Cows as pets

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
A cow as a pet....what do you think?

I personally think its a great source of meat. It's like a disposable pet, which you can feed a family of 10 with!

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
We once raised a calf years ago. It was intended to be eventually consumed, but we treated it more like a pet. Seeing a pet loaded on a truck to be ultimately returned in the form of hamburger and steak isn't the most fond memory I carry from my childhood.

I suppose my brother and I roping the poor thing with clothesline and riding it until it collapsed from exhaustion may have contributed to my parents' decision to abandon the idea of raising animals for consumption. I'm sure the prospect of us abusing future meals must have factored in somewhere.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
A cow as a pet? I am sure that some people would do that. I mean, we have horses as pets as well.

Pets have always been a part of the family and raising them to eat them later... No, I don't think I could do that.

I think I will stick to the standard pet - dog, cat etc. But we need to keep in mind, that what we call a pet here is a source of food in another county.

*Lins*

You Fail.
Founder
Mar 16, 2008
Canada
A cow as a pet....what do you think?

I personally think its a great source of meat. It's like a disposable pet, which you can feed a family of 10 with!

A cow isn't a bad pet to have. I know a few people who has had them as pets. I have had a pig as a pet and it was a great pet. Untill he got really fat and we ate him. I was a little sad but he tasted good!

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
We raised cows when I was younger. They were meant for consumption but I treated them as pets. Was warned against it; was told about an attachment thing. I just figured if the fuckers were happy and content they'd be more tender and taste better.