Children on leashes?

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

I've been seeing a steadily growing trend of parents putting harness/leash type contraptions on their children. I was wondering if i was the only one that found it kind of odd.
I mean, i understand it's a safety precaution for when you are in public but it's getting ridiculous.

Within the last week or so i've seen three children on a leash and all of them at some point gave up on life and had to be dragged a few feet. And I'm not talking just toddlers here, but one kid had to be at least 5 years old! How is this good parenting? Can't you just hold their hand to keep track of them when you are in public like in the olden days?

I mean, if you have a hand free to hold their leash, you might as well use it to hold on to your kids hand. I know when i was a kid (I'm the youngest of ten btw) we all had a buddy system where we heald hands in public so nobody got kidnapped or lost. So you really can't even use the 'i have multipul kids excuse" because it can be done if you take the time to teach your children how to behave in public.

I don't know, i completely 'get' what it's purpose is and it's an great idea and all, but it also gives parents too much room to be lazy and ignore their kids even more than usual. :rolleyes:

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I don't get it at all.

Safety, perverts :

If a parent thinks their child is such a succulent morsel that some pedo is gonna snatch them the second they walk out then KEEP THE BRAT AND THE PARENT LOCKED INDOORS, forever.

Safety, injury:

If a parent thinks their kid is in danger of decapitation then that parent needs a boot in the ass for taking the little fucker to the danger spot in the first place.

Safety, spastic little fuckers :

If a parent has one of those slobbering retards that does not comprehend the clear words of "sit down and quit fucking with with that" then again, take your little fucker to the dog park and let him collect dog poop.

I've seen them as well, the ones that have given up and just allow themselves to be hauled about like a wheel-less wagon. Its another blow to the future of Society, the last 30 years of shit bag parents have doomed us all to 70 more years of limp wristed little tree hugging A-holes that have no back bone, no fortitude, no understanding of responsibility, no vision of individuality.

These kids will grow up with only one goal ... to find someone to take care of them, and that usually means the social welfare system.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
It's fun to joke about when I'm out and really sick of my 2 year old - but never. As a punishment for not listening and staying near the cart, I have used my key clip to attach his jacket sleeve to the top of the cart while grocery shopping. This was extremely embarrassing for him. couple minutes of that, he was ready to behave.

My son... has no fear. He would go grocery shopping alone - with his own child-sized cart if I let him. So, it's a little frustrating to have him with me as he's wandering off toward the bananas and soy milk. But, like you pointed out - there are ways around that that do NOT involve a leash. Ways that involve thought by the child.

For me, even when I'm thinking about other things, it forces me to keep communicating. "we're going over here to get *blah*, after that, we'll go to the register and pay"

Also, if they behave in the store, they each get a quarter and can choose a candy outside at the gumball/candy machines. Their quarters are a big deal to them.... lemme tell ya! haha. If my toddler spies a quarter on the ground, he's on it, and slips it in his pocket before anyone else can steal it away.

Anyways, my brother thinks the leashes are really cute. He has a really sweet, well-behaved daughter (just the opposite of my 2 year old - super energetic, loud, impatient). He got her a little monkey one and offered to get my son a bear one.

o_O

He walked her to the store just because it was "so cute". "Look at my little princess on her leash... awwww" But ya know, whatever.

As for kids repeatedly acting up - that's what the smelly public restroom is for. NO kid wants to sit under the sink of the women's restroom - smelling like used tampons, pee, and farts. I'd much rather hang out in there for a five minute tantrum than spend five minutes trying to 'pacify' the child out in the store - which would, of course, lead to some retarded decision like buying him a pack of gum. Orrrr... if my son doesn't feel like listening and continues to wander off to wherever he feels like going, he can sit in there too. My favorite!!! is when he's doing his sympathy cries and screams... and it's to a black woman. Black women just 'get' it. They completely ignore him, but make it a point to smile and say hi or something to me and my youngest - which drives home the point - you get no attention when you misbehave.

Hispanic chicks piss me the fuck off. They'll slap their hands together at their kids to make a point in public or even yank their kid around... or just let 'em wail, but you put 'em in timeout in the women's restroom? and the hispanic losers all act like it's some form of cruelty and will TALK to the child. "Awww, you poor thing, you look so sad. Did your mommy make you stay there?" Rowrr, ftt, ftt. I should send them a giftbox of leashes for xmas.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Ahh. The reins. Never used them, and don't intend to.

But I'm seeing them more and more lately.... wtf is that about?

Now, my kids are 6 and 2 yrs - I think Boss of Me would definitely protest at the suggestion of being 'attached' to mum, and Little Miss 'If she can I can too' would have a fucking hissy fit if I tried to harness her. Right effin madam she is.

But, you know what? I wouldn't have them any other way. They KNOW how to behave in public, they KNOW to hold my hand on approaching a road. They KNOW not to behave like they're on fucking Supermarket Sweep when we're at Tesco.

Because.... dunurrr! That's how they are being raised. Simples.

As an example of opposition:

'Someone I know' put her daughter on reins at the age of 2 because she didn't trust her to stay and listen to instruction.

One year on? The child started school a week ago. Today, I saw 'Someone I know' after school chasing a 3-and-a-half year old around the playground while yelling "I'm only going to tell you one more time - come here now!" The child did not listen.

Because she was freeeeeee!

FUCK REINS.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
The good thing about reins is you can move the rugrat quickly and easily
without having to touch their piss and shit infested bodies.
Best invention God ever gave to us Mothers.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
That's not even funny. Seriously, that child should have been picked up and carried from the building by the 'mother', not fucking humiliated in front of lots of strangers. The kid will probably be in therapy in the future. Tax £/$ already allocated.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
That's not even funny. Seriously, that child should have been picked up and carried from the building by the 'mother', not fucking humiliated in front of lots of strangers. The kid will probably be in therapy in the future. Tax £/$ already allocated.
37-year-old Catherine Smith-Means was arrested in Rome, Alabama, back in April for felony first-degree cruelty to children. She remains in jail without bond and is awaiting trial.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1146-Seattle-Eastside-Family-Examiners~y2009m8d5-Mom-in-Alabama-arrested-for-dragging-son-on-a-leash-Video

The funny part is she was in a cellphone shop...surely the thick bitch realised cameras and phones go together.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Anybody that has children, knows that it can be a pain in the butt at times, but I think the leash is a bit too much for parents who have the patience........

For those who do not..........I can see them benefiting with this for the short time, but they will certainly go lacking the 'proper rearing' department of life.