Goddamit

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I just bought quite a few items of clothes online (okay so they were on sale) with my credit card.

I can't stop. I'm a buying machine.

Ught.

I just looked in the wardrobe and I have a really important meeting tomorrow and all my clothes are soooo old! Ught. I have about 2 skirts which are ripped and have been washed about 500 times.... and look it too.

So I got a new one :D

And I also got some new shirts and stuff. Because you can never have enough of those... right?

I think I will have to resort to either:

a) Put my credit card on ice in the freezer. (Apparently, if you put it in a bowl of water and freeze it, you're supposed to think long and hard about whether you need it, and by the time it has defrosted, you know for sure - well that'll never happen, considering I know the number and security number off by heart.

That's ridiculous, right? Ha.

b) Cut it up.

I'm sure my bank manager will be happier then.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Thank you, voice of reason.

Anyway, I take comfort in the fact that:

a) they were on sale
b) I got 10 euros discount on whole order because of a special offer
c) No one sees my credit card statement but me

WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Plus, it wasn't REALLY expensive.

It's just... I choose some things, and they come to more than my imagined "allowed" amount, so I remove some from the order--- then I press okay.

Then I go back a couple of days later and do the same thing!

But in my mind, I'm not over my imagined "allowed" amount.

But actually, I'm many times over.

Hahahaha.

Ha.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Plus, it's nice stuff. So I'm sure I will wear them all the time.

Exactly.

See?

It's an investment!

RapedBySeveral

Insert Member
Jan 8, 2010
Yougoslavia
The freezing thing: do it. Fuck the word ridiculous. Fuck all words that represent boundaries.

I haven't bought a piece of clothes in like 2 years. I'm proud of that.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Ha. I know my debit number by heart as well. (though, not my credit). I actually made a purchase on goodwillbooks and then realized that the hub had thiefed my debit card from my wallet (because his has a crack in it) *after* the order had already gone through.

As for clothes... I haven't bought clothes for myself in ages. My last purchase was a pair of fat pants because I couldn't squish myself into my pre-prego jeans any longer =(

I have no doubt my addiction will pick back up once I'm all teeny tiny again.

SittinGrumpy

I know my debit card and security code by heart too... not my credit card, just cause I only use it for gas.

I say, if you arent going over your budget, putting paying the basic in jeopardy, they spend away.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I'm having the same problem. I buy clothes all. of. the. time. And ever since I started working it's worse. I get these catalogs for scrubs, and I see cute ones, and I just call up and order them.

I am also known for purchasing dumb household items that NO one needs. I just received this door hanger for my son, that has about 100 slots for his matchbox cars on it. Crazy.

SlimSkeeter

I... have and addiction to buying shoes online.

Not clothes, though I buy those sometimes.. but shoes.

.... God I love shoes.
There is probably a 12 step program for that somewhere...

Honestly, though, how can you buy a shoe without trying the bloody thing on first?!

SittinGrumpy

Well to be fair you and your 7 toes per foot may make it a 'wee bit' harder to find the right fit.
OMG you promised you wouldn't mention my deformed feet in public... I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I knew a guy with 7 teeth. His name was Nigger Jim (Huckleberry Finn reference which is, by default, not waisis).