Booooooo

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
David Tennant has finally left Doctor Who!

I will never get over this trauma.

Not sure what I think of the new Doctor (Matt Smith). He has a nose like a boxer... and not in a good way.

However, I did only see him for about 12.4 seconds, so I won't pass judgement just yet.

Anyone else DW fans?

SlimSkeeter

THIS GUY!!!

I like the way Tennant went out as The Doctor, though. Had a bit of dark, brooding, edginess for a bit and then did the noble thing in the end. Even managed to snag The Master up and have him "do the right thing"....

Should be an interesting series..

Boner

Fuckin fucker
Founder
Sep 9, 2009
My girlfriend loves this show. We watched a bunch of episodes last week, and once she explained to me what the show was really about, told me a bit about its history and had me sit through a couple episodes, I really enjoyed it.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
THIS GUY!!!

I like the way Tennant went out as The Doctor, though. Had a bit of dark, brooding, edginess for a bit and then did the noble thing in the end. Even managed to snag The Master up and have him "do the right thing"....

Should be an interesting series..
I know! I was thinking that he should have gone out in a blaze of glory... but then somehow the ending they chose was just "right" for his persona. He was SUCH a good doctor.... I am going to have a hard time adjusting.

It's funny, because I never watched it before/when I was younger... and thought it was some old sci fi series from the 70's or older... (which it actually is)... but it's just been modernized!

I have seen nearly all of the episodes with Rose and have loved it ever since.

The Master is brilliant! I think John Simms plays the part perfectly. At least he is staying in the series.... I suppose that's the last we've seen of Donna et al since the new Doctor will have to meet his own new companions
and form relationships with them...Boo.

Do you think The Master got stuck in the time vortex? And who was the woman in white??????

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
My girlfriend loves this show. We watched a bunch of episodes last week, and once she explained to me what the show was really about, told me a bit about its history and had me sit through a couple episodes, I really enjoyed it.
Funny, my boyfriend got me into it and did the exact same thing. I was like "Hell no, I'm not watchin sci fi shit" but it's soo awesome!

SlimSkeeter

I know! I was thinking that he should have gone out in a blaze of glory... but then somehow the ending they chose was just "right" for his persona. He was SUCH a good doctor.... I am going to have a hard time adjusting.

It's funny, because I never watched it before/when I was younger... and thought it was some old sci fi series from the 70's or older... (which it actually is)... but it's just been modernized!

I have seen nearly all of the episodes with Rose and have loved it ever since.

The Master is brilliant! I think John Simms plays the part perfectly. At least he is staying in the series.... I suppose that's the last we've seen of Donna et al since the new Doctor will have to meet his own new companions
and form relationships with them...Boo.

Do you think The Master got stuck in the time vortex? And who was the woman in white??????
I watched it back in the day..but its been so long I don't remember much. When they remade it, I watched and enjoyed it all over again. It stands on its own as a spectacular series.

John Simms is an EXCELLENT Master. The way he plays it, he embodies what I think the feel of the Master was through the entire show, old 70;s version and new. Brilliant and psychotic. Every bit The Doctors equal but lacking that extra bit of heart that The Doctor has.

I wouldn't count out the rest of the recurring cast, though. Rose seems to keep popping up, so does Donna.

I think The Master put everything he had into closing the Vortex. But, hell, Death didn't stop him before! Why should it now? But I can't wait to see who that Woman in White is.. Might be another Bad Wolf type of thing. Can't wait to see.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I wouldn't count out the rest of the recurring cast, though. Rose seems to keep popping up, so does Donna.
Yeah, but what help is that when they won't know/recognise him? They might pop up at a later date, but I think that's the last we'll see from them for a while......... Could be wrong though.

I think The Master put everything he had into closing the Vortex. But, hell, Death didn't stop him before! Why should it now?
Well quite. The Master doesn't die, even when we actually see it happen!

But I can't wait to see who that Woman in White is.. Might be another Bad Wolf type of thing. Can't wait to see.
What is the reference to Bad Wolf?

