Black Friday

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Are you going to any of the Black Friday sales? If yes, are you going to buy something specific? For yourself? For someone else?

I will not. I think it's crazy. And what really annoys me is that they start earlier and earlier every year. Store A announces that they will start selling on Thursday at 10 pm. Store B has to be better and starts at 9 pm.
This is stupid..

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Not I.

I'm waiting for the inevitable flood of youtube videos showing rude and ignorant ethnic types in a tussle with some white trash princess for a mere walmart trinket.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
Not going to happen. Everyone who is getting anything from me at Christmas has already been shopped for or will get gift cards. I did black Friday once, just once. I have never in my life wanted to just donkey punch people in the head that bad, so never again.

Zeabot

Californium
Founder
Oct 25, 2013
Black friday is dumb in every single way. Especially since the deals are really deals at all and half the shit is sold out by the time you can get in the store anyways.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I have to admit there is one place that I will check out online. Lowes. I bought a aluminum work bench there a day or two after Black Friday last year. Was only $15 and has been used a lot since I bought it.
Also, while the crazies are going for "the deals", the groceries are very easy to get to...

Zeabot

Californium
Founder
Oct 25, 2013
"the deals", the groceries are very easy to get to...
I'm hoping that with the stores opening no later than midnight, by the same my ass wakes up and heads to the store, all the crazies will be gone.

proper stranger

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 23, 2011
who wants to spend thanksgiving evening standing in a line at a store?
Not me...
Now buzz off .... :)

Black Friday is being out done by a store in a town down the road aways...
They are having a 2nd coming sale.
50% off everything in the store until Jesus Christ returns.

Strange but true.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
Best thing I have ever heard about Black Friday....

Guy at Denny's was asked about Black Friday sales....he said "Black Friday...is that the day they let all the colored folks into Wal-Mart?"

I nearly spit waffles across the room. :)

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Just read in the papers some woman pepper sprayed some folks in line for their X-box just to jump the line.
Also something about security guards pepper spraying people.

Think I'll wait and pay the full price or just order it online.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
Think I'll wait and pay the full price or just order it online
By the time you factor in gas to drive there (we are 45 minutes from "town") and the drive back, the travel time, waiting in line (not a fan of crowds) and the rest, I'd rather pay a little more, order it online and have it delivered to my door. That and I've found most of the "sale" items are on Amazon for $5 more with free shipping.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
More humanity at its finest !!
Good God... What's the matter with people?
I did go shopping yesterday - mainly groceries and replacement dog beds (bought 3, that's how much I love them). I also went to Lowes. But I went around noon so the crazies were already gone...