FPS - Brothers in Arms

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Awesome.

1. Squad leader : About time that they added a method to direct the squad actions in a more realistic manner. The ability to progress through the game without having to be a shooter is an interesting aspect.

Not so awesome.

1. The 'Gore" system : Yeah, I know its a game, but the game makers said it's more "realistic" when compared to real contact.

Nope.... Not even close, their physics are wrong, their impact damage is wrong.

I have seen people killed with grenades and with direct tank fire ...I have yet to see people fly around in that manner.

Plus, if you take the game trailer as a guide it looks like dudes are flying all over the place, seems as if that would be a distraction to the game rather than an enhancement.

Bottom line : I'm gonna buy it !!

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Awesome.

1. Squad leader : About time that they added a method to direct the squad actions in a more realistic manner. The ability to progress through the game without having to be a shooter is an interesting aspect.

Not so awesome.

1. The 'Gore\" system : Yeah, I know its a game, but the game makers said it's more \"realistic\" when compared to real contact.

Nope.... Not even close, their physics are wrong, their impact damage is wrong.

I have seen people killed with grenades and with direct tank fire ...I have yet to see people fly around in that manner.

Plus, if you take the game trailer as a guide it looks like dudes are flying all over the place, seems as if that would be a distraction to the game rather than an enhancement.

Bottom line : I'm gonna buy it !!
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Brothers in Arms series, but it's renowned for its historical accuracy. Most games like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor simply put you in a historical battle, design the area with whatever theme the battle should look like, and call it accurate.
The effort these guys put into the history is why I enjoy BiA which you may like as well.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12744.htm (Watch in HD)
I've been following BiA Hells Highway for some time, and I will probably get it for PC...don't like FPS's on consoles much.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
don't like FPS's on consoles much.
Me neither, with one exception. Battlefield: Bad Company has excellent physics when it comes to the terrain. Plus the enemy's AI is pretty nifty too. I got chased around by a helicopter for 2 hours through one of the missions, whilst completing other objectives. I couldn't shake it until I went back, found an RPG and blew it out of the sky.

Awesomeness.