Egypt, it's all kicking off

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
The main reason for this is because of the corrupt president and his ruling of the country, along with record high food prices. This has started on the back of Tunisian protests, where the public now feel empowered and are no longer afraid of the "regime" and controls on basic rights such as the freedom of speech and lack of democracy in the political system.

President Mubarak offers citizens a high five, but they leave him hanging

I'm sure you've all seen and heard on the news the protests which are occurring in cities all over Egypt with the demand of the resignation of President Mubarak. Instead the president decided to sack his cabinet with no offer of resignation himself, hoping that this will be enough to appease his citizens and end the rioting which is tearing Egypt apart.

Oh yeah, Egypt is more important than Tunisia in America's eyes, because Americans are actually paying the Egyptian government $1.3bn for being pro-peace and such good friends; this could all change in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Czslbh_Bnw&feature=fvwk embedding disbled
^The video is a few days old, updated vids would be useful if you find a good one

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I'm assuming you are wanting some input??

Egyptians are not fanatical muslims like some of their other brethen, so these riots do not suprise.

I'm actually quite glad to see these kinds of things happening in the muslim world as well as Greece, Thailand and other countries.

People should fight back repressive regimes, even though there is the cost of property destruction and loss of life.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I'm assuming you are wanting some input??
Yeah, I thought it was interesting to the world that all these corrupt countries are rioting against their governments, maybe we will see even more countries jumping the bandwagon. Predictions?

Egyptians are not fanatical muslims like some of their other brethen, so these riots do not suprise.
Yeah but there's a party called "The Muslim Brotherhood" which might take over power, that doesn't sound positive to me. Say what you like about the current president; he doesn't pose a threat to the rest of the world mainly because he's under America's thumb.

I'm actually quite glad to see these kinds of things happening in the muslim world as well as Greece, Thailand and other countries.
People should fight back repressive regimes, even though there is the cost of property destruction and loss of life.
Me too, we should count our lucky stars we weren't born into one of these regimes.

Toao

Family
Nov 19, 2010
Muzzies are the new commies. They're out to get you.

Egypt is one of the few middle eastern countries with any common sense. They are obviously past the Palestine propaganda machine, after all, the great Palestinian leader Arafat was Egyptian. So they are the traitors of the muslim world.