Forked Thread: Random Thoughts (Josie)

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Forked from: Random Thoughts

Josie said:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/louisiana-judge-denies-interracial-couple-marriage-license-why-are-we-surprised-527014/;_ylt=A0S0wtyQ2.NKJ0sAFQyDbqU5

^^ what a douche.

Same thing as saying: \"I will not approve this marriage because you're both just too damn ugly.\"

Oh, but he has \"piles and piles\" of black friends. Dead piles?

At the risk of being labeled ( yet again ) a racist, I'm gonna have to say that his decision just does not upset me, at all.

While it is not true for all interracial couples it seems that when a black male hooks up ( marriage type ) with a white female it tends to be a low rent, poverty laden, belly full of brats and yard full of toddlers situation.

This is from my point of view of course, but I see mixed couples all the time, and the white chick is ALWAYS toting some brat and has REALLY REALLY let herself go in the looks department.

I've dated non white women, I know interracial couples that do not fit into my description above and I don't have an issue with any race dude fucking any race chick ...

There's an old saying "perception is 90% of reality" ... and I perceive from observation that a black/white married couple is a Jerry Springer show waiting to happen.

SittinGrumpy

I am just shocked a judge these days has the balls to stand up like that for what he agrees with.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I am just shocked a judge these days has the balls to stand up like that for what he agrees with.

Well, I do not have an issue with his personal opinion, but I do think a person that is in a public office/position does NOT have the right to impose his personal beliefs into his appointed task.

If he does not want to issue a license to wed to an interracial couple then he has no right to be in a position that issues those licenses.

I've known plenty of people in leadership positions that were fully capable of keeping their individual beliefs out of the leadership role when that belief was contrary to the group at large.

The law is the law. Don't like it... work to get it changed.

SittinGrumpy

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with his decision nor with your opinion... I was simply shocked.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
The judge was asked if he was racist and he answered no.
What is there NOT to believe.

Racist people have no problem admitting such.
Seems he based his decision on his experience.

I'd be interested to see his reaction to a Caucasian/Asian marriage.

SlimSkeeter

While I can't argue the fact that mixed race couples have it more difficult than not, ignoring it and preventing it do nothing but exacerbate the problem. I would agree with GDP's second post...even if he does not agree with mixed race marriage, he has no right to do anything in his position except uphold the letter of the law. If he can't put aside his personal bias and do that, he should not be in the position.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with his decision nor with your opinion... I was simply shocked.
Quit fence-sitting...

Racist people have no problem admitting such.
Only if they are proud members of the KKK or some bastardized neo-nazi coalition, and even then, KKK members wear masks. Otherwise, MOST people don't recognize their own racism, and in fact will point out their token friends of many races in order to prove that they aren't.

It ususally goes something like this:
Person 1: (racial slur: Nigger, coon, porch monkey, stereotype, etc.)

Person 2: You are a racist!

Person 1: I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are black!!

Person 2: Really? So you would let Tyrone borrow your lawnmower?

Person 1: Hell no, I'd never get it back! He'd sell it!

^^^ which sounds a lot like what that judge said.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Like I said, that's the same thing as saying "you're both too damn ugly".

When white trash walks in to get married... I'll bet he marries 'em.

yard full of toddlers, jerry springer, etc.

Too, I would say that the stigma still surrounding interracial couples is 9/10 the problem. It's looked down on in society, therefore creating a problem. Disallowing a relatively new idea to be seen through simply because it's new and has seen a shaky start (at least in opinion) is pretty sad.

I think if you take any normal couple, person, or people and start laying on societal pressure against their beliefs/lifestyle/whatever, you'll see a mess begin to build.

Too, there is still family pressure. Racial pride/prejudice comes with a distaste for straying from "tradition". So, to me, interracial marriages and couples need more time (like 100 more years) to break boundaries and get to a point where it isn't taboo and families don't break themselves apart because of society (1) and other family (2)

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Too, there is still family pressure. Racial pride/prejudice comes with a distaste for straying from "tradition". So, to me, interracial marriages and couples need more time (like 100 more years) to break boundaries and get to a point where it isn't taboo and families don't break themselves apart because of society (1) and other family (2)
And it's true, when you marry, you marry the entire family.
Your mates family can make or break the marriage.
Thank god my in-laws are so cool.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Some new flesh running around here now...

Interracial marriages/coupling ?

What about the offspring?

I'd love to hear the new opinions :)

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
You silly foreigners and your interracial couple stigma.

That sort if thing is not looked down upon here in these parts, not in the society as a whole at least, just by the few odd casual racists.