Christmas is right around the corner!

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Anyone start Christmas shopping yet?

I just started last week and toys r us loves me all ready. I heart Christmas! I only hate when I cant figure out what to get people, lol.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I hate christmas. I hate christmas like I hate getting hit in the balls.

I leave most of the work to the wife. If it were up to me, I'd go on about with the day as if it didn't exist.

Stupid bullshit commercialized holidays.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle

I leave most of the work to the wife. If it were up to me, I'd go on about with the day as if it didn't exist.

About all that I like about it is I can turn into family fun day - at home. And do fun stuff with the kids like make a mess of the kitchen baking stuffs or something.

Though, I tend to do that with most holidays.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

I used to think that way until I had children. I LOVE seeing their faces on Christmas day when they realize the cookies are gone, and "Santa" has brought them gifts.

perfectlyimperfect

Still a bit noob
Nov 9, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
I've definitely started getting stuff for Christmas... Usually I don't even remember what I've gotten all the kids so it's kind of a suprise for me Christmas morning too. LOL. I hate not knowing what to get people though. Thinking about getting some golf clubs and paying the greens fees for a year for the hubby or getting him a gun. don't know though, I have no clue about golf or guns so i'll probably buy the wrong kind. Oh well.

And I totally agree with making a mess in the kitchen, only as they get a little older the mess usually gets a little worse. lol

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I hate christmas. Stupid bullshit commercialized holidays.
I'm with Titty on this one. Christmas is all about what you get these days and how much money is spent.

I could live without it, but until Santa dies in my children's eyes, I will keep up the fantasy. As soon as they know, then it will become more of a family holiday instead of a "give me" time. I regret letting myself get sucked into it in the beginning....now it's too late.

SlimSkeeter

I'm slowly coming around to another way of thinking. I am disgusted with how people act during x-mas...but that doesn't mean I have to be part of that. So, I quietly get a few gifts for some friends and family, give them in person, sometimes early, but oh well. I DON'T want anything in return, I'm not asking for anything...however if someone does take the time to try to get me something, I'm appreciative.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
only as they get a little older the mess usually gets a little worse. lol
Indeed

I DON'T want anything in return, I'm not asking for anything...however if someone does take the time to try to get me something, I'm appreciative.
^ditto.

People feel obligated to check through their list of names, so they get you something that means absolutely nothing to you and actually hurts your feelings more than anything else.

If we didn't talk enough for something to come to mind - or if you just couldn't find something that was right, I'd prefer nothing more than a hug.

I wish a lot more people felt that way =/

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I've definitely started getting stuff for Christmas... Usually I don't even remember what I've gotten all the kids so it's kind of a suprise for me Christmas morning too. LOL. I hate not knowing what to get people though. Thinking about getting some golf clubs and paying the greens fees for a year for the hubby or getting him a gun. don't know though, I have no clue about golf or guns so i'll probably buy the wrong kind. Oh well.

And I totally agree with making a mess in the kitchen, only as they get a little older the mess usually gets a little worse. lol
Lol, I have done that. I get so much I forget some of the gifts and when opened I'm like "When did I get that?"

I also cant wait until santa clause is out of the picture and I start getting credit for the great gifts they get. I did get my son tickets to see Shrek the Musical on broadway for this month and then Radio city Christmas Spectacular tickets so he's going to know its from me and daddy, and not that evil fat man, lol.

perfectlyimperfect

Still a bit noob
Nov 9, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Lol, I have done that. I get so much I forget some of the gifts and when opened I'm like "When did I get that?"
Yea, I just buy stuff all year as I see it if I think someone I know would like it. Then go home and wrap it up. So usually the wrapping paper never matches. LOL.

If we didn't talk enough for something to come to mind - or if you just couldn't find something that was right, I'd prefer nothing more than a hug.
Definitely and if it's someone I care about and do't know what to get them I'll just give them some cash because gift cards suck.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
Pfft.. I must be The Grinch. I wait till December to shop, usually all of it can be bought in a single weekend. Thoughts in the presents? I just get the little kiddies whats on their list.. or try to.

I do not like Christmas, Sam I am.

Guess Who

Jun 25, 2009
usa
I think christmas is a load of crap. Most people are just worried about what gifts the are getting. Instead of remembering what christmas is realy about. Christmas should be about family, friends, and being together. Not about gifts