Do you have an opinion?

SittinGrumpy

New World Trade tower drops "Freedom"

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The name "Freedom Tower" has been dropped for the skyscraper under construction in New York to replace the World Trade Center towers destroyed in the September 11 attacks, but some locals are not happy about it.

Designed amid much fanfare to symbolize the city's revival after the attacks in 2001, the tower, which will be New York's tallest building, has been beset by delays and its developer has struggled to attract tenants, due partly to fears it could be targeted for another attack.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is building the 1,776-foot (541-meter) skyscraper, has admitted even its own workers do not want to return to the site where nearly 3,000 people were killed.

On Thursday, it announced it planned to refer to the building by its address -- One World Trade Center -- because that was easiest for people to identify with.

"As we market the building, we will ensure that the building is presented in the best possible way," Port Authority Chairman Anthony Coscia told reporters on Thursday.

The plan was savaged by local tabloids. "Free Dumb Tower," was the New York Post's reaction, while the Daily News' front-page headline was: "No More Freedom."

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Friday he was disappointed.

"I would like to see it stay the Freedom Tower but it's their building and they don't need me dumping on them," Bloomberg said on his radio show.

"If they could rent the whole thing by changing the name, then they should do that," Bloomberg said, adding the most important part of the rebuilding was a planned memorial.

"We're not going to forget what happened down there and in the end the real thing that will tell the story and memorialize and hopefully give us a lesson that this should never happen again is the World Trade Center Memorial," Bloomberg said.

George Pataki, who was New York's governor at the time of the attacks, told the Daily News the name Freedom Tower was "symbolic of our commitment to rise above the attacks of September 11." He added the addresses 1 and 2 World Trade Center should never be used again since they were the names of the twin towers.

The Port Authority announced on Thursday that after on-again off-gain talks, it signed its first commercial tenant, Vantone Industrial Co Ltd, which rented several floors for a new China Center.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090327/us_nm/us_usa_freedomtower

Does it matter what they name it?

Should they even build there?

What do you think?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC

What do you think?

No.

No.

Don't really give a shit since NY is filled with shit bags that have financially capitalized off of the horrific incident of that day.

The building owner had insurance, but the CITY will use tax payer money to build and sustain that site ?

Residents of NYC pay, Federal, state and CITY income tax. There are dudes living in Raleigh that have told me that they were making $120,000 year doing the same job they took here for $40,000. They state that here the 40g goes further than the 120g they made there due to the incredible tax burden and costs of living of NYC.

In my view people that attach sentiment to a location such as an atrocity or even a grave site of a family member are fucking moronic.

Graves and memorial sites are wastes of property and public resources.
They serve NO purpose for the interned, only for the retards that cant get on with their fucking lives.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
In my opinion people are already forgetting 9/11 so regardless of what the building is named or not it is not going to make a difference.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Frankly, I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to work in that building. It WILL be the target of, eventually, successful attacks.
^^^ What he said.
In my opinion people are already forgetting 9/11 so regardless of what the building is named or not it is not going to make a difference.
Well, we are working on the better part of a decade. Within a year of the attacks I was hearing people complain about standing in line for a couple hours for airport security, as if two hours of their insignificant lives actually meant something to anyone. Stupid people make me sick.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008

What do you think?
Yes, they need to be sensitive and call it something appropriate but nothing to do with Freedom, terrorists or niggers.

No, the land should have been made into a park or paved courtyard. The authorities should have purchased the land and denied building consent.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
You know what? No one really has an opinion. Just bullshit pouring out of their mouths.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
You know what? No one really has an opinion. Just bullshit pouring out of their mouths.
How DARE you!!!!!

I gave an honest opinion and if you don't like it you can stick it right where that greasy nigger bastard shoved his ulcerated saggy dick....up your ass.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Excuse me here, but you need to be responsible for your own opinions and conduct.

I still answer the same. It's George Orwell over there in "Freedom" land.
Libraries are not places of knowledge or wisdom but Ministries of Information.

Hospitals are not what they seem either. They are Ministries of Health.

You just don't see it yet because you're blinded by your own ignorance.

SlimSkeeter

Wow this went south in a hurry, didn't it?

No, they shouldn't have rebuilt there. The only thing that people are going to remember about that site is that something horrible took place there. It doesn't matter what the name of the bloody building is or isn't. It doesn't matter that its supposed to be us thumbing our noses at those who would try to take us down. Its a waste of money that could have gone elsewhere.

SittinGrumpy

I do not believe that they should build anything on this site. This is now (IN MY OPINION) a burial ground and should be treated as such.

I think the name was lame to begin with. So it doesn't bother me they are changing it.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I do not believe that they should build anything on this site. This is now (IN MY OPINION) a burial ground and should be treated as such.

I think the name was lame to begin with. So it doesn't bother me they are changing it.
What they SHOULD build is an execution ground with a workable guillotine for Bush and the rest of those assholes who helped plan the whole damn attack.

I mean, we are agreed that it was the last administration that master minded it, yes?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Kommie....fuck you.
whatever loser.

You ASKED for an opinion.
Opinions are to be agreed on or disagreed about.
If you have an disagreement, it is better to state it, in some logical progression as to why.

Telling me to fuck off is not doing anything but making yourself look like the loser.

By the way, I am living life like a vacation on a daily basis, with a secure job.
Best you re-think who the loser is between the two of us, Squaw.

Lastly, never EVER should a Squaw be allowed to tell a white man what to do.

SittinGrumpy

blah blah bitch bitch waaaaaaaa

I don't give two fucks about YOUR opinion on ANYTHING. Get over your fucking self...no one cares if you are here or not...in fact most here wish you would fall off the face of the earth.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I don't give two fucks about YOUR opinion on ANYTHING. Get over your fucking self...no one cares if you are here or not...in fact most here wish you would fall off the face of the earth.
Let's go over a few things, shall we......?

1. You asked for an opinion, I gave it.
2. You did not show any form of logical disagreement, but instead, resorted to low brow apish comments and that's a fact, Jack.
3. No one is crying here except you. YOU are deliberately changing my quotes to put yourself in a higher standing because of your inferior standing amongst your peers that you are desperately reaching out to.
4. I really don't care if people care or not, but you seem to. I shall still state my opinions.
5. Who are these people who "in fact most here wish you would fall off the face of the earth."??

Give names. Better yet, make a poll showing visible evidence, and not your goddamn mouth running amok, Squaw.

SittinGrumpy

Let's go over a few things, shall we......?

1. You asked for an opinion, I gave it. And then you came back to talk about who is to blame...WHICH is when I said FUCK YOU
2. You did not show any form of logical disagreement, but instead, resorted to low brow apish comments and that's a fact, Jack. Arguing with a retard is pointless, you are not capable of seeing more then your side.
3. No one is crying here except you. YOU are deliberately changing my quotes to put yourself in a higher standing because of your inferior standing amongst your peers that you are desperately reaching out to. No one is crying...thats a stupid fucking statement...I am giving my opinion on YOU
4. I really don't care if people care or not, but you seem to. I shall still state my opinions. then state them and MOVE THE FUCK ALONG
5. Who are these people who "in fact most here wish you would fall off the face of the earth."?? There are enough threads here of people who hate you that I do not need to name them, they themselves have told you so.

Squaw. Coward
Now...fuck off bitch.