End of the World Countdown Based on Mayan Calendar Starts Today!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Hooray!

The beginning of the end!!

We're one year away from Dec. 21, 2012, the date that the ancient Mayan Long Count calendar allegedly marked as the end of an era that would reset the date to zero and signal the end of humanity.

The Mayans predicted a final event that included a solar shift, a Venus transit and violent earthquakes. And that pretty much means we're all fucked !!

Yaaa ! Orgy @ my house on 20 December 2012 start time = ~1800 hrs local UTC !!!

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
The Mayans also believed in astrological eras. It's just one cycle moving through to the next.. I think. However, I'm interested in the solar shift and what it may bring. According to sources there is supposed to be a perfect planetary allignment too.

Either way, I told my mum she has to call me that day... just in case.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
On a related note - A question to survivalists:

Why in the hell would you want to survive nuclear holocaust?? After watching The Day After and Threads I'm convinced that I want to be ground zero when the bombs drop.

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
"Time is a number-line with jesus at the zero and two arrows with infinite ticks pointing left and right."

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
You have to move to Mars for that...
Oh sure, ruin my whole line of thinking. Geez.

On topic, I don't hold much faith in the Mayan calendar. After all these are the same people who welcome the Spaniards into their society and look how well that worked out for them.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Oh sure, ruin my whole line of thinking. Geez.

On topic, I don't hold much faith in the Mayan calendar. After all these are the same people who welcome the Spaniards into their society and look how well that worked out for them.
That's great you don't buy into it much. I'm worried about what the putz in Russia, that's got his finger twitching over the button, thinks about the calendar.