Enraged

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I am full of rage. It rarely comes to surface anymore but it happens. This morning I lost control of it in my car. First I was running late and then I got stuck in traffic. Within ten minutes I became a raving maniac. I cursed, beat at my steering wheel, and made multiple hand gestures to the people in front of me and to the people behind me. Spit was spewing out of mouth accompanying my foul language. This of course was caused by the idiots who should not be driving and is not my fault at all. My reaction could have been avoided if people who insist on driving the speed limit would have stayed in the slow lane, if people would have used their turn signals (I almost rear ended someone guilty of not using one), and if they would put on their fucking makeup at home so they can drive when the light turns green.

My road rage has caused me to be in an actual fight in the middle of a major highway. Granted my sister initiated it but I had to get involved. The other driver got her glasses broken and her ass kicked. The traffic stopped and people watched the show. I miss my sister.

I do worry sometimes that I am going to end up being shot but this thought always crosses my mind after the fact.

I’m sure that I am not alone in this problem, care to share any of your stories about rage?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yep.

I've driven in most US states and many OCONUS cities as well.

Oddly, NORTH CAROLINA is the WORST offender of the Turn signal courtesy/law I have every seen. Literally NO ONE seems to use it to signal a lane change because they feel that they need to use some fucking Ninja trick to occupy a new lane.

The NC police DO NOT enforce the signal law and will only ticket it in conjunction with another violation.

I use my Turn signals religiously, even in parking lots. Moving 2 or more tons of motor vehicle around is dangerous with out knowing the intentions of others, and the turn signal is the only way to communicate on the open road between most drivers.

When I ride my motorcycle I am extra vigilant and am thankful for its awesome acceleration ability to move away from idiots.

SlimSkeeter

Do you suffer from an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? The parking lot deal might be a little extreme. ha.
I was thinking that more people need to use turn signals in parking lots. Pedestrians and other motor vehicles make it about a hundred times as dangerous.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
And this is what I do to rage road drivers like you to piss them off more.
We would both be flipping each other off. I have been know to follow these assholes in hopes they would pull over so I can shove their finger up their ass. The only time I really become that angry is when someone endangers my children with their careless driving. Not many people would pull over for an insane looking mother in a minivan.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I was thinking that more people need to use turn signals in parking lots. Pedestrians and other motor vehicles make it about a hundred times as dangerous.
Indeed. I'm a parking lot signaler too. I don't want some moron on her phone to rear end me because she didn't know why I was stopped. Brake lights AND a blinking yellow light seem to give people the "Aha!"

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I’m sure that I am not alone in this problem, care to share any of your stories about rage?
My wife is a passive driver who grips the wheel and swears, yet actually does nothing. I on the other hand, play games with the people that have offended me and deserve to be fucked with. That's all I will say about that.

I'm lucky I haven't been killed by that one "wrong" person I should be worried about.

SlimSkeeter

Indeed. I'm a parking lot signaler too. I don't want some moron on her phone to rear end me because she didn't know why I was stopped. Brake lights AND a blinking yellow light seem to give people the "Aha!"
With people like that, its probably more of the pretty flashy light catching their attention than the actual realization that shit is happening right in front of them. Those people stop to stare at a piece of aluminum foil that catches the sun just right.