History...

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition
Just from my brief perusal of this forum, it seems that you all have lots of history - migrated from another forum?

Anyone up for storytime?

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Just from my brief perusal of this forum, it seems that you all have lots of history - migrated from another forum?
That is why this place is dead, just another rendition of the "other" forums with stricter rules. People need to lighten up. GDP is cool and that is the only reason this place has lived as long as it has.

Anyone up for storytime?
Please.

MoonChild69

douceur de vivre
Mar 31, 2008
NY
That is why this place is dead, just another rendition of the "other" forums with stricter rules. People need to lighten up. GDP is cool and that is the only reason this place has lived as long as it has.

Please.
Hehehehe...

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
Hm... too many plotholes. Still have no idea what's going on. For example: "GDP"?
Yeah, most of us have migrated from one forum or another. Actually I know a few members here in real life as well.

GDP is our beloved Cranium, as he was Goddamn Prick elsewhere.

:khi8l:

Where's our story?

badutahboy

Dude!
May 20, 2008
lol.. since everyone else is dodging the question to an extent, I'll give storytime.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... most of us started out on another forum. It was an awesome place to be, intelligent discussions mixed in with massive flame wars and a pretty cool sense of camraderie. Then, things changed. The admin of that site started banging one of the members of the site, and from that point on he pretty much disappeared (I have no idea if the gf was related to his abandonment of the site, but the timing coincided pretty closely)... At the same-ish time, an unvanquishable troll showed up and started making waves after being beaten into the ground by every senior member of that site. He constantly spammed the board with his drivel, posted threats to the wellbeing of the site and members, etc.

Eventually, that troll spun off his own site, which had a fair amount of success after some very rough spots. I've never spent much time there, but I believe it has pretty much collapsed again, due to the troll's inability to manage anything other than his monthly welfare check.

The first site has never truly recovered from the abandonment of admin.. Simple problems went for over a year without being fixed, and the battle between that site and the troll eventually caused some outrageous rules/changes at the site... Posting stopped, as did new member registration (one of the unfixed problems)...

Eventually, GDP/Cranium got fed up, and spent a significant amount of time putting this place together. It reminds me of the site I first joined 3-4 years ago, but instead of complete anarchy, it has some basic rules. The biggest flaw I see with the success of this site is that the domain name isn't going to create traffic, like the original site's domain did... This is why most of us know each other.. membership here seems to grow primarily by referral, and eventually, that leads to a slow site, as most of us have already had virtually every conversation known to man.

Any more questions?

Fishypancake

spoils milk
May 21, 2008
I was going to try and list the members, at least the ones I have met/ seen on another forum, but the list would bascially be whoever posts now, haha.

I accually found out about this place via a random myspace message from a member of this site. Apparently the were inviting people who they saw as "a good investment to the new forum". I still do not fully understand why they chose me.

Anyway it does not really matter now. We are here now, and as long as we activly post, it will keep growing to some extent. We all enjoy the common interest of sharing our over-opinionated thoughts with random strangers from all walks of life. Its fun, do not question it. Just enjoy.

To me this forum is like a scooter, or a fat chick. Fun while the ride lasts, but if anybody found out about it, I would feel akward, and a little gay. With lack of better discription.

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition
lol.. since everyone else is dodging the question to an extent, I'll give storytime.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... most of us started out on another forum. It was an awesome place to be, intelligent discussions mixed in with massive flame wars and a pretty cool sense of camraderie. Then, things changed. The admin of that site started banging one of the members of the site, and from that point on he pretty much disappeared (I have no idea if the gf was related to his abandonment of the site, but the timing coincided pretty closely)... At the same-ish time, an unvanquishable troll showed up and started making waves after being beaten into the ground by every senior member of that site. He constantly spammed the board with his drivel, posted threats to the wellbeing of the site and members, etc.

Eventually, that troll spun off his own site, which had a fair amount of success after some very rough spots. I've never spent much time there, but I believe it has pretty much collapsed again, due to the troll's inability to manage anything other than his monthly welfare check.

The first site has never truly recovered from the abandonment of admin.. Simple problems went for over a year without being fixed, and the battle between that site and the troll eventually caused some outrageous rules/changes at the site... Posting stopped, as did new member registration (one of the unfixed problems)...

Eventually, GDP/Cranium got fed up, and spent a significant amount of time putting this place together. It reminds me of the site I first joined 3-4 years ago, but instead of complete anarchy, it has some basic rules. The biggest flaw I see with the success of this site is that the domain name isn't going to create traffic, like the original site's domain did... This is why most of us know each other.. membership here seems to grow primarily by referral, and eventually, that leads to a slow site, as most of us have already had virtually every conversation known to man.

Any more questions?
Well. That's more like it.