Georgia

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
And here I thought it was just the state of the union with Atlanta in it.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26080747
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/world/europe/10diplo.html?em
Now I come to learn that it is an independent nation now suddenly in a conflict (at war?) with Russia over some other place called South Ossetia. And apparently the US has military advisors and other interests in Georgia making President Bush's official stance on the conflict...sorta tricky.

Now the soon-to-be-Russia's-bitch Georgia is making a power play and calling on the UN to stop Russian aggression...

Ya know, it's global conflicts like this that give movie and book writers a raging hard on because in their fictional universe, shit like this always ends up starting WWIII.

I'm still learning more about this new conflict, so if anyone else knows anything else, or if you know if this will start WWIII, by all means post your thoughts.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Eh.. it's another Israel-Palestine type of conflict, the kind where both sides claim to have ownership of some shitty piece of land close to both of their borders.

The Georgian bloke at my work gets highly insulted when you even mention Russia, so from my methods of deduction I guess those two countries aren't the friendliest of neighbours even in peacetime.

Bring on the bloodshed, I say!

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
Nah, I personally think it's too small scale to start a world war. The only way a world war could start is if America came to the defence of Georgia. But I don't see that happening though.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I've decided I'm goin with Russia on this one.
From what I've learned so far, South Ossetia is made up mostly of Russian citizens anyway. Georgia took a gamble and decided to use force through a pre-emptive strike. Now they are bitching that Russia is using too much force back? Fuck that. You decide to attack Russia, you can expect to get fucked up.

The only reason any rational nation would attack Russia is if they were under the assumption they would receive aid from other nations (UN). That's like starting a bar fight with the baddest mother fucker in the bar and telling your friends to fight for you. That is bullshit.
George Bush should get off Russia's nuts and tell Georgia to start negotiating fast lest they get completely annihilated.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
Because then it would be two super powers battling against each other.
Russia has all but lost their status as a superpower. Our Salvation Army would give them more than they could handle.

Fuck Georgia. Don't shove without expecting to get shoved in return. Especially when the possibility exists you'll get knocked on your ass.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I've decided I'm goin with Russia on this one.
From what I've learned so far, South Ossetia is made up mostly of Russian citizens anyway.
That's mostly because the Russians went in and gave away citizenships and passports to whoever wanted it.
A fine way to sneak a foot in the door, ey?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Russia needs to use the scorched earth technique on Georgia and then rebuild it for themselves.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
This has been a long time in coming from the Russian side. Why do you think they objected to our missile defense in Poland? They know the US is troop poor having resources maxed out in Iraq and Afghanistan. They also wait until the opening ceremony of the Olympics to retaliate. . .a time when all the nations leaders are in China and less likely to be immediately informed of the situation. Come on...this thing was planned quite perfectly. I think we need to go back to kicking the shit out of Russia like Rocky beat down Ivan Drago.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
My wife, bless her heart, had a Blond moment.

She was watching the news tonight about the Rus & Geor situation and asked me:

"Isn't that the place near your mothers?"

(My mother lives in South Carolina)
HAHAHAHA. My friend bought it up to me and asked how a state could be in such big trouble with Russia. I was like..yeah.. you're an idiot.