Hey ... how's it going?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yeah .. I'm just sitting here ... doing my Finances for the month of December.

Oh hmmm ? What's that? Oh yeah yeah , I did capitalize the 'F' in finance intentionally. Good eye, good eye.

Yeah I figure that it needs to be capped since 'it' is basically what I get up and go to work every day to keep viable.

I'm 41 and @ age 50 I will be at a point, financially, where I will no longer "have' to pursue a job of any type. That's not so bad .. especially since Social (bankrupt) Security says the average person retires @ 65.

I'm beating the game by 15 years.

Nope .. I'm not a Multimillionaire .. most likely I never will be one but I have a certain lifestyle that comforts me, and I have a Woman that is not given to trinkets and shiny stuff so money will not be of a great concern.

And anyway ...

My house is warm ... my vehicles are fueled and serviced, I am fed and I know where the food will come from for the next weeks to come ...and all my Bills are paid on time.

I don't really need anymore than that at this point ...

OK .. byeeeee !!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
My eldest daughter will have to take the High School entrance exam.
She is way way behind in her Chinese characters and my not make the grade she needs for public school, so she will go to a cram school and Cram for the next 2 months.

If she does not make it, than there is a private school for the naughty boys and girls.
I won't have that.

Cram school is costing about $400 a month.
That private school will cost about $600 a month.

Wife and I have decided to focus on buying a glorified apartment (condo).
I'll take over all the bills and rent. She will save for the down.
Actually we have the down in US bonds, but she does not want me to break them open just yet.

My ex-wife (non possessive pronoun) is still an ass.
My wife says, "Your ex is such a lazy asshole."
I said, "I see."

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I listened to my patient, a female in her mid 50's, who is an alcoholic concentration camp-esque emaciated invalid with (What I suspect) Korsakoff's syndrome that needs physical therapy, cry about how her husband of 20 years cheated on her. I listened to this for an hour as I tried to empathize and tactfully redirect her from thoughts of suicide to doing things such as ten sit-to-stand transfers to strengthen her lower extremities because she currently lacks the muscular capacity to stand on her own without an assistive device.

She couldn't control her sorrow...she didn't even know she was lying.

My clinical instructor, although concerned, is pretty sure she'll be dead within the next 5 or less years. Nevertheless, I feel I'm failing this woman by not getting in her head and "reaching her" enough so that she sees the value in the interventions and allows me to help her.

Obviously, my concern for "helping people" does not extend to the strangers on the e-web.

TopGrey

Family
Founder
Jul 30, 2008
NC mountains
Interesting direction this thread is going....honestly can't wait for more, might even have to post in it.

oh wait i just did

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
The furnace at work is broken. This coupled with the fact that we have no hot water there makes for a miserable work place.

The boss fella has been promising heat for 3 weeks, and hot water for 3 years. I'm going to bring a fucking blanket in with me today to see if he gets the hint.

*grumble grumble*

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I'm considering taking an extended respite from full-time work. My wife and I would basically reverse roles (although I would likely still work a few days a month). I think the transition would be relatively seamless.

We'll decide after the first of the year.

SlimSkeeter

I'm considering taking a voluntary lay off for next summer. The pay, in fact, would be better given all the overtime I'm working NOW and I would have time to do what I like any given day of the week.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I'm tired. I can't seem to focus on detailed tasks recently, and I feel like taking a long vacation. However, current financial circumstances are restricting me from being able to fulfill this dream...

On the other hand, I seem to be progressing at work and everyone compliments me on being diligent. I feel like I am under a lot of pressure at the moment.

It's nearly Christmas and I love this time of year. Except it's expensive. I don't mind too much because I like to buy things for the people who are dear to me.

I'm pissed because I ordered some things online which haven't arrived. Also, one of the things which says it has been delivered, was delivered to the wrong address. I tracked my parcel today and apparently someone called D. Jackson signed for it!!

Bastards.

We think it was delivered to my crazy, deluded neighbour who lives in the adjacent block.

Don't know how I'm going to get her to:

A. Admit it was her
B. Get it back

And it was really nice stuff! Some black suede studded shoe boots, a woolly scarf, some beautiful earrings and a bag!

BASTARD CUNT FUCKER!

Grr.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I tracked my parcel today and apparently someone called D. Jackson signed for it!!

Bastards.

Oh no :(

I've had something similar happen. Someone in the apartment office signed for and stole a package of mine. The postman lost the slip (not electronic) and no one in the office would admit to it. Boo!

I hope you can get it back. Those boots sound super cute!

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I've started to pack some stuff since I'm moving in January to a new town. It's just four hours south of where I currently live but it's a new town where I don't know everyone.
Really looking forward for just getting away.

The apartment me and a mate are moving into has rent of 2.000 USD a month so I'll need a job or two while I study some shit and try to get smart.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Oh no :(

I've had something similar happen. Someone in the apartment office signed for and stole a package of mine. The postman lost the slip (not electronic) and no one in the office would admit to it. Boo!

I hope you can get it back. Those boots sound super cute!
Yeah, well we found out today that the parcel wasn't delivered to my address... as the security guard (who I believe) swears blind that no other parcels arrived, except the board games from amazon for my lil one. I like amazon. At least you know where you are with that company.

He even showed me his signature, which looks nothing like the one on the recorded delivery - and he said that nothing arrived for my deluded neighbour either.
Now I have to make a freaking complaint. I've already written an email to the clothes company-explaining that it must have been sent to the wrong address.

The thing that's weird is I made two orders, one on the 6/12 and one on 09/12. Apparently, on the tracker it says that the order I made on the 09/12 has been delivered (to the wrong address), however there's no sign whatsoever of the one I made on the 06/12! How does that even WORK?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

It's a fucking pain in the ass, because I wanted those boots to wear to my work's Christmas party on the 18th. ARGH.

Fuck it, I'm just going to order some different ones- so if I ever get them back I'll have TWO pairs.

Bastards!!!!!!!