Children are so easily amused.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Of all the toys my children have, they decided today that a bucket and a packet of clothes pegs are awesome fun.

Yup.

I haven't heard them fighting ALL day. Its a miracle.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Yeh, mine used to spend hours playing with a large,empty cardboard carton.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Mummy could try cutting the ass out of the box, put a string over the top, put on cardboard wheels and headlights, and tell them it's a car. They'll zoom around for ages running around with their legs sticking out.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Oh I know!

I feel like a twit because I buy my son tons of toys...and I found him playing with bottle caps last night.. stacking them up and pretending to be a monster and knocking them down. He played with them for a good 20 minutes.

<sigh>

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Heh, yeah, we don't buy toys for Eagan all that much. The last toy he got was a stuffed ferret at the grocery store that he named "Ned" on the spot. It was so cute that he named it and then gave it kisses that we bought it for him. That was... months? ago?

He would much rather terrorize my tupperware cupboard, so I just stack the lids without matching bowls in the front so he can carefully stack them on the window sill (hours). My favorite thing to do is wait til he's transferred and very carefully stacked (piled) them on the sill and then roar into the kitchen, knocking them all down. He glares at me and then goes right back to work. Teehee.

Oh yes, and any shorts or shirts I have that have strings attached are *awesome*, plastic hangers, the fleece diaper wipes I made (he uses them to carefully "clean" all the surfaces in the house and the cat), my headbands, and an old keyboard I no longer use.

He will sit next to me on his little bed while I'm on the computer and whack away at his keyboard and look at me, all proud. Hehehe

We were given three trash bags of toys from my husband's aunt whose child "outgrew" his thomas the train crap and some other stuff like trucks. They just sit in the bags, open. He totally doesn't care about that shit. The only thing they gave us that was useful were the books. Three paper bags of books - so about once a week, we go "shopping" for new books. This is so very exciting, let me tell you, lol.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Kids are great, aren't they?

It's amazing how little Hardwood finds hours and hours of joy playing with the kitty-litter box, holding semi-dried cat turds in his little hands completely mesmerized by the sights and smells.

Being a 2 year old, he's completely focused on developing only 3 ( sight, smell and touch) of his five senses. Ahhh, why bother him. Kids!!!