FORKED: For Hardy, and anyone else that's ever damaged a rib or two...

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I'm fine thanks, It is about as painful as when I broke two ribs but it heals much quicker. Good thing I have a desk job, I need to stick to it and remember my age.
Tore a chest muscle.

You know when, sometimes, you think you're the only person going through the pain? Because NO-ONE you know has experienced it? Yeah. Well THANK YOU HARDY!

I had a rather silly accident a week and a half ago. I threw a paddy because it started to rain on my two - yes, TWO - loads of washing on the line. So I legged it out to recover the laundry, and ran back to the house clutching a handfull of pegs and an armfull of clothes. Silly me.

I slipped on the step, spent what felt like a full 5 seconds in the air, and plummeted down onto my left arm. I felt my ribcage buckle inwards as it crashed into my arm - don't get me wrong.... I'm glad my arm was placed *just there*, because those concrete floors are quite unforgiving.

Needless to say, I'm in the zone with you Hardy. In the zone.

:khi2h:

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Two years ago I had a STUPID accident working on a car (no details it was really stupid) and broke two ribs. Went to the doctor and (as I well knew) he also told me I have stage three hypertension.. A few weeks into my recovery I went back for a follow up check and the doctor said my ribs were doing fine and would require another month to fully recover but............
My BP was only marginally better so he told me to double the dosage. Needless to say a few days later I passed out and fell down 5 concrete stairs and re-broke the ribs. It took a total of 3 months to totally heal.
I did manage to have a stroke last Thanksgiving thank you very much.
Now I feel good except if I do too much I stress the muscles on my left side as I did two weeks ago.
I'm going to stay at my desk from now on and hire people to do shit for me.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Aww! Poor silly old you!

You need a minion. Get two.

I was told today that they can do nothing for me. I should take painkillers, and keep taking them, because the pain will last for a couple of months.

What an effin mofo.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Aww! Poor silly old you!

You need a minion. Get two.

I was told today that they can do nothing for me. I should take painkillers, and keep taking them, because the pain will last for a couple of months.

What an effin mofo.
No shit!!!!!!
Coughs are painfull.
DON'T FUCKING SNEEZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
No shit!!!!!!
Coughs are painfull.
DON'T FUCKING SNEEZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son fractured his rib when he was two.. no idea how, i didnt even know until I was tickeling him one day and noticed a lump sticking out. I took him to the hospital and they told me it was healed all ready, but it had to have happened within 6 months because they looked at a previous xray he had there when he had bronchitis and there was nothing wrong. Never shown any signs of pain, or anything.. they say you can actually fracture it by coughing too hard. Now if it were me, Id be doubled over in pain crying. If a 2 year old can handle it, we all should be able to, lol.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I will try to remember that. Many thanks.

No, they wouldn't. There's more air in your head than there is in my breasts.
Was that supposed to be an insult?

Those fake tits of yours can rupture. It has nothing to do with having air in them.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have four badly healed broken ribs.
But sadly i did it myself i don't have any funny stories about how it happend.

For some odd reason when i was a kid i use to pull up under my rib cage and crack it out when i was bored.
So now if you put your arms around my waist you would totally be able to tell something isn't right because one is still slightly sticking out all crazy. =)

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Was that supposed to be an insult?

Those fake tits of yours can rupture. It has nothing to do with having air in them.
No, that was not an insult. That was a fact.

I will admit that it is possible for my implants to rupture... but that stuff will stay safely in its pouch and not 'pop'.... as something full of air might do.

Mmmkay?

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
I've never broken any ribs or anything, but after my car accident they had to cut me open and shove a tube through my ribs to re-inflate my lung. Six broken bones, and the only thing I could feel was that fucking tube for the entire time it was in there. They pulled it out after almost a week, and suddenly I felt pain everywhere else.

Yeah, that sucked.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
I've never broken any ribs or anything, but after my car accident they had to cut me open and shove a tube through my ribs to re-inflate my lung. Six broken bones, and the only thing I could feel was that fucking tube for the entire time it was in there. They pulled it out after almost a week, and suddenly I felt pain everywhere else.

Yeah, that sucked.
Just damn.........