Gotta get my do done

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
So yeah ...

I've had a flat top haircut ( close on the side, not skin tight) for about 35 years. Even as a child and teenager I had the same cut.

The problem with wanting to change styles is that my hair has never been more than 2 inches long. ( except for that "special grooming" period in a far off shit hole of a country) And changing styles requires that I let it grow to sufficient length to cut and style.

I've gone without a cut for 2 months now. My hair is sticking out at odd angles. This is troublesome to me because I have a beard as well and now I resemble a cross between a homeless drifter and a pedophile.

Unfortunately I have no choice but to continue to let it grow wild in order to get some length.

I have no idea what a good style looks like on a dude. I know for a fact that I'm not the unkempt type nor am I the grease covered head type.

Any ideas of a decent looking hair style for when I go get my do done in another month or so ??

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
Hehe!

Funny, that. Mr. Bear is having the same issue.

I'm hoping he'll grow his hair to jaw-length, perhaps even a little longer in the back. His hair is thick and wavy so I'm hoping it would turn out like a slightly-less-gray Sam Elliot in Roadhouse look.

He's afraid it would turn out Jew 'fro.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Since you've done the whole "high and tight" for your entire friggin life, you should probably keep it close to your head...where it's always been. Also, since you've never had to comb your hair, good luck trying to get it where you want it without grease.

Let me google "men's hairstyles" for you...

I'd recommend the Rick Roll!

The corn row?

The dreads?

Can't go wrong with the afro..

Last but not least, the sexy emo.

Or go into your local barber shop after it's grown out a lot and tell them to do something with it...

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
You need to provide more information on what type of hair you have and what you think you are looking for. Is your hair thin, thick, straight, wavy or what? Are you looking for the "in your face" look or "an updo" which is off your forehead? Conservative or sexy?

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You guys suck ass.

I got it cut yesterday, I went with the standard Flat top .. just not as closely cut.

Issue resolved .. carry on.
Glad you got that taking care of ... finally... I was actually considering putting some sleeping pills in your beer and cutting your hair myself... You looked like a child molester... seriously...

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Everything is fine here.

Nothing to see.

Move along now.
You know... you bitch and complain for weeeeeeks that I have no time to post and now that I am doing it... you bitch and complain... kiss my ass...