Do you remember how to do college mathematics?

Lanikuhana

Moi Lolita
Mar 21, 2008
Blackburn, England
Decided to post the homework assignment I got from my MAT142 course and see if TSC could figure it out (I've already completed it, by the way). I'm posting exactly what's on the piece of paper. Constants such as orbital distance and radii of the planets were not provided.

1. How many times bigger (measuring by radius) is the sun than the earth?
2. How many times heavier is the sun than the earth?
3. When light leaves the sun, how long does it take to get to the earth?
4. Moving at 75mph, how long would it take you to get to the sun from the earth?
5. Moving at 75mph, how long would it take you to cross the galaxy?
6. If all the stars in the universe were divided equally amongst all the people in the Phoenix area, how many stars would each person get?
7. If all the stars in the universe were divided equally amongst all the people in the world, how many stars would each person get?
8. If we make a model in the solar system where the scale is the sun being 0.5 inches in radius, calculate the radii of all the nine planets, and with the same scale, calculate the distances of the planets from the sun.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I know how to use more than 300 weapons systems.

I know how to survive in all locations on this planet to include the open ocean.

I know exactly where to strike a man in order to kill him nearly instantly using only a #2 pencil.

When Ragnarok comes it will be those like me that will rule the planet and mathematicians will be the main coarse .... most likely.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Decided to post the homework assignment I got from my MAT142 course and see if TSC could figure it out (I've already completed it, by the way). I'm posting exactly what's on the piece of paper. Constants such as orbital distance and radii of the planets were not provided.

4. Moving at 75mph, how long would it take you to get to the sun from the earth?
6. If all the stars in the universe were divided equally amongst all the people in the Phoenix area, how many stars would each person get?
7. If all the stars in the universe were divided equally amongst all the people in the world, how many stars would each person get?
8. If we make a model in the solar system where the scale is the sun being 0.5 inches in radius, calculate the radii of all the nine planets, and with the same scale, calculate the distances of the planets from the sun.
Google search has got your college homework right here! *grabs crotch*

JackBlack

SoBer
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Out of State, out of mind.

Are these trick questions?

Silly Cunt

Fingerbanger
Founder
Mar 30, 2008
Western Australia
I know how to use more than 300 radar weapons systems.

I know how to survive in all locations in the open ocean.

I know exactly where to rape a man in order to kill him nearly instantly using only a #2 pencil.

When Billy Bob Thornton comes it will be those like me that will rule the planet and mathematicians will be the main coarse .... most likely.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I know how to use more than 300 radar weapons systems.

I know how to survive in all locations in the open ocean.

I know exactly where to rape a man in order to kill him nearly instantly using only a #2 pencil.

When Billy Bob Thornton comes it will be those like me that will rule the planet and mathematicians will be the main coarse .... most likely.

I was mocked once.

I was mocked twice.

I have a shiny penny.