Chemoterapy or not chemoterapy

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
So, it seems that now I have to make a choice.
I took another CT-scan today, and I get the results tomorrow.

However, I have to find out what to do if the cancer havent spread. I can either:

A. Come in and take tests every 4 months for the next 10 years. There's a 15 percent chance that the cancer will come back, and then I would need a chemo treatment that takes between 3-4 months and risk needing another operation.

or
B. Take one chemo treatment now, be on sick leave from work in 5 weeks and lose all my hair. However, the chance of getting a backlash of cancer get's reduced to 5 percent.
Though, there is a 85 per cent chance that this treament is utterly pointless.

What would you do?

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I'm all for killing it dead, so I'd say go for the chemo now. No op later, you're practically safe. (5% chance is small compared to 15%)

Do you mean on sick leave FOR 5 weeks? Cause that is a loooong ass time. I was recently on sick leave for 3 weeks (2 weeks, short time back at work then sick again for 1 week), and not good!! Luckily no one took over my damn job! (Not sure anyone wanted it, but that's beside the point!) And when I came back they'd moved all my shit around. ...Just sayin´

What's a little hair between friends? You could get a snazzy wig. They make really cool, authentic ones nowadays.

Creepy question: Did you save your hair from last time you cut it all off? You could use that!!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
At YOUR age I'd go for the the invasive treatment NOW, after all you are practically a baby still ~!

If it were me deciding At MY age I would most likely do the periodic tests.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I would take the treatment now, and suffer the consequences short term. Having your hair fall out may be embarrassing, but that's life, and as a man you shouldn't really mind about being bald - you could tell people you decided to become a skinhead?

Or, on second thoughts, you could try and find a decent wig to cover up the chemo affects... I took the liberty of doing a search on the internet for you, 40 minutes and this was the best I could find:

http://www.escapade.co.uk/Wigs-sale/70s-and-80s-Style-Wigs/70s-Wig-Black-20286.asp
Say bye bye to that cancer, and Hello to new and improved natural looking hair! Have the ladies on their knees, begging you to let them run their fingers through ya manly locks.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Tests came back with good news, I has no cancer.

As for the chemoteraphy, I didn't go for it.

My rationale is that I feel that it's over with and that I'm healthy. If I had have taken the chemo, everyone would see me as a cancer patient, including me. Everytime I'd look myself in the mirror, and being the vain self-loving bastard that I am that would be often, I'd just see cancer.
Also, I found it to be the choice of a pessimist, and my scrotum is half full, damn you!

The psychological factor of it all outweighed the chance of limiting the possibility of a backlash.

SittinGrumpy

I am glad it is gone.

Just for information sake, my mother had breast cancer, they got it early. She had 4 treatments and she didn't lose her hair, it only began to thin a little. They told her that if she went 5 years with no problems once she was in remission she had a 80% chance of it never returning.... and it never did.

So, are you leaving for Nam now?

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Woot! Go scabby, its ur testicle, go .scabby.. er whatever

Lalala

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Those plans went to shit for my part. My mates are in Nha Trang now, though.
I'll take a trip to Paris in August instead.
Had you gone, you would have stopped over in Hong Kong again, and you would not have contacted me, again, not realising that meeting you and your mates at the hotel or someplace would have been no more trouble than you walking 5 blocks away from your house to peek through Mary's bedroom window to watch her teenage boobs bounce during her excersices in front of the mirror.

Yes, I do not forget so easily. My forgiving is even slower.

As a side note: I am please you listened to your inner self. YOU are your only doctor.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
GP: General practitioner .. Ie.. Doctor.

You have to count him, he has a degree. Come to think of it, scabman isn't a doctor - what do you mean by "you are your only doctor", I'd be shitscared if I was my only doctor, I don't know how to use the stethoscope.