Childhood obesity

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
There are really obese children on Maury right now. And this one boy is two years old and weighs 62lbs. Maury just asked his mother, "Whos fault is this?" And she blamed the little boy! SHE is in charge of BUYING the food, and she blames the child?! UGH. That is child abuse.

What do you guys think?

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thats totally 100% child abuse, it is her job to bring her child up eating healthy food, because your childs diet is the foundation for his eating habits when he gets older.

If she can't get his weight down then someone should really take the kid away from her, because at this rate she's killing him.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Thats totally 100% child abuse, it is her job to bring her child up eating healthy food, because your childs diet is the foundation for his eating habits when he gets older.

If she can't get his weight down then someone should really take the kid away from her, because at this rate she's killing him.
Yep and she's crying about how she can't take him to the park, and how he gets out of breathe easily and has sleep apnea. It pisses me off when a parent doesnt do anything to help. She doesn't have to buy junk foods. Im seeing all of these obese children and I'm getting sad because they're at risk for so much, and there are ways to correct this, but the people who CAN fix it, are not doing much.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I think bitches need to mind their own fucking business.

Raise your little fuckstains however you want, and I'll do the same with mine.

And keep your fucking mouth shut about it...there isn't a perfect parent on the planet, not one. And yet every swinging dick has a strong opinion about how it should be done right.

Fucking laughable.

So, in short...my opinion is: shut the fuck up.

• Haha
Reactions: OverLord

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

And keep your fucking mouth shut about it...there isn't a perfect parent on the planet, not one. And yet every swinging dick has a strong opinion about how it should be done right.

Fucking laughable.

You're right nobodys perfect, but someone that gets their kid so fat that it has trouble breathing should be treated the exact same way as if they where starving the poor kid.

I doubt that the mom really was trying to kill her kid, she just needs someone to step up and help her out with the kids diet.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

Fucking laughable.

If it's unhealthy for a child, you're damn right Im going to say something. The mother was blaming the child for his eating habits, a 2 year old, wtf? I know I got on Josies ass once for her child looking a bit chunky, but that was just on FY to raise post count and start shit. THAT is different. This child on Maury is actually at risk for so much, and its because the MOTHER wont stop buying unhealthy foods.

Chriss

BAMF
Mar 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
There are really obese children on Maury right now. And this one boy is two years old and weighs 62lbs. Maury just asked his mother, "Whos fault is this?" And she blamed the little boy! SHE is in charge of BUYING the food, and she blames the child?! UGH. That is child abuse.
I agree. I completely think that's child abuse. A parent is the one that chooses what the child eats. Give him a carrot stick instead of a candy bar, encourage him to run, dance, play, exercise! I'm sorry, but a two year old CANNOT be held responsible for his weight! He doesn't go to the grocery store! He needs his mother to grow some balls and say no!

My daughter was a chunk when she was a baby. I actually got lectured about child obesity by her pediatrician. In her case, its genetic. Almost every child in my family has been a chunker from birth to about 12 months. She'll be 4 tomorrow and she's very healthy, fit, and would rather eat an apple than candy. If a parent enforces good eating habits and encourages an active lifestyle, the child will greatly benefit from this!

Was the mother a tank too? I've seen that before, too.

Chriss

BAMF
Mar 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
That's true, and there never will be. But don't you think that when a child is at risk of dying that someone should step in? Its a child, he deserves a parent competent enough to know whether or not he/she is killing someone who is completely dependent on them.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
That's true, and there never will be. But don't you think that when a child is at risk of dying that someone should step in? Its a child, he deserves a parent competent enough to know whether or not he/she is killing someone who is completely dependent on them.

:78:

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
I think the Parents have a responsibility to monitor their childs food and fluid intake. If they fail to do so then the authorities should step in and "educate" the caregivers.
Here is an interesting article I recently read.

An eight-year old boy who weighs 14 stone (196 lbs or 88.9 kilos) could be put into care by his local health authority as a last resort to help him lose weight.

Connor McCreaddie, who lives with his mother in Wallsend, North Tyneside, UK is four time as heavy as he should be for his age. An intensive exercise programme and some diet changes have helped him come down by a stone and half (21 lbs, 9.5 kilos) since before Christmas when he weighed 15 stone 8 lbs (218 lbs or 98.9 kilos).

Connor has difficulty getting himself dressed and is often unable to go to school because of illness related to his weight and is bullied because of his weight.

According to his mother, Nicola McKeown, Connor refuses to eat fruit and vegetables and prefers to eat processed food.

Ms McKeown has received a letter requiring her to attend a child protection conference with health authority professionals, the deputy headteacher of Connor's school and social workers. The conference will decide if he is making enough progress on his current programme or whether more drastic action is necessary. He could be placed on the child protection register.

