Holy Hell, Batman, We Are Gonna Die.

SlimSkeeter

THIS JUST IN

Scientists and nutritionists the world over have come to a startling conclusion. Life is fatal!

Anyone found to have life as we know it should immediately get periodic medical attention.

Life has a nearly 100% mortality rate.

Be warned! Even the very air you are breathing has been breathed by someone who has had their life snuffed out.

In fact, that air is a contributing factor.

SlimSkeeter

My ex wife ?

Wooo .. thankfully I ONLY pay child support and No Alimony.
Yep...she was specifically who/what I was talking about. Seriously, dude, what WERE you thinking there?

SlimSkeeter

Yeah. Marrying bacteria that has no natural death?

And...... I don't think I feel comfortable with bacteria that has everlasting life.
From what I understand, and I could be horribly wrong, the only thing really keeping US from having that is copy errors. Every time our cells divide, there is a slight flaw which contributes to the slow but steady breakdown of our bodies.

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
From what I understand, and I could be horribly wrong, the only thing really keeping US from having that is copy errors. Every time our cells divide, there is a slight flaw which contributes to the slow but steady breakdown of our bodies.
I believe free radicals play a part in aging.

SlimSkeeter

I believe free radicals play a part in aging.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about those. I think you may be right. I believe I have heard about those causing the destruction and breakdown of cells. Of course, oxygen itself is a highly corrosive gas and we happen to be breathing that daily and sending it to various parts of our internal anatomy.

SlimSkeeter

After today....the only kinda of thing I can afford is free

bahumbas

Dude!
Aug 29, 2009
Ah yes, I had forgotten about those. I think you may be right. I believe I have heard about those causing the destruction and breakdown of cells. Of course, oxygen itself is a highly corrosive gas and we happen to be breathing that daily and sending it to various parts of our internal anatomy.
Death and taxes are unavoidable. NO doubt about that.

SlimSkeeter

Wait... what?
Oxidation...breaks down everything eventually. Its why metal gets all rusty, and its why certain documents have to be kept in sealed containers... Ever take a bite out of an apple and just leave it. Turns brown.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Oxidation...breaks down everything eventually. Its why metal gets all rusty, and its why certain documents have to be kept in sealed containers... Ever take a bite out of an apple and just leave it. Turns brown.
Ahhhhhhh oxidation. I get it. - Yes but we only breathe in approx 20% Oxygen - the rest (about 79%) is Nitrogen then there's Argon (prob 1% ) and Carbon Dioxide (less than 1%) trace elements.

SlimSkeeter

Ahhhhhhh oxidation. I get it. - Yes but we only breathe in approx 20% Oxygen - the rest (about 79%) is Nitrogen then there's Argon (prob 1% ) and Carbon Dioxide (less than 1%) trace elements.
True, but it doesn't take much. After all, that percentage of oxygen is what causes iron to rust and all..