Explain your username

dunamis

Oh, I see.
Founder
Mar 16, 2008
zorachus.net
Mine's a clever play on "dumb anus." Kill actually had it right all along.

...Alright, it's actually the Greek word for possibility. Pretty sadly hopeful, I know.

badutahboy

Dude!
May 20, 2008
Mine was my yahoo chat name like 12 years ago when I was a 18 year old guy trying to get laid on the internet... Being in Utah, there's an overabundance of mormons here, and I wanted something that would let the mormon girls know not to waste their time or mine... It stuck and I use it for most everything now...

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
'Violet' was my alter ego for when I went to parties when I was younger, so if I got fucked up and fell down the stairs or something, people would be knocking 'that drunk chick, Violet' rather than having my name mentioned. It got to the point where so many people called me by it, I'd just as easily look when someone called me Violet as when they called me by my real name.

I plucked that name because I'm a big fan of Wonka and violets are my favorite flowers.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Buddha is a very cool dude.

And....it pissed off Blue Shield because I was using a 'holy' name as my handle all the while he was sporting around in his off-line life, most likely, a Christian (holy) name after one of the apostles. What a hypocrite fuck.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
The creation/explanation:
I was in the library of UW-Eau Claire on a bitter cold February day in Wisconsin. I had just finished some dumbass research paper that sucked the life out of me for a class I have long forgotten the name of. So I was screwing around on the intertubes blowing off steam.

I was actually right in the middle of brainstorming clever screenames for another community as I had just googled FU to blow off steam.
That moment an annoying pseudo-friend showed up and sat next to me and started yacking my fucking ear off about...something about the weather being -0 degrees again. When I had finally had enough of him, the last thing I heard him say was "...would that be cool?"
Having not heard what he said and being tired of his shit, I replied with---"How about I rape and murder your fucking grandmother...(something something I don't quite remember)? Would that be cool?"
To his credit, he was able to keep his composure (even though he was certainly shocked) enough to reply with "...That wouldn't be cool dude...That would be like...negative cool.."

I suppose he was still thinking about the negative zero weather we were having and that's why he used the word negative to describe the level of cool...But anyways, it seemed to stick so I used it.

It works on so many different levels for me. I am not an optimist by far, and I'm a sarcastic dick, so negative seems to fit that way. And I'm obviously the coolest mo-fo since the Fanz.

It just works - carry on.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
The creation/explanation:
I was in the library of UW-Eau Claire on a bitter cold February day in Wisconsin. I had just finished some dumbass research paper that sucked the life out of me for a class I have long forgotten the name of. So I was screwing around on the intertubes blowing off steam.

I was actually right in the middle of brainstorming clever screenames for another community as I had just googled FU to blow off steam.
That moment an annoying pseudo-friend showed up and sat next to me and started yacking my fucking ear off about...something about the weather being -0 degrees again. When I had finally had enough of him, the last thing I heard him say was "...would that be cool?"
Having not heard what he said and being tired of his shit, I replied with---"How about I rape and murder your fucking grandmother...(something something I don't quite remember)? Would that be cool?"
To his credit, he was able to keep his composure (even though he was certainly shocked) enough to reply with "...That wouldn't be cool dude...That would be like...negative cool.."

I suppose he was still thinking about the negative zero weather we were having and that's why he used the word negative to describe the level of cool...But anyways, it seemed to stick so I used it.

It works on so many different levels for me. I am not an optimist by far, and I'm a sarcastic dick, so negative seems to fit that way. And I'm obviously the coolest mo-fo since the Fanz.

It just works - carry on.

COOL xD

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I just love plucking of other peoples scab.
They say it's a problem, I call it a gift.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Not playing.
Because you like the intranets(lol !!1!) and Stella Artois!

I actually tried Stella Artois some time ago since I've heard so much about it, and dude, that just reminded me of American beer. I.e beer for people that don't LIKE beer!
Just like sex in a canoe, fucking close to water.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Our family cat was Josie from when I was a teenager up until our recent move. I started using her name when I was making an email address for my brother to mail me at that he could remember. He absolutely loved Josie and when he had to move back up to AK, he was very depressed about not seeing her, so I made my email "josiekittie"

When I would talk to people online, it was always shortened to just 'Josie' and it stuck. That and 'Sudi', which no one here calls me. That's more of a real life nick.

Did you HAVE to quote him in his entirety? What the HELL is wrong with you?
Gawwwwd. Stop.

Fishypancake

spoils milk
May 21, 2008
One time I put some magic mushrooms, weed, and tequila into the pancake batter at my drummers house. We were all drinking alreaddy but we just started getting buzzed.

Three hours later we had to carry all our equipment 5 blocks, and across a bridge to the show at backstage because nobody trusted anybody to drive to the show.

I called them fishypancakes because thats what people call me, Fish. They call me fish because I used to drink like one.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Because you like the intranets(lol !!1!) and Stella Artois!

I actually tried Stella Artois some time ago since I've heard so much about it, and dude, that just reminded me of American beer. I.e beer for people that don't LIKE beer!
Just like sex in a canoe, fucking close to water.
See now, 'beer' is different (in terms) across the globe, isn't it?

"Going for a beer" in jolly old blighty doesn't necessarily mean 'ale'. Just... well, alcohol. We likes beer.

I don't do ale. Pblurghh.

Embrace Teh Artois.