Meanwhile Ms McKeown and Connor's grandmother have complained that they have not received enough support.

Connor's story will be covered on this evening's Tonight With Trevor McDonald television programme on UK's ITV1 channel.

His family describe how difficult it is for them to resist his pleas for food 24 hours a day.

According to Connor's mother, he spends long hours sitting at his computer and eats junk food all day long. He loves curries, sausage sandwiches, biscuits and burgers and he eats chips or fries with all his meals.

A doctor who is interviewed on the programme says Connor is being "loved to death" and that this level of overfeeding is a form of child abuse.

Being overweight causes serious problems for children and adolescents. It puts them at higher risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and also of type 2 diabetes. It also makes it more likely that they will become obese and overweight adults

According to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 80 per cent of children aged 10 to 15 years who are overweight are obese by the age of 25, and 25 per cent of obese adults were overweight as children. And children who are overweight by the age of 8 have a much greater chance of having severe obesity problems in adulthood.

In the US, 31 per cent of the population is classed as obese and in Canada nearly half the population is classed as either overweight or obese.

The UK's Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) says that obesity rates have quadrupled in the UK in the last 25 years.

Over half the UK's adult population, nearly 24 million, is classed as either obese or overweight.

The World Health Organization (WHO) says that many parts of Europe have seen a three-fold increase in obesity rates in the last 25 years and estimates that if the trend continues, Europe will have 150 million obese adults by 2010.

In Tyneside, 18 per cent of children under the age of 11 are classed as obese, according to a "Getting Active" campaign by North Tyneside council and North Tyneside Primary Care Trust. Between 1997 and 1999 there were 7 per cent more deaths from all causes in North Tyneside that in the UK as a whole, and this disparity was more pronounced in the younger age groups.

Connor's local authority have issued a statement saying that North Tyneside council and North Tyneside Primary Care Trust will continue to work with the boy's family and that his interests are "paramount".

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Firstly, I've got to correct you on your misconception that all children deserve good parents. They don't. Children are like any other group of people..some cool..some are fucking dick heads.

Secondly, I never stated that this mother was doing the right thing, nor did I try to defend her actions. All I said was mind your own goddamn business.

Are you going to stage an intervention personally on this child's behalf? Are you going to find this child and help it's mom develop a healthy nutritious diet? Are you even going to start a fucking petition?

If the answer is no, than please save me the bit about caring for this child. You're gossiping, pure and simple. Like a fat yenta at a Jewish social gathering. Likely for no better a reason than to position yourself as better than that mother, because after all; "I'd NEVER do that to MY child!"

But I digress....this was more directed at your friend Jenn, as she's the biggest fucking forum yenta I've ever run across.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Firstly, I've got to correct you on your misconception that all children deserve good parents. They don't. Children are like any other group of people..some cool..some are fucking dick heads.

Secondly, I never stated that this mother was doing the right thing, nor did I try to defend her actions. All I said was mind your own goddamn business.

Are you going to stage an intervention personally on this child's behalf? Are you going to find this child and help it's mom develop a healthy nutritious diet? Are you even going to start a fucking petition?

If the answer is no, than please save me the bit about caring for this child. You're gossiping, pure and simple. Like a fat yenta at a Jewish social gathering. Likely for no better a reason than to position yourself as better than that mother, because after all; "I'd NEVER do that to MY child!"

But I digress....this was more directed at your friend Jenn, as she's the biggest fucking forum yenta I've ever run across.
What do you have against Jews? I swear. . you're as bad as Sucker.

lianhan_shee

bitch in training
Founder
Mar 4, 2008
hell
At what point and time did the mother say "wow lets get on tv and exploit my fat kid". She should have taken the expence money to be on the show and spent it on real healthy groceries. The family should also tell the kid "NO" sheesh how hard is that to do,move the brat from the table , You are the one serving him. Dont give him or her 12 pancakes for breakfast instead give them healty option and if he whines and bitches dont give in he will eat sooner or later even it if is veggies and fruit. sheesh You are the parent and hella bigger than a child , So what he or she whines omg deal with it but yet you insist on feeding the child so much food . a child stomache can barely hold a cup of food anyway there again stupidity runs rampant in the world if there is need for an intervention then it should be made by doctors for there are alot of factors which may add to the problem and then steps can be taken for proper parenting training .

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
What do you have against Jews? I swear. . you're as bad as Sucker.

"Just as it is often hard to tell a toadstool from an edible mushroom,
so too it is often very hard to recognize the Jew as a swindler and criminal..."

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

Grow up. It was a discussion, deal with it. I normally would mind my own, but this was on a talk show. Obviously the mother didn't care if anyone minded their own business. Now get fucked, thanks.:khi2d: