Happy Turkey Day

SlimSkeeter

I'm thankful for:

The very few good people that I have been able to befriend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I'm thankful for...

-the giant box of frozen meats my MIL just sent us for xmas and thanksgiving! We're gonna be cookin it UP tomorrow!
-my family understanding that we DO NOT want to run around town with the squirts and will be enjoying thxgiving ALONE.
-Tropic Thunder and Iron Man
-craigslist

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
This was the best thxgiving I've ever had :)

We told everyone we weren't going anywhere or having anyone over so that we wouldn't get stressed trying to host anything or go anywhere with little ones. So, we were able to make the food we wanted - and it just so happened that my MIL sent a HUGE box of frozen meats that arrived yesterday :D

So, we had 4 steaks, 4 roasted chicken thighs, roasted garlic and basil potatoes, a super awesome brown rice pilaf that I concocted :), and now we're waiting on my Honey Mango bread to come out of the bread maker!

Next on the agenda is Tropic Thunder :yociexp77:

I usually hate turkey day. It's uncomfortable, the food's funky, and you have to play overly nice to relatives you avoid for a reason....

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I just wanted to send everyone best wishes for Turkey Day! Enjoy!

WTF!?

Another lame ass thread solely directed towards Americans as if the other members mean nothing and to top it, typical American hypocrisy at that.

Do you have any idea what happened to that tribe of Indians who helped those idiots out?
THEY DIED OF THE POX and the remaining people were EXTERMINATED!

And you're thankful for that? What an asshole.

Amythist

Sneaker Pimp
Mar 21, 2008
Why? Are you a stalker??
www.myspace.com
Haven't had Turkey in over 12 years.
I still like my meat dark.

None of that White dry honky meat for me.
Yep, dark and juicy.:10_003:
You bitch because I in fact celebrate a holiday recognized by the US. When guess what I do live in the US! You dont like it then don't read it. Yet hmmm.... Your all into eating and describing how you like your turkey...Such a fag!

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
WTF!?

Another lame ass thread solely directed towards Americans as if the other members mean nothing and to top it, typical American hypocrisy at that.

Do you have any idea what happened to that tribe of Indians who helped those idiots out?
THEY DIED OF THE POX and the remaining people were EXTERMINATED!

And you're thankful for that? What an asshole.
... WTF are you going on about? Why ruin a perfectly fine thread about Thanksgiving with this rant?

I don't know if this was a joke, or you're serious. But I am sure your family, the ones who live in the US celebrate Thanksgiving. Go rant about your issue of this holiday with them.

Anyway, I had a nice peaceful day. We went to my parents house for a bit, helped them cook, and ate a yummi dinner. Didn't feel like traveling to visit anyone because my husband had to work today at 4am, so he had to go to bed around 6ish. So we had an early dinner (around 4ish) and came home and relaxed.

I wanted to take my son to the Macys day parade, but it was freezing outside. So we watched it on TV instead, lol.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Buddha, you tell us about the holidays/family events you enjoy and even post pictures... when they are not traditions we enjoy or things we eat. We usually post and have positive things to say, along with a sense of curiosity about it - not some bitchy ass comments about how we're all Americans and you should only post stuff to our liking.

And, hey! Guess what! Most holidays have a shitty beginning to them. Thanksgiving is no different. I should weep instead of enjoy my family being home from work and enjoying some good food?

Yes, there are 'traditional' foods we asshole Americans enjoy on certain holidays, but not everyone does- so why throw a fit about one person mentioning the day? I didn't eat Turkey. So what...? I also only eat dark meat if I do end up around a turkey.

Why don't you post about days or times your family celebrates as a cultural tradition in YOUR part of the world?? I, personally, would be interested rather than so caught up in myself that I need to bitch and tell you that your tradition is bullshit because it's not part of my culture.

God damn. Why do you have to be such a little bitch all the time?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Spanish, French and British colonists held several Thanksgiving services in America before the Pilgrim's celebration in 1621 so for Buddha to state it is exclusively American is incorrect.
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day in my country but that does not give me the right to rant in a predominantly American forum about their customs.
I believe Buddha is just "stirring the pot" and getting a cheap shot in. If you Americans celebrated "Hiroshima Day" he might have some cause for complaint.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
werds and so on.

Personally I hate and loath all organized 'national' holidays of any type.

That goes for memorial day, Veterans day, presidents day, Thanksgiving, Xmas and so on.

The commercialization and absolute greed and misunderstood notions of the original intent for the aforementioned days just pisses me off to no end.

I personally wish there were NO nationally recognized holidays of ANY type, and the assignment of such special days should be left up to State and local level.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Personally I hate and loath all organized 'national' holidays of any type.

That goes for memorial day, Veterans day, presidents day, Thanksgiving, Xmas and so on.

The commercialization and absolute greed and misunderstood notions of the original intent for the aforementioned days just pisses me off to no end.

I personally wish there were NO nationally recognized holidays of ANY type, and the assignment of such special days should be left up to State and local level.
I agree with you to a certain extent, however I welcome any "organised" day off as we have the freedom to do what we want...get drunk, sleep in or celebrate if we want to.
I think the point we are missing is that Buddha attacked the originator of this thread simply for starting it about an American tradition. Amy did not deserve this and if this is an example of what happens then it is not surprising that there are fuck all members posting.

SlimSkeeter

Agree...i'm holed up in my bomb shelter and I refuse to go out today (Black Friday) because I like all my teeth in my head and refuse to do battle with pricks and bitches who just HAVE to get the latest fucking thing for their spoiled rotten bastard children.

Happy Black Friday, Buddha. Today is also an American Tradition, though not technically a holiday, that hopefully lends itself to at least a slight economic rebound.

Amy, you are a sweetheart, and thanks for caring about us enough to ask.

To everyone else...i hope you all stuffed yourselves to the gills with whatever (or whomever) you ate and enjoyed spending time with loved ones.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
...Such a fag!
Lesbo! You not only like your meat dark, you like it chocolate black and don't deny it. "Anyone for a Dark sausage injection"? yells Amy.

... WTF are you going on about? Why ruin a perfectly fine thread about Thanksgiving with this rant?
What's so perfect about killing Native Americans?
Hypocrite ass!
Go cry me a river.:yociexpress09:

God damn. Why do you have to be such a little bitch all the time?
Because it's fun?

I believe Buddha is just "stirring the pot" and getting a cheap shot in. If you Americans celebrated "Hiroshima Day" he might have some cause for complaint.
Stop being such a hypocrite fuck-breath.
You've posted threads expressing strong disapproval of American foreign intervention from time to time so point your hairy knuckled fingers back at yourself, woman!:khi7h: