Game: Arma 2

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Step 1: Get this game. Patch to 1.05

Step 1.5: Go to youtube and check out some vids about Arma2.

Step 2: Play it, learn it, love it.

Step 2.5: Go to the Arma2 websites to download Add-ons to make the game even more kick ass!

Step 3: Kindly ask GDP to be our squad leader and kick some ass!

Step 4: Kindly ask GDP to host the games since he has a server and we can do TeamSpeak and kick some more ass.

Step 4.5: Now move your ass, soldier!

Questions?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Step 1: Get this game. Patch to 1.05

Step 1.5: Go to youtube and check out some vids about Arma2.

Step 2: Play it, learn it, love it.

Step 2.5: Go to the Arma2 websites to download Add-ons to make the game even more kick ass!

Step 3: Kindly ask GDP to be our squad leader and kick some ass!

Step 4: Kindly ask GDP to host the games since he has a server and we can do TeamSpeak and kick some more ass.

Step 4.5: Now move your ass, soldier!

Questions?
I'll look into the resources required.

Dunno yet.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
It would be absolutely cool if we could get the forum members in some kick ass battles over sandbox maps.......using mic and earphones........

Anyways, I was not pushing this on you.......the server thing that is....................but.......

I am pushing this game on you..........I KNOW you'll leave all other games aside and put your energy into it.......
PC by the way.........

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
BUMP

Is anybody interested in getting this great game??

I AM WAITING!!

Do I need to go out, buy it and ship the damn thing out to your lazy assess?

You need some play time on it, then we can go on-line, play co-op and kick some assess........

If you are not going to buy it just yet,,,,,,,,,,,Christ, let me know and I'll get it for you.
In the meantime...........go the the forums and read up on it..............Damn lazy sumbitches.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
BUMP

Is anybody interested in getting this great game??

I AM WAITING!!

Do I need to go out, buy it and ship the damn thing out to your lazy assess?

You need some play time on it, then we can go on-line, play co-op and kick some assess........

If you are not going to buy it just yet,,,,,,,,,,,Christ, let me know and I'll get it for you.
In the meantime...........go the the forums and read up on it..............Damn lazy sumbitches.

I tried it.

Looks like shit, game play blows .. server resources are gi-fucking-normous.

Were you serious about this thing? Or maybe I played a beta or something but that game truly sucked.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I tried it.

Looks like shit, game play blows .. server resources are gi-fucking-normous.

Were you serious about this thing? Or maybe I played a beta or something but that game truly sucked.
First, you've got to patch it to 1.05. Very very important.
It was a hell of a buggy game to start off with and sucked monkey balls.

Don't be concerned with the vanilla version of the campaign. Forget it.

Secondly, you want to go for the Mod created Single Player Missions and Campaign Missions for practice.

Then, going on line against others, using addons and mods that have practically saved the game developers from making a total flop.

The developers had a lot going, but just couldn't get it entirely together.
This is a case where it was a DAMN good idea to have shipped it out with the editor.

If you don't patch it, forget it. It sucks without the patches, done in order, from 1.02 to 1.05.........

Hope that helps

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Never heard of it. Is it better than Modern Warfare 2?

Absolutely. This is a completely open sand box game. No restrictions expect the sea.

Two things:
1. Patch it to 1.05 before playing
2. Don't bother playing the missions that came with the box completely through. They just give an idea.
Download the mass amounts of missions, campaigns and MP missions produced by the community and addons that make it more interesting.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Boo, that looks fun!
It's a pity my computer probably couldn't handle the awesome graphics. :mad:

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You've been on forums long enough to know that some threads are aimed at a select audience. You, finding yourself excluded though not rudely, have no need to comment.

Boo, that looks fun!
It's a pity my computer probably couldn't handle the awesome graphics. :mad:
Give me an idea of your VGA board. If you can do Fallout 3, than should be no problems. If you decide to upgrade, you can get top of the line gaming board, nVidia, at about US$120.

Second level around $75.

The idea of this thread was to interest people in forming our own Swollen Cranium Squad members, with GDP as Ltn or Capt or Serg or whatever, leading the way, ambushing and killing other squad members in other parts of the U.S. or/and world.

Trust me. Trust buddha. This game is wickedly fun and addictive.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Give me an idea of your VGA board. If you can do Fallout 3, than should be no problems. If you decide to upgrade, you can get top of the line gaming board, nVidia, at about US$120.

Second level around $75.

The idea of this thread was to interest people in forming our own Swollen Cranium Squad members, with GDP as Ltn or Capt or Serg or whatever, leading the way, ambushing and killing other squad members in other parts of the U.S. or/and world.

Trust me. Trust buddha. This game is wickedly fun and addictive.
It really does sound fun, but sadly i do all of my gaming via the ps3, and that includes fallout 3. :(

I'll see what i can do about upgrading my shit, but lately i've been super broke and in turn my computer has suffered. I'm lucky if i can play youtube videos without it taking forever to load, so i can imagine a game with badass graphics would most likely murder my machine.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Also, how come your link doesn't work for your ps3 stats?
(this is directed to Kommie btw.. I'm to lazy to use the quote feature.:laugh:)

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Baby factories rarely have the time, I would assume.
Nah, it's mainly cuz I just suck at every game I've played - or get frustrated and want to destroy the system... maybe somewhere down the line I'll find some games that appeal to me.

I find time to check up on the forum, my email, and facebook. I have time to squeeze in game play.

However, Kommie, I really was replying. Topic o' thread doesn't seem interesting at all. But, like you said - I'm not a gamer, so what looks interesting to me and what the typical gamer would drool over are probably very different.