Personally, I think she might be The Doctors mother which would explain the fact that she is a Time Lady (and crying at that moment)- or perhaps even a reincarnation of Donna. I only think the last one, because when the Doctor was asked who the woman in white was, he looks/the camera points specifically at Donna at her wedding and the Doctor doesn't even answer! Why is that? What is the connection? Or was he looking at Donna's mother?

ALSO we know Donna didn't change when The Master re-programmed the genetic template for Earth, because she is special - "Doctor Donna" reference from other episodes etc - but what about Wilf? He didn't change either. Which leads me to believe he is ALSO a Time Lord - (who is unaware/doesn't remember - like what happened with The Doctor in the Family of Blood episode when he fell in love with that woman and thought his name was John Smith)which would explain the references made in the last episode about Wilf being "an old soldier"

I love this cryptic shit.

Your thoughts?

SlimSkeeter

Yeah, but what help is that when they won't know/recognise him? They might pop up at a later date, but I think that's the last we'll see from them for a while......... Could be wrong though.

Well quite. The Master doesn't die, even when we actually see it happen!

What is the reference to Bad Wolf?

Personally, I think she might be The Doctors mother which would explain the fact that she is a Time Lady (and crying at that moment)- or perhaps even a reincarnation of Donna. I only think the last one, because when the Doctor was asked who the woman in white was, he looks/the camera points specifically at Donna at her wedding and the Doctor doesn't even answer! Why is that? What is the connection? Or was he looking at Donna's mother?

ALSO we know Donna didn't change when The Master re-programmed the genetic template for Earth, because she is special - "Doctor Donna" reference from other episodes etc - but what about Wilf? He didn't change either. Which leads me to believe he is ALSO a Time Lord - (who is unaware/doesn't remember - like what happened with The Doctor in the Family of Blood episode when he fell in love with that woman and thought his name was John Smith)which would explain the references made in the last episode about Wilf being "an old soldier"

I love this cryptic shit.

Your thoughts?
Bad Wolf is a reference that followed Rose Tyler and The Doctor around for the first two series/seasons of the new show. You it was very subtle, though. I won't ruin it for you, but you must watch the first couple seasons through to get it.

I think that Donna and Wilf were immune simply because of prolonged proximity to The Doctor. He seems to have that kind of effect. His human family...well they kind of addressed that a little bit in that last episode. His wife lived and was happy...which is really all he was concerned about at that time. If Wilf was a Time Lord, then it stands to reason that Donna was at least part, which means that, when she got The Doctors memories and whatnot, she would have been able to handle it. At least, thats how I see it.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Bad Wolf is a reference that followed Rose Tyler and The Doctor around for the first two series/seasons of the new show. You it was very subtle, though. I won't ruin it for you, but you must watch the first couple seasons through to get it.
Arrrrrrrgh. That would be the DVD that my boyfriend lent some other person and that I haven't yet seen. Grrr.

I think that Donna and Wilf were immune simply because of prolonged proximity to The Doctor. He seems to have that kind of effect. His human family...well they kind of addressed that a little bit in that last episode. His wife lived and was happy...which is really all he was concerned about at that time. If Wilf was a Time Lord, then it stands to reason that Donna was at least part, which means that, when she got The Doctors memories and whatnot, she would have been able to handle it. At least, thats how I see it.
Yeah, I don't agree. Wilf is her grandfather, so she is definitely a quarter... must be. I think that's the only thing that really makes sense. Who knows what the reason are for Donna's incapacity for memories is....?

Plus The Doctor was asking Wilf "Who are you?!" as in "you're not human/normal" in the last episode, plus the fact that several (recent) episodes have Wilf popping up all over the place - so (for me) it's unlikely that he is inconsequential to the heavily twisted plot lines/ events. I don't think he is/was just the accidental death bringer to the last doctor..(.that knocking 4 times thing had me on the end of my seat.. there were so many red herrings with that reference. Everyone thought it was The Master...) I'm fairly certain there's something moreeeeeeeeeeee...

But time will tell!

Have you seen the trailer for the new series yet? Did you recognise anyone?

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
N.B. John Barrowman is SO FREAKNG HOT.

And YES, totally gay.

SlimSkeeter

Haven't really seen the trailer yet. At all. But BBCAmerica has been airing these nifty little specials on David Tennant....maybe, since you are head over heals for him you should look into those :D