Concerts

SittinGrumpy

What was the best concert you have ever been to?

What was the worst concert you have ever been to?

My best was by far Garth Brooks in Chapel Hill in 1992.

My worst was a tie between Alan Jackson and Clint Black, both at Walnut Creek....the most boring concerts ever!!!

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
best: toss up -

my truly best concert was Spoon, several years before anyone knew who they were. They were packed full of energy and completely annihilated the little stage at our private show in Eagle River, Alaska.

My other favorite was Annie DiFranco in Austin, Texas... but I couldn't hear a damn word of the concert itself - it was all one big blobby blur of voice and sound. Suck. HOWEVER, I was 8 months prego and she was 6. Both our babies were spazzing because of the loud music. Mine kicked my low back so hard that it dumbed my right leg for a couple seconds and I fell down - funny. embarrassing. Big prego woman falls down and everyone thinks she's in labor. The place was also packed with lesbians and it was raining. Gyrating, shiny, wet lipsticks and "boys don't cry"... pretty hot and pretty entertaining. There was a couple in front of me (see above description) who kept bumping into my belly and then getting grossed out. Like "GAH! I touched a fetus! Run!" As they got drunker and drunker, they didn't care, and one accidentally ended up grinding on said belly 'cause she thought it was her girlfriend.

Also, at this show, I was not old enough to drink and had my underage ID all ready at the door for some gay wristband that says I'm lame... but the guy at the door took one look at my belly, then my dad (who he thought I was "with") and slapped a 21+ on me. I wasn't sure whether to be like "wink, wink nudge, nudge - thanks, mister" or to be a little flattered that I didn't look like a teeny bopper, or just flat out be depressed that I looked like an old hag =(

worst: Carman.

^this guy^

My mother LOVES Carman. If you don't know who he is, he's a Christian singer. I've seen him twice, unfortunately. Once was at the Alaska State Fair. He was ignorable at that one. I had cotton candy and fried stuffs... and some kid who wanted to make out...

The second show was not so lucky. It was inside a damn church... and my mother (who is not so slim as she was back in the day) WORE BLACK SPANDEX pants with these clodhopper shoes and a too-small purple turtleneck - she also had one of those really big fuzzy scrunchies in her hair. During the concert, she was so overcome with love for the lord (aka, she felt hot) that she jumped out into the isle and "danced" (jiggled) her way to the front and octopussed in front of the stage... then proceeded to come back and try to drag me along.

Yes. Definitely the worst concert ever. A bunch of kids from my school were drug along too. Monday: "Hey [Josie], was that your mom at that Carman concert?" "No. Go away."

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
:yociexp115: Oh fuck Josie, that shit cracked me up...my mom thought Carman was hawt too.

Fuck, i didn't think anybody else knew about that guy besides overly churchy go lucky people.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
My best concert was Ozzy with Metallica opening. I can't remember what year it was things were a little fuzzy back then. I do remember being in the pit and Ozzy spewed water on me making my white tank top see through. I was wet and had black mascara and eyeliner smeared everywhere but ended up having the best freaking night ever.

My worst, Alan Jackson (I think)? I know it was county something. Yuck!

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
Never been to one.

Never want to go to one.

Lame x 10.
You are missing out.

Picture this. You are at an outdoor concert with lawn tickets. You are standing in the crowd slowing drinking a beer as the music starts to play. The crowd begins to scream, pulsing with energy. Your surrounded by hot dancing bodies, you can feel the heat coming off of them as they gyrate around you. The music is inside of you and surrounding you. You start to tap your foot. Next your hips are swaying to the music and you are pulled into the sounds. Suddenly you are screaming "rock on!" with arms raised high and forever more you become a concert groupie.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
crowd

The crowd

pulsing

surrounded by bodies,

gyrate around you.

Picture this ;

Your job is to find a certain someONE in a crowd of people. You must move through this crowd of people, they all hate you, most want to kill you.

You are outnumbered at every step.

Now do the above, and things similar to it hundreds and hundreds of times all over the world, then go home and try to be "normal".

+++

I'll pass on your crowd of gyrating drunks.

SittinGrumpy

GDP-I have known a lot of vets who love concerts....sorry that its not appealing to you because it is a freeing experience for some of us.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
GDP-I have known a lot of vets who love concerts....sorry that its not appealing to you because it is a freeing experience for some of us.

And just where in my statement did I say I speak for ALL combat veterans ?

I speak for me, and ME only.

NEVER make the mistake again of pretending to know about my situation or assuming that you have any fucking
idea about anything that relates to me and how that compares to other combat veterans.

SittinGrumpy

I didnt assume anything....I made a statement about people that i new...

I was actually being sincere and stating that I am sorry that because of one you wouldnt like the other....I find concerts a freeing experience....thats it

You dont know me anymore then I know you...if you did you would know I would NEVER assume anything about what you or anyone else has gone through in service.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
Fuck it, lets all just have an online concert! Bang with me!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJChh7ghGnE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJChh7ghGnE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I can't recall being on a bad concert.
Possibly because I'm usually shit drunk.

But I think the best one so far have to be Method Man in Oslo a few years back. It owned pretty hardcore.

It will probably and hopefully be another concert to take the place as "best" in April. CunninLynguists are going on a European tour and I'm waiting to see if they get booked in Norway. If not, I have to go to Amsterdam or Paris to catch a show.

Plus for Paris Concert:
Pharaoe Monch are also attending it.
Con: It's a retarded date which force me to stay in fucking Paris for a week.

Plus for Amsterdam concert:
Flights come and go every goddamn day.
Con:
There's a con?

Yeah, Amsterdam son. If I only smoked pot or ate shrooms, then I could look forward for that as well.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
NEVER make the mistake again of pretending to know about my situation or assuming that you have any fucking
idea about anything that relates to me and how that compares to other combat veterans.
That can be said for every one here, dickeater. Best you keep that in mind when you slap yourself silly before sputtering out fucktard words like: commie, traitor, propaganda, Idiot.:laugh:

ON TOPIC:

Best: King Crimson

Worst: Aerosmith