Chris Rock

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
.. still hasn't come up with new material.

I saw him on Monday night and I can't believe I sat through an hour and a half of his ni**er this ni**er that bullshit! I think his supporting comedian was far funnier than he was.

He lacks the ability to engage his audience on a personal level if they're not either American or black. I've seen comedians like Ricky Gervais and Arj Barker do that just fine, yet a supposed heavyweight in the stand-up comedy world struggled to get genuine gut-wrenching laughter out of an audience filled with some of the most light-hearted people in the world.

What do you all think of Chris Rock?

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Yep. Well I saw him at the Manchester Apollo a few months ago and, yeah... not great. It was one long, drawn-out, mostly unfunny reason why white people are not allowed to call black people niggas, but black people are.

I didn't see the supporting act because, well there's a pub next door. Nuff said.

Fishypancake

spoils milk
May 21, 2008
I feel your pain. I have bill cosby tickets for this winter at the kirby. I know its just going to be cracker this, nigger that, jell-o puddin this, cheech marin that just like last time. Im either getting really high, or really drunk before i go to make it funny. Hopefully drunk, because relapsing aint too fun.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I feel your pain. I have bill cosby tickets for this winter at the kirby. I know its just going to be cracker this, nigger that, jell-o puddin this, cheech marin that just like last time. Im either getting really high, or really drunk before i go to make it funny. Hopefully drunk, because relapsing aint too fun.
Cosby was at our University a couple times...He never breaks out played out and lame "blacks do this while whites do that" jokes. Hence, Cosby isn't a stupid nigger.
After seeing him live only twice though, he does become repetitive in his commentary about marriage, parenting, and life in general. He also seems to like to joke about the dentist numbing only half his face...Which makes him talk like a stroke victim, and he is loves to demonstrate what that looks and sounds like apparently.