Firefox Help

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yesterday i got an update from firefox and its totally fucked. It was supposed to be updating it to the newest version of Firefox and i guess it did, but now every time i open FF everything is zoomed in ridiculously far. I can zoom out just fine but sometimes it blows up pictures but zooms out of the font when i do that, also i have to zoom out all over again every time i go to a new web page.

What gives? I'm on vista and i already tried to uninstall and reinstall FF but so far nothings working. I also looked into my computer settings but so far nothing is fixing it.

Has this happened to anyone else or am i just special? :yociexp34:
This is what it looks like, you can see even the top tool bars and shit are huge.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
On second thought fuck that picture, it re sized it somehow so now its super super huge.
But anyhoo you get the idea, its pretty annoying.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I know, i hate vista but I'm stuck with it.
YIM hasn't been the same since i got this new computer. =/

But still there must be some way to fix it.
I'm on the same version of Firefox using XP and it works fine. Try fiddling with Firefox's settings to see if that has anything to do with it.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm using the new version with vista and I've had no problems at all.

Maybe they just hate you.
Booooo don't say that!
I was hoping someone here would share my problem. =/
I hate it when ya try to explain a problem and nobody knows wtf you're talking about.
Tis very irritating.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Indeed, this is an odd one.

Are you experiencing this behavior with any other web site ?
Yep, its not a problem with this site specifically, that's why i didn't put this thread in the "fix this!" forum. =/

I just took a screen shot of this forum because everyone already knows what it should look like so they could tell the difference.

I'm tweaking around with stuff still both on FF and on my computer settings but so far its a no go. =/

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yep, its not a problem with this site specifically, that's why i didn't put this thread in the "fix this!" forum. =/

I just took a screen shot of this forum because everyone already knows what it should look like so they could tell the difference.

I'm tweaking around with stuff still both on FF and on my computer settings but so far its a no go. =/

Hehehe ... Is that a nice way of calling me an idiot ?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yeah ... I've searched the normal places for just the mention of your problem.

No luck.

I'll extend the search with some variables, but I dunno if it will help.

Silly question I know but , did you restart the computer since you made the FF upgrade ?

Also, can you uninstall FF and start over, inconvenient yes, but may be necessary.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yeah ... I've searched the normal places for just the mention of your problem.

No luck.

I'll extend the search with some variables, but I dunno if it will help.

Silly question I know but , did you restart the computer since you made the FF upgrade ?

Also, can you uninstall FF and start over, inconvenient yes, but may be necessary.
Thanks for looking man i really appreciate it! :yociexp77:
Yeah i totally took every trace of FF off and reinstalled it twice just in case i fucked up the first time. I have also restarted my computer a bunch and even left it off for a while so it could sit there and think about what it did to my internets. But still no luck.

Let me know if you find anything on it, I'm looking too and so far i can't find shit.

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
If you hold down the Ctrl button and spin your mouse wheel in the new FF, it zooms in and out. It's a new feature they threw in. I kinda dig it.

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
If you hold down the Ctrl button and spin your mouse wheel in the new FF, it zooms in and out. It's a new feature they threw in. I kinda dig it.
They had that in the last version too. And if you don't have a mouse, you can hold down Ctrl and press the plus + and - button for the same result.

But the only problem with that in this situation is that she has to do that every time it happens.

And yeah, that is a cool feature. Especially when people write ridiculously small.

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
But the only problem with that in this situation is that she has to do that every time it happens.
Ohhh, yeah, I guess she did say she can zoom out, huh?

Fuck, I shouldn't be allowed near a computer until I have a chance to wake up. Hehe, thanks!

Straticus

Noob a little less
Aug 30, 2008
chronichaze.myfreeforum.org
Try this I had a pos vista computer. They are problematic.

Shut your computer off.

Unplug keyboard then plug it back in.restart and run normal.

Yesterday i got an update from firefox and its totally fucked. It was supposed to be updating it to the newest version of Firefox and i guess it did, but now every time i open FF everything is zoomed in ridiculously far. I can zoom out just fine but sometimes it blows up pictures but zooms out of the font when i do that, also i have to zoom out all over again every time i go to a new web page.

What gives? I'm on vista and i already tried to uninstall and reinstall FF but so far nothings working. I also looked into my computer settings but so far nothing is fixing it.

Has this happened to anyone else or am i just special? :yociexp34:
This is what it looks like, you can see even the top tool bars and shit are huge.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
For the life of me, I cannot install Flash. I can install just about all that Adobe can throw at me, but I cannot install freaking Flash Player for English Firefox 3 for Chinese Vista.

So, I have to mainly use IE. Sucks.