Eclipse

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Well, checking it out at this very moment with my handy dandy plastic cup.

I have nothing else to use and ill-prepared camera wise for pics, so sorry about that.

We are getting 75% here in HK.

Once in a life time as they say..............

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I saw one in 6th grade.

It did not give me pantie puddles and confused me why anyone but heathen natives worshiping their sun god would get excited over it.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
The once in a lifetime comment probably refers to Shanghai which will be able to view a TOTAL eclipse.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
The once in a lifetime comment probably refers to Shanghai which will be able to view a TOTAL eclipse.
Yeah .. and I've seen 2 of em .. ......

Anyone that has traveled the planet has a good chance of seeing several since they occur every 18 months or so in localized regions.

In fact .. Einstein used the total eclipse to prove one of his most well known theories. He tried and failed on 4 occasions to get the pics from an eclipse.

So in short .. NOT once in a lifetime.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Yeah .. and I've seen 2 of em .. ......

Anyone that has traveled the planet has a good chance of seeing several since they occur every 18 months or so in localized regions.

In fact .. Einstein used the total eclipse to prove one of his most well known theories. He tried and failed on 4 occasions to get the pics from an eclipse.

So in short .. NOT once in a lifetime.
Well, when you're bouncing around like you have done or you're an 'Eclipse Chaser' like those Tornado Chasers, than yes, you have a good chance to see more than one.

But, for most of us, we are stationary most of the time.
So, the next one coming this way will be in 2132 and I shall still be shagging by that time.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
Well, when you're bouncing around like you have done or you're an 'Eclipse Chaser' like those Tornado Chasers, than yes, you have a good chance to see more than one.

But, for most of us, we are stationary most of the time.
So, the next one coming this way will be in 2132 and I shall still be shagging by that time.
Yep, most of us would consider it a once in a lifetime event. Wish I could of been there.