Christmas

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
For whatever reason, my wife is hell bent on getting into "the holiday spirit." By this I mean occasionally listening to those radio stations that play only Christmasy music, putting up the tree, pulling out the festive (read: ghey) decor, discussing the who/what/where/why's of Christmas lists, and pretending we care about old friends and semi-distant family with Christmas cards...cards in which my signature looks eerily similar to hers (cuz I didn't fuckin WANNA do it, and I pouted, and I won).

I'm sorry to admit that I enjoy the Christmas season. I love the consumerism that everyone else bitches about. Fuck Jesus, I love gettin shit that I'm too lazy to buy for myself. That being the case, the awe inspiring wonder of it all hasn't been felt since I was a lil Negs. So, while I've been trying to "get into it" because my wife demands it and also because I sort of enjoy it, I wish I could go back in time to the childlike feeling of innocent anticipation and awe of the magic of Christmas...back when it used to mean something.

The only thing that even remotely reminds me of those days is anything that conjures up a sense of nostalgia---usually in the form of some kind of holiday ritual. Most often it is a movie or Christmas special on TV I saw as a kid that brings back warm memories.

There was one Christmas special in particular I remember watching as a child that was aired for several Christmases. It wasn't until Youtube's content volume matured to encyclopedic that I was influenced to be ambitious enough to search for what it was.

I found it today. I don't know if anyone else has seen this:
[video=youtube;OD7BeutpkS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7BeutpkS4[/video]
I'm not sure how obscure this thing actually is, but it was the shit back in the day. As an adult, for the most part it's boring weak sauce (although the "Carol of the Bells" is still hilarious), but it does remind me of fun days past.

So what about you? What holiday ritual or TV special gets your holiday libido charged? Bakin holiday cookies or watching the Grinch get it goin? How bout tramplin over grandma on Black Friday? If it's a weird and obscure do be sure to share!

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Am I getting a christmas card from Mr and Mrs Negs?

Every year on December 23 NRK(Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) air the german produced program "The 90th Birthday or Dinner for One", which oddly enough stars a British comedian.
[video=youtube;b1v4BYV-YvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1v4BYV-YvA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1v4BYV-YvA[/video]
I see it every year.

It is showed around Christmas in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Finland, Estonia, Greenland, Australia and South Africa.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Anybody remember these things?? The Tree Wheel Light thingy?

[video=youtube;UeCtTMK-Ikc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeCtTMK-Ikc&feature=fvsr[/video]

[video=youtube;MPBS7dVrE1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPBS7dVrE1U[/video]

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I've never seen that monstrous contraption before. Its radiating light waves makes me afeared!

I see what it's promoted to do...what does it actually do?
That's a gadget my grandmother used on her x-mas tree, which was all white to better reflect the colors, aka 1968.

Basically, instead of the lights wrapped around the tree, this wheel just spins around. It was cool stuff back then, until Pong which showed up around 1972.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
That's a gadget my grandmother used on her x-mas tree, which was all white to better reflect the colors, aka 1968.

Basically, instead of the lights wrapped around the tree, this wheel just spins around. It was cool stuff back then, until Pong which showed up around 1972.
Dude, you're OLD!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
... and best wishes to you too that you may one day have the honor of being "old" as well. The alternative is death.

It's funny really. A 15 yr old would call her old yet she most likely doesn't feel old. For some reason she expects us to feel old just because she thinks we're old....

She is so full of shit, she needs to change her pampers/nappies.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Just imagine if you will..........

I was 6 years old, holding you and swaying you in my arms like a little Teddy Bear.........

Rock-a-by-baby.......in the tree top..........
I'm picturing this...but I'm picturing you cradling him with lipstick haphazardly smeared on your face, wearing a tutu and your mother's high heels that are comically too large, while forcefully trying to make him suckle you because you psychotically believe yourself to be his mother...

yea...