DUCK!!! It's A Bacon Explosion!!!

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
While the majority of American football fans were cooking up pots of chili, laying out the chips and dip, or cramming party sandwiches in their mouths, my Superbowl party patrons were the proud recipients of what is, in my opinion, the manliest food ever prepared...

The Bacon Explosion

For those of you who have no idea what this awesomeness is, I'll describe...

You take one pound of bacon, weave it into a 12"x12" mat. Then you take two pounds of pork sausage and cover the surface of the awesome bacon mat. You take another pound of bacon, cook it, then put that on top of the sausage. Coat everything with barbeque sauce, add spices (in this case, I used cayanne, black pepper, paprika, and sea salt) then roll it up into the shape of a log.

At this point, you fire up the smoker and get yourself a metal bowl with your favorite wood ( I used Hickory chips), fill with water and place on the grill. Put all your coals to one side, put the log on the other and smoke that bitch for 3 hours. Then you coat the entire thing with barbeque sauce and smoke it for about another 20 minutes.

This is the point where you have a mouth-gasm.

I swear, the only thing that could have made this any manlier is if it were flannel and had hot wings inside it.

Forgive the shitty quality of the pics. I was shitcanned and using my phone.

SittinGrumpy

I can honestly say, that looks gross! (the second pic)

rammstein1861

Masticater
Founder
Jan 8, 2009
Alt F4 if you wanna know.
I think My arteries are getting clogged just looking at that bitch...but damn, bacon, sausage, and barbecue sauce....that has got to be a tasty treat.

SO, Do you just eat it with your fingers or do you put on some wonder bread? I mean this sounds like it is served with something else.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
I think My arteries are getting clogged just looking at that bitch...but damn, bacon, sausage, and barbecue sauce....that has got to be a tasty treat.

SO, Do you just eat it with your fingers or do you put on some wonder bread? I mean this sounds like it is served with something else.
Yeah, I read somewhere that each one-inch serving has something to the effect of 1,400 calories and like 50 grams of fat.

I just chopped it up into inch thick portions and ate it with a fork.

Additionally, I was drinking Woodchuck Apple Cider Brew and it went fucking awesome with it.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Oh fuck yeah, this shit is better than blowjobberin, no joke.

Too bad i can't eat bacon anymore. =/

rammstein1861

Masticater
Founder
Jan 8, 2009
Alt F4 if you wanna know.
Yeah, I read somewhere that each one-inch serving has something to the effect of 1,400 calories and like 50 grams of fat.

I just chopped it up into inch thick portions and ate it with a fork.

Additionally, I was drinking Woodchuck Apple Cider Brew and it went fucking awesome with it.
Wood chuck is amazing....and Apple really brings out the flavor of bacon, thats why a lot of times pork is cooked with apples or a side dish of applesauce is complimentary.

My favorite is Woodchuck flavor is Granny smith, that shit is like getting hammered off candy.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Wood chuck is amazing....and Apple really brings out the flavor of bacon, thats why a lot of times pork is cooked with apples or a side dish of applesauce is complimentary.

My favorite is Woodchuck flavor is Granny smith, that shit is like getting hammered off candy.
Totally. I had the amber. I totally didn't plan it, either. I just had a raging hangover yesterday and didn't think my stomach could handle more hops and barley so I went for the cider. I had never had it until last night.

Normally, if I get a cider it's either Hornsby's or K's. But Woodchuck is now officially my favorite of the genre, and a great pairing for this dish.