Best fireworks?

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on fireworks this year.

I'm a huge fan of artillery shells, but i was wondering if there was anything else worth looking into.
I don't really want to blow up the back yard, (ok maybe just a little bit) i just want something that's somewhat impressive.

(ANY ideas are appreciated)

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
Explosives sound like fun to me... I've never really played with fireworks before. Home-made blow-your-fingers-off-in-the-basement stupidity, yes, but fireworks, no.

I think I'll get one of everything this year and see what's fun.

SlimSkeeter

Pretty much anything fun is "illegal" in MI so of course I have no idea about the majority of things.

That said, mortars, bottle rockets, M-80's, and the like have always been a crowd pleaser. :biggrin:

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Go to Home Depot. Get you some blasting powder/wick rolls/silicone/duct tape. (You can see where this is going, yes?)

Some states have different regulations on the sale of blasting powder so the next best thing is to go to the local gun shop and ask for smokeless black powder. Wicks can be made by wrapping tissue paper around black powder tightly. Pack medicine bottles with as much black powder as you can. Drill a small hole in the top of the bottle and insert your wick. Seal the hole with silicone. Wrap the whole thing with about 20 feet of duct tape, then light wick, get the fuck out of Dodge.

If you really want to have fun, go buy some of the old style sparklers. They are made almost entirely of magnesium which burns bright and colorful. Cut them up into tiny pieces and mix them in with the black powder.

Or if you really want to ruin some shit, substitute the sparklers with nails, glass shards, razor blades, HIV infected hypodermic needles, small house pets, feces, or toenail clippings.

But use this information wisely. Doing this is a federal offense and you'll have yourself one wicked fucking explosion so avoid apartment complexes or anywhere that the police would rapidly be called when windows shatter and AIDS needles come slaloming in.

What you, ultimately, have is a half-stick of dynamite. The average medicine bottle is four inches in height, and one inch in diameter. A stick of dynamite is 8 inches long and one inch in diameter.

To further illustrate the awesome power of the homemade firework....

Blast energy is measured in what is called "joules". A single joule is the force of a single newton moving an object the distance of a single meter. A standard firecracker has about 15,000 joules. A stick of dynamite has about 2 million joules. The force of one of these little contraptions I described above has nearly 800,000 joules (or more).

So go forth and have a blast.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Ha! My forth was AWESOME. electrical tape + any kind of fireworks = a damn good time.
We easily had the best fireworks out of anyone that we saw (aside from the professional shows that is).
I'm not just talking pretty shit either...I'm talking BIG bada BOOM. haha

I ended up hitting a few Indian reservations so everything but a hand full of our shit was highly illegal.
Me and my buddies easily spent two grand this year so we were expecting to do a big fucking show right?...well...

Th first place we went to the next door neighbor bitched and ended up calling the cops on us...something about it being too dry out and she said she had a ton of furniture in her back yard and she was scared we were going to light her shit on fire. I'm usually not a very confrontational person, but seeing as it was a white lady and me and my fella were pretty much the only ones that could speak english i ended up being the one talking to her.

I was pretty buzzed by now i admit, so i ended up telling her having furniture in her back yard knowing full well that the forth was coming up was just bad planning on her part and that she can't expect the entire neighborhood to stop everything because of her own stupidity. Needless to say that didn't go off very well at all and she ended up calling the cops on us anyway. =/

So here we are with 2 grand worth of big ass fireworks and no place to light em up at. It sucked. But after calling around to everyone we knew we finally found yet another asian family that would let us use their yard. This was a HUGE group of people and they were ALL shitfaced and really Vietnamese...bad combo. So me and my fella were trying to light off our shit right? But then some of the other girls saw me lighting shit off so they wanted to try even though most all of them were drunk and freaked out every single time a firework went off.

So picture a bunch of 2 feet tall squeaky Asian chicks in high heels and short skirts stumbling around trying to go TOWARDS the lit fireworks instead of running away a few feet like most people do...needless to say at least two of them got burned, one's skirt was even so short that i think she singed her vagina....
So after traveling all the way there we ended up getting kicked out because the owner of the house got scared because our fireworks were so loud they were setting off car alarms blocks away.

After that we had to pack EVERYTHING up all over again and go to yet another 'friends' house down the street. Two minutes in some dumb ass lit a artillery shell in the middle of a big crowd of people..oh by the way..they were too drunk to know what it was so they didn't put it in a tube so it fuckin pwned the crowed. Most everybody got burned because that shit just sprayed everybody and after that everyone was starting to fight and the dude that lit it totally got beat down.

We didn't want to deal with any of that bullshit so we packed up our shit yet again and moved to yet another 'friends' place. This was one of my friends moms house and apparently she was doing a little get together with her church group. haha So yeah, we finally got to light up the rest of our shit drama free. The only downside was ALL of the neighbors came out and tried to mooch off our fireworks. I can't tell you how many of them came up to me asking if we had anything we didn't want to light. But by that time i was just like fuck it, i just wanted to finish up what we had left before we got the cops called on us.

