sorry.)
Haha, yeah, that too.

vi said:
I'd tell you more, but it would just feel like bragging at this point. Good luck!
Hey, ya never know - might cheer me up a bit :)

edit: that's the reason I made this post in the free fire zone. I didn't want it to start out a bitchy thread and then stay that way.

P.S. What does your sig mean, Josie?
YouTube - U2's lost song NEGATIVLAND

:yociexp37:Erm...I can kinda relate.

Every single appliance we have in our apartment is LOUD as fuck. It isn't so much the beeping that pisses me off about them; it's what they sound like when they are ON.
Whenever the fridge clicks on we have to turn the volume way up on the TV up just to hear it. I can't run the dishwasher at night because it is loud enough to keep me awake; and don't even get me started the washer/dryer…fucking nightmare.
The apt. is really nice, but the appliances...I just can't fucking believe them. Even back in college when the roommates and I were fired up just to have four walls and a roof and didn't care about anything else---the appliances were quiet
Whatever, I don't live there anymore; my wife can deal with it.:khi7h:
Hehe, the dishwasher at my old house used to "whine" so loudly that when i was on the phone, people would literally think I was either torturing my cat or I was watching seals on tv. A friend of mine even yelled at me that I should never hurt my cat because she's just a kitty and how DARE I lie about it! hahaha

The house was eventually hit with lightning. It left a crack down one wall, blew up the dishwasher (yay!) and the toaster that didn't like to give your toast back til it was black (yay!).

...But it didn't kill the puke yellowish green fridge that sounds about how you described yours. True story: Hit it hard enough, it'll be quiet for about ten minutes.

Lol.

*no smilies*

I can really understand where you are coming from with this one Josie. Although, I have to admit that all of my appliances are super-silent (I'm sorry for you NegC) but yes, the bleeping noises do my head in.

The worst of which is the dishwasher.... we don't even know it's on, but fuck me we know when it's done. It does a 3-second long beep - THREE fucking seconds long.... then it waits for a full 30 seconds and does it again. And then again. What, in the name of all that is unholy, is THAT about?

I can only imagine how annoying this would be with a newborn in the house.... have fun running around the appliances and hitting the 'off' button!
The dryer does the same thing! Only it's not one loud beep, it's 4 consecutive beeps, waits for awhile, and beeps again. Rinse, repeat for a full three cycles of that! :yociexp34:

Who, in their right mind, designs these things and thinks one or more of the following:

"Hmm... LOTS of beeping would definitely be a great selling point for this product."

"REALLY LOUD beeping would be even better!"

or

"Who would ever want to turn the noise off? There is no reason to make the beep optional - mandatory is the way to go!"

??

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
It's a cheapy microwave from wal-mart. I care little about the warranty. How would I disconnect the noisemaker?
You have to take the shell off of it and then usually on the right side there is the little vent that has the speaker that's making the noise. Disconnect the black wire and you're good to go.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
If that doesn't, this should:

*adorable pic*

(Works for me.)
Indeed!

You have to take the shell off of it and then usually on the right side there is the little vent that has the speaker that's making the noise. Disconnect the black wire and you're good to go.
Thanks. I'll instruct the hub to do this when he gets home :D

If you get it disconnected I totally expect a couple of nudie shots of you.
Let me get this straight... You want nudie pics of a woman who recently had a baby?

:yociexp37:

Isn't that kinda like takin' a brand new balloon, blowing it up, letting the air out and then trying to sell it full price?

Why would you want nude shots of a corpse.

She's a woman ... you failed to give STEP by STEP instructions and she's likely to disassemble it while still powered and will likely be dead soon.

Good job ... murderer.
Oooh, yes :yociexp77: Step by Step would be fabulous
(every time I hear "step by step instructions", strongbad pops up in my head. da email da email. what what da email ! )

On a side note...

Oh my hawtness! A Russian just came to sweep my chimney!

I'm gonna go drool a little and be back momentarily...

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
I HATE my fucking car.
Everything beeps in it.
So I forget to do a few things, but I'd remember without the screeching beeeeeeeep!!!!

Silly Cunt

Fingerbanger
Founder
Mar 30, 2008
Western Australia
I HATE my fucking car.
Everything beeps in it.
So I forget to do a few things, but I'd remember without the screeching beeeeeeeep!!!!
You reckon your car sucks, MY vehicle often submits to pressure at the most inconvenient times. It will often tire, especially with the law on my tail - therefor I have to seek refuge behind a building while rubbish is being jettisoned.

Furthermore, my mechanic is an 8 foot tall hairy cunt who can't speak english, but only I can understand him, which doesn't help with the insurance companies (or bounty hunters for that matter.)

Fuck your beeping, my hyperdrive is broken, and I have a rendezvous with Jabba the Hutt.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Indeed!

Let me get this straight... You want nudie pics of a woman who recently had a baby?

:yociexp37:

Isn't that kinda like takin' a brand new balloon, blowing it up, letting the air out and then trying to sell it full price?

I'm guessing your tits grew then. Pics please.