Computer Related

SlimSkeeter

Open Office:

Been using it since I got back online a year or so ago. Takes a smidgen to get used to but that's about all.

"but I use word perfect/office/works"

Bite me...if your shit can't read a free format tough shit. If you really wanna gripe about it, I can save it as a simple assed text document, too.

Also, I've been hearing about businesses switching their standards over to Open Office as opposed to anything Micro$oft related.

Now..for the best in basic antivirus software that comes for free, I choose AVG.

To get where something like that can't reach, try SuperAntiSpyWare.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I have Open Office. It's okay. Only problem is, if you're sending a file in Open Office and that person doesn't have it, they can't open it.

Yup.

Should be called Closed Office, really. Or Restricted Office.

SlimSkeeter

I have Open Office. It's okay. Only problem is, if you're sending a file in Open Office and that person doesn't have it, they can't open it.

Yup.

You can still save it in a .txt format...which is universal.

Also, it is free...which means they are out nothing but about 5 minutes of time by downloading it.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!

Yup.

You can still save it in a .txt format...which is universal.

Also, it is free...which means they are out nothing but about 5 minutes of time by downloading it.
You have load and loads of choices when you save. Be sure that it is .txt or .doc and NOT .odf......

After you choose the extention, you will always be asked to "Keep current format" or "OpenOffice".

This app can open ANYTHING that MS Works can and MS apps can open your files as well, IF you save it as stated above.

It was developed by Sun Microsystems. Maybe as revenge or something for all the lawsuits they filed against MS.

SlimSkeeter

This is a decent list of some good, free, programs. I use several on the list.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Anyone know of a good program for burning avi files to dvd? Most I've found are slow as fuck.
Being the pirate that I am, the few times I actually make dvd's I use a pirated copy of Nero (on Windows 7) or whateverthefuck that's implemented in Ubuntu.

But, after a bit of reading, Dvd flick looks promising. And since it's open source it's free.

I also found a quick guide for you, in case some of the configurations are confusing.

Let me know if it works!

SlimSkeeter

^^^ I'm batting my innocent eyes and believing with all my might that this stuff was mentioned in a purely educational manner and that by no means are you actually intending on copyright infringement....

I'm also trying not to laugh, though...