Choices, choices... what to do???

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Here is the deal. My Jeep needs a new soft top. I narrowed it down to a Bestop soft top. As a side note: Bestop makes the OEM tops for the Jeep. After doing some reading and some research (and some more reading), I decided that sailcloth is the fabric to go with. Very quiet in comparison to the regular fabric.

Here are my choices:

1. The Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-Top

Just the top, no hardware. That's fine as it works with the OEM hardware which I have.

http://www.bestop.com/bestop-product/?p=sailcloth-replace-a-top

Between $460 - $820 depending on the retailer.

2. The Bestop Supertop NX

Comes with everything, including new and upgraded hardware. Also made of sailcloth. Nice feature is the Sunrider option. Basically, the top can be flipped open above the driver and the passenger.

http://www.bestop.com/bestop-product/?p=supertop--nx

Between $610 - $800 also depending on the retailer.

Both come in black with tinted windows.

The issue is that the NX is not available yet. The manufacturer's customer service told me that they are excepting a large shipment next week. A retailer said that's what they have been telling them for the last few weeks. Possible availability for this top is mid May - mid June.

The first option (the Replace-a-top) is available now.

I would really like the NX. But waiting until mid June???

So what would you do???

SittinGrumpy

Is there a reason why waiting for the one you want is not a valid option? I mean, is the top you have now not in good working condition? I do not believe in settling for things I invest this much money into, so I would wait until the one I wanted was available.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
You do realize there are millions of people that go without food and water everyday?
Their clothes are like tatters and card board shelter as a roof

and

YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A STUPID JEEP ROOF TOP????!!!

There are 20,000 misplaced Japanese in deep winter weather

and

YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A STUPID JEEP ROOF TOP????!!!

I say go with the one in June. It's not that long of a wait.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
^ Moron.

Are you penniless now? How are you even able to communicate those fucktarded statements since you obviously liquidated ALL of your worldly assets to donate to the poor and needy.

You are such a saint .. may Fat ass buddha show favor on you.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I know I'd wait. The second option sounds like a much better option to me. Its kind of like the mullet of tops. But I guess that depends on how you use your jeep.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Is there a reason why waiting for the one you want is not a valid option? I mean, is the top you have now not in good working condition? I do not believe in settling for things I invest this much money into, so I would wait until the one I wanted was available.
I do have a hard top on my jeep right now. The soft top I bought it with was on it's last leg end of last year and had to go.

I say go with the one in June. It's not that long of a wait.
Thanks.

I know I'd wait. The second option sounds like a much better option to me. Its kind of like the mullet of tops. But I guess that depends on how you use your jeep.
I like the Sunrider option. It gives me an alternative to taking the top down all the way or leave it up.

So... I will get the NX, but I will keep shopping around for a better deal than the lowest I have found so far.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
^ Moron.

Are you penniless now? How are you even able to communicate those fucktarded statements since you obviously liquidated ALL of your worldly assets to donate to the poor and needy.

You are such a saint .. may Fat ass buddha show favor on you.
You're like a fucking Peacock strutting around with feathers in full bloom in front of your woman whenever YOU decide your live-in muffy is being picked on.

Try some other way to show off the manly man-ness.
It impresses no one I know of, Caveman.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
You do realize
Oh shut up. You're so self-righteous you can't see the wood for the trees. I can't count the number of times you have made threads discussing YOUR "mundane" life, and nobody ever came back at you with "oh my god there are so many more important things to be worrying about, how can you even say such a thing?"

Knob.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You're like a fucking Peacock strutting around with feathers in full bloom in front of your woman whenever YOU decide your live-in muffy is being picked on.

Even though I posted this thread in the Red Zone, I would appreciate it if you would not highjack it just for an opportunity to lash out and to go on your soap box rant. Life does this curious thing... it's called "going on". Nothing comes to a complete halt because of a disaster on the other side of the world as horrible as it is for the people directly involved.

What did you do when New Orleans was hit by Katrina in August 2005? And only a few weeks later Rita made landfall. It was devastating for a lot of people and many still deal with the damages, loss of homes and employment. Did you put your life on hold? I am pretty sure you didn't.

And what about now? Are you putting your life on hold?

Just as an FYI, we were in Louisiana in 2005. We didn't see anything from Katrina (beside people leaving the coast), but were hit by Rita. Due to our location further inland, the storm had weakened a bit, but there was a lot of wind damage, we had a tornado touching down in the town we lived in, no water, fuel, electricity for days. The humidity and heat in Louisiana is no fun....

Of course what happened in Japan is so much worse. However, do not assume that I don't care about these people.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Even though I posted this thread in the Red Zone, I would appreciate it if you would not highjack it just for an opportunity to lash out and to go on your soap box rant.
This is the point in time that I say your a hypocrite.

Check out your dick buddies post here:

"^ Moron.

You are such a saint .. may Fat ass buddha show favor on you."

That's where the hijacking occurred or are you too blind to see it because your being dick slapped?

My post was made in jest and as someone already posted,
"Sarcastic".

You only read what you want to read, you see what you want to see. Far far from the truth of the matter.

I guess overblown sex at the North Carolina Sex Mansion will do that to people. Fucking couple of Romans. The both of you.

As to the rest of your "Katrina" and "Japan" rant, it just proves you missed out completely.

Since you're going to be stupid about it, I take back my sarcasm and hereby change it to seriousness.
Jeep top silliness. How mundane.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Oh shut up. You're so self-righteous you can't see the wood for the trees. I can't count the number of times you have made threads discussing YOUR "mundane" life, and nobody ever came back at you with "oh my god there are so many more important things to be worrying about, how can you even say such a thing?"

Knob.

As for you, FUUUCK off.

I rarely if EVER post may life sadness and lament on about "Oh woe is me".
You got dealt your cards and you had a big decision on that. Do your best and deal with it.

YOU however use the forum like it was your psychiatrist.
Mommy problems.
Boyfriend problems.
Raising Children problems.
Job problems.
Money problems.

Give me a fucking break, you hypocrite cretin.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Sheesh...It's a small enough community around here to at least try to be cordial with each other.

Can't well all just get along?

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
My post was made in jest
That's a bit hard to see when you write in a very large, red font... There are ways to communicate that are better...

Since you're going to be stupid about it,
Dunno if you noticed, but initially I did not even reply to your first statement. You could have easily taken care of this situation (which you started) by answering accordingly to the replies you got. Instead you had to take it to the next level...

Can't well all just get along?
I wish...

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
As for you, FUUUCK off.

You got dealt your cards and you had a big decision on that. Do your best and deal with it.

YOU however use the forum like it was your psychiatrist.
Mommy problems.
Boyfriend problems.
Raising Children problems.
Job problems.
Money problems.

Give me a fucking break, you hypocrite cretin.
That's right. Try to shut down posting from regular members with a brain cell or two. Fangasmic idea!

everyone makes decisions every day about their lives.. abs posted something she's pondering. We all do.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
As for you, FUUUCK off.

Idiot. I never said "your life's sadness" or "woe is me" I said mundane things about your life, i.e not fucking cataclysmic events.

Wow, if you had more than 1 brain cell you'd be dangerous.