Earthquakes, tornados and typhoons

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
A friend just told me today that the # 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese.

Yesterdays earthquake was the 88th day before the Olympics start and was to be an auspices day, with Olympics starting on 08/08/2008 (notice the 8's?).

Well, with the earthquake, measuring 7.8 for a solid 5 minutes of shaking, I just don't think that was a very good omen in the least.
In one school alone, 500 students died.
They are up at around 12,000 dead now with 18,000 trapped under rubble.

On top of that (as mentioned in another forum) my wife and I sponsor a little girl from Burma. We have no idea as to her whereabouts. Alive, dead or missing, we have no idea and have to wait for the organization (World Vision) to contact us.

Now, a tornado tears through my old stomping grounds, Greensboro N.C.
Wow, just WOW!

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I was all set to wish you and yours the best of luck and offer my condolences. Until I read the last line.

Turns out, you're so bitter about American ignorance that you find reason to comment on it even when your focus should be tuned to the mess right in front of you.

Why should I give a fuck about you and yours when you obviously care less about them yourself then you do about where American focus is pointed? Go fuck yourself.

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
I was all set to wish you and yours the best of luck and offer my condolences. Until I read the last line.

Turns out, you're so bitter about American ignorance that you find reason to comment on it even when your focus should be tuned to the mess right in front of you.

Why should I give a fuck about you and yours when you obviously care less about them yourself then you do about where American focus is pointed? Go fuck yourself.

hahahahahaha.

I think you need a blowjob.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
A friend just told me today that the # 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese.

Yesterdays earthquake was the 88th day before the Olympics start and was to be an auspices day, with Olympics starting on 08/08/2008 (notice the 8's?).

Well, with the earthquake, measuring 7.8 for a solid 5 minutes of shaking, I just don't think that was a very good omen in the least.
In one school alone, 500 students died.
They are up at around 12,000 dead now with 18,000 trapped under rubble.

On top of that (as mentioned in another forum) my wife and I sponsor a little girl from Burma. We have no idea as to her whereabouts. Alive, dead or missing, we have no idea and have to wait for the organization (World Vision) to contact us.

Now, a tornado tears through my old stomping grounds, Greensboro N.C.
Wow, just WOW!
If it weren't for children being involved, id say nature was trying solve the overpopulation crisis in China.

For some reason, hit enter too soon..

Anywho, I feel bad for the children.. and I hope that nothing else happens like that.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008

+

What the fuck are you talking about?
I am bitter? Where the fuck did you get that from? Out of your ass?
Or was if YOUR misunderstanding of the post? I think the latter.

Let's see, the last line reads " Wow, just WOW!"

What does that mean, other than what YOU thought?
Hmmm, let me see, since I wrote it seems I should know what the fuck I meant by it, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK......

It means: Shit in hell goddamn. There were 3 terrible tragedies that have taken place in 3 different parts of the world in 3 different ways, all resulting in terrible deaths and I am connected to all three of them in some obscure way:
1. I live very close to the Chinese border.
I am as of now watching the news and seeing parents grieve for their loved ones that are lying dead at their feet.
2. I support a child in Burma as a volunteer.
I have NO idea as to her current situation so I am concerned, quite naturally for her safety.
3. I lived in Greensboro N.C. for 7 years and my mother is in South Carolina which is not THAT close, but close enough. I have friends and relatives in Greensboro and vaguely reading about the tornado, quite naturally my mothers welfare will come to mind as well as those folks residing in Greensboro.

Again, what the fuck is YOUR problem?
Can't read correctly? Going off at the mouth again?

American focus, what what what???
This has nothing to do with politics nor race, fool.

You get my vote for FIMD for sure, hands down.
Oh, and fuck you too, asshole.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
If it weren't for children being involved, id say nature was trying solve the overpopulation crisis in China.
I seriously doubt nature took a conscious effort to end the lives of some 12,000 plus Chinese, some 12,000 plus Burmese and some 60 or more North Carolinians.

Tell you what. I'll leave this thread for you and Polar Bear to play around in since I have no idea what you two are going on about.
Have fun.:what:

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
This has nothing to do with politics nor race, fool.

You get my vote for FIMD for sure, hands down.
Oh, and fuck you too, asshole.
Well, ya got me.

It read to me like you were pouting. I can see now I was wrong.

Go ahead and nominate me for a FIMD. This fits the bill perfectly, and I've got it coming.

My apologies.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Well, ya got me.

It read to me like you were pouting. I can see now I was wrong.

Go ahead and nominate me for a FIMD. This fits the bill perfectly, and I've got it coming.

My apologies.
Haha, how could you even come to that conclusion?

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
*interrupts politely*

what the fuck is FIMD?

*bows out graciously*

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Haha, how could you even come to that conclusion?
What can I say. Hindsight is 20/20. At the time it seemed like he was sarcastically saying "There's all this shit going on in the world, but Wow...let's all focus on some tiny tornado because it happened in North Carolina."

In other words, I figured it was just another America bashing thread. Like I said...until the last line, I was all ready to wish him the best. But I digress, I misinterpreted his meaning.:21_003: Oops.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I seriously doubt nature took a conscious effort to end the lives of some 12,000 plus Chinese, some 12,000 plus Burmese and some 60 or more North Carolinians.

Tell you what. I'll leave this thread for you and Polar Bear to play around in since I have no idea what you two are going on about.
Have fun.:what:
Lol, calm it. It was a joke. Im not a heartless peson who wishes bad things like that. Actually, I DO feel for those people. I JUST seen the news and saw pictures of a school that collappsed with children inside. Very sad. A lot of things have been happening like that... have you heard about that huge sinkhole in TX? The weather that NJ had yesterday that ruined a few homes, and of course, those fucking tornadoes? Im hoping the hurricains arent bad this year.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
What can I say. Hindsight is 20/20. At the time it seemed like he was sarcastically saying "There's all this shit going on in the world, but Wow...let's all focus on some tiny tornado because it happened in North Carolina."

In other words, I figured it was just another America bashing thread. Like I said...until the last line, I was all ready to wish him the best. But I digress, I misinterpreted his meaning.:21_003: Oops.
He does have a reputation, I'll give you that. However, you were obviously reading WAY into it. I think it's correct that a lot of people give him shit before he deserves it... though I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Great... between Jenn and Polar Bear, buddhaboy's now on a keyboard fist-pounding rampage. You two are just fucked up on so many levels.

It's entertaining.

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
He does have a reputation, I'll give you that. However, you were obviously reading WAY into it. I think it's correct that a lot of people give him shit before he deserves it... though I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

was this supposed to be an original opinion or creative thought? or yet another example of you regurgitating someone else's opinions.

...just wondering.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
was this supposed to be an original opinion or creative thought? or yet another example of you regurgitating someone else's opinions.

...just wondering.
Re-read.

Re-read again.

Now... maybe you can realize that I was AGREEING with already existing opinions? I never claimed to be coming up with anything original.

Geez, woman... it's not my fault you made a dumb post, and I'm certainly not attempting to be your stress relief target today... mmmkay?

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
Re-read.

Re-read again.

Now... maybe you can realize that I was AGREEING with already existing opinions? I never claimed to be coming up with anything original.

Geez, woman... it's not my fault you made a dumb post, and I'm certainly not attempting to be your stress relief target today... mmmkay?

hahahahaha

example of true FIMD...

I meant to quote Jenn.