Harry Potter Fans?

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I must admit, I'm a big fan of Harry potter.

I've read almost all the books with the exception of Deathly Hollows.

I have not however seen any movie past Prisoner of Azkaban and was wondering if anyone had seen them yet, and if they are any good.

I don't want to waste my money buying them, if they're crap.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC

I have not however seen any movie past Prisoner of Azkaban and was wondering if anyone had seen them yet, and if they are any good.

I enjoyed them. ( books and movies )

Of course, like normal if you compare movie to book you will miss a bit.

Plus .. the dude that plays Harry in the movie is hella old looking now and can't realistically pull off being a 17 year old any longer.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I enjoyed them. ( books and movies )

Of course, like normal if you compare movie to book you will miss a bit.

Plus .. the dude that plays Harry in the movie is hella old looking now and can't realistically pull off being a 17 year old any longer.
I agree, it is getting more and more difficult for them to pull of being teenagers.

Gary Oldman - on the other hand - is awesome as Sirius Black. Perfect choice!

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I haven't read any of the Potter books, nor have I seen the films. Sorry, Bunns.

But Gary Oldman rocks in everything I've ever seen him do. Just sayin.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

Ive read the books, and Ive seen only the first movie. The books rocked. Im more into reading, than watching movies and when something good isnt added into the movie, it bugs the shit out of me.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
The more the movies progress the more they miss out on stuff from the book. About after prisoner of yea not going to try to spell it, the books where like double the size. The movies where the same length. So it's very entertaining, but they have gotten slightly worse in comparision. Though i liked the first book the best and the last 3 the best. So to me, even though the movies a bit off from the book, its still way cooler watching harry fight and fly a dragon then fight a basalisk. The movies, like the books, take a far darker tone. I really liked the way they did the triwizard cub, because alot of the book changed pace ALOT. In the movie it's a bit easier to watch then read stuff like that. Still, there worth it. There far better movies then most of the crap thats out there now.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Shade- I really want to watch goblet of fire purely for the Tri-Wizard cup, AND hopefully see Hermione all dolled up at the dance. She's so pruudy!

If you have seen all the movies, please tell me Harry doesnt really get with Ginny Weasley?! Shes an ugly troll. He totally should have banged Hermione.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
Shade- I really want to watch goblet of fire purely for the Tri-Wizard cup, AND hopefully see Hermione all dolled up at the dance. She's so pruudy!

If you have seen all the movies, please tell me Harry doesnt really get with Ginny Weasley?! Shes an ugly troll. He totally should have banged Hermione.
i have seen all the movies to date, but there not cought up to the books yet. Yes i totally know who ends up with who, but do you really want me to tell you?

NeCrOmAnCeR

Still a bit noob

He is banging Ginny, and Ron is all up in Hermione's koolaid

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is soooooooo gay!!!!!!

Imagine talking about this in the real world...people......get with it.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I watched The Goblet of Fire last night.

I was extremely disappointed. Its not that I didnt like the movie, but as far as I'm concerned the plot was far too rushed.

Prisoner of Azkaban was WAY better. It touched on more of the important points of the book, than Goblet of Fire.

I just hope Order of the Pheonix/Half Blood Prince is better than Goblet of Fire.