So yeah, after that we ended up going to my fellas brothers house and we all got shitfaced and played countless hours of rock band until the sun came up. In case you were wondering i did the singing because most of my fingers were all burned. "Mississippi queeeeen, If you know what I meannnn" haha It was a pretty fun night, but it really made me miss Texas hardcore. I'm never going to try to pull that shit again if my only option is to light up my shit in downtown seattle. City fireworks just feel way to ghetto for my taste, not to mention all of the driving around and the drama. :rolleyes:

TopGrey

Family
Founder
Jul 30, 2008
NC mountains
Sounds like you had both fun and a pain in the ass on your hands. It sucks that so many douche bags cause the rest of us to have no fun at all....

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I'm not into fireworks, but that sounds like so much fun, Blood! Especially the drunken singing/video games til morning. Yes yes.

I had fun on the 4th too.. but not quite the same type deal lol

I did mommy stuffs with the boys, my husband, my lil bro, mom, and her hub.

My husband went to the store and got this massive bucket of water balloons and we took em over to my mom's place to play with the kids. My hub, my tot, and my lil bro (4) went out back and annihilated each other. They were out there for at least a couple hours and came back in completely drenched and exhausted.

I'd been up all night and day.. so I was pretty tired, so my hub took me and the mini pot home for a bit while the tot napped at my mom's. After the tots got up, he took mini pot back over and they went to a park for several hours where the tots conquered the trees with mini-man pee pee ! hahaha

They all got home pretty late, dirty, grinning, and super hungry. :)

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I had fun on the 4th too..

I did mommy stuff

with the boys, my husband, my lil bro, mom, and her hub.

water balloons

my mom's place to play with the kids.

I'd been up all night and day.. so I was pretty tired, so my hub took me and the mini pot home for a bit while the tot napped at my mom's.

Hahahahahaha @ June Cleaver ... and you are not even 30 yet !

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm not into fireworks, but that sounds like so much fun, Blood! Especially the drunken singing/video games til morning. Yes yes.

I had fun on the 4th too.. but not quite the same type deal lol

I did mommy stuffs with the boys, my husband, my lil bro, mom, and her hub.

My husband went to the store and got this massive bucket of water balloons and we took em over to my mom's place to play with the kids. My hub, my tot, and my lil bro (4) went out back and annihilated each other. They were out there for at least a couple hours and came back in completely drenched and exhausted.

I'd been up all night and day.. so I was pretty tired, so my hub took me and the mini pot home for a bit while the tot napped at my mom's. After the tots got up, he took mini pot back over and they went to a park for several hours where the tots conquered the trees with mini-man pee pee ! hahaha

They all got home pretty late, dirty, grinning, and super hungry. :)
Fuck cranium, that shit sounds awesome!
I wanted to do water balloons and bubbles and stuff too because there was a lot of kids and i wanted them to be able to actually do stuff other than run around scared of getting burned.

But sadly my budget couldn't handle the extra fun stuff because i spent so much on the fireworks. =/
But seriously dude, my night was fun but it was also so much bullshit it wasn't even funny. I think next year I'm going to try to focus more on entertaining the kids with random games and what not.
I'll still do the big fireworks, but I'll probably leave the family out of it...they don't seem like they were enjoying it half as much as i was anyway. hehe

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Pfft! Whateva man...What did you do for the forth then?
Besides sit on your porch and yell at the neighborhood kids to "stop that dab burned racket". haha

Umm ...made a brisket, had some booze, had some sex, had a laugh cause I am NOT tied down
with snot nosed brats, had some more sex, some more booze ....

Yeah .. nothing special.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
So picture a bunch of 2 feet tall squeaky Asian chicks in high heels and short skirts stumbling around trying to go TOWARDS the lit fireworks instead of running away a few feet like most people do...needless to say at least two of them got burned, one's skirt was even so short that i think she singed her vagina....

I caught this! Don't think I didn't, Blood.

I never saw 2 foot Asians, unless they were kids or midgets.
You are using the device of exaggeration to add to your story.

Racist remarks will not be tolerated at S.C.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I caught this! Don't think I didn't, Blood.

I never saw 2 foot Asians, unless they were kids or midgets.
You are using the device of exaggeration to add to your story.

Racist remarks will not be tolerated at S.C.
Haha I thought you'd like that...
Ok maybe they wern't exactly two feet tall, but they were at least four feet tops...

Trust me, i know this because i was the tallest chick there at a whopping 5 foot 2, and i wasn't wearing hooker shoes like the rest of them, so i can only imagine how tall they were without the shoes.

And btw, don't lie, you know most asian women sound like adorable little squeeky toys when they get overly excited. haha:laugh: