I present to you

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Last pics here, we've got garlic shrimp with broccoli.........

And just last night we had, clockwise from tp-lt,.......fish in ginger sauce, bok choi, the middle is duck with pig stomach, the soup is black chicken (can you see the chicken head?) and under the fish is mini-clams for putting on top of the rice........
And the beer......Tsing Tao.......of course.....

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Ugh, the pig stomach reminded me of the time I was tricked and now I'm nauseated.

I worked for a Japanese restaurant when I was 19, and the cooks always sent up dinner to us. The one Japanese guy I worked with told me it was steak, and after I had ate it (I never had steak before..) he then told me it was the lining of a pigs stomach. UGH. Lol

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Some of the best memories I've had from my military days were related to communal meals.

Most notable were with some Afghan tribesmen a few years back.

One can learn much from a people by observing how they treat their guests.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Looks hella good!

Some things...
1. I've never tried, nor ever wish to embarrass myself by trying to eat rice with chop sticks. The logistics of it baffle me.
2. I see silverware and chop sticks. Do you just use the silverware to serve or is the use of silverware also integrated in eating a meal?

...pardon my ignorance

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Looks great.... until you read what's actually in there.

I'd probably be just fine eating that if the ingredients were kept from me until I'd tried everything.

And I'm glad that your wife must obviously have her mothers looks.

:-+

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Looks hella good!

Some things...
1. I've never tried, nor ever wish to embarrass myself by trying to eat rice with chop sticks. The logistics of it baffle me.
2. I see silverware and chop sticks. Do you just use the silverware to serve or is the use of silverware also integrated in eating a meal?

...pardon my ignorance
Silverware is for serving up the grub.

Looks great.... until you read what's actually in there.

I'd probably be just fine eating that if the ingredients were kept from me until I'd tried everything.
You'd be surprised how good things are until you tried it.
You don't have to chow down on the tripe but the sauce is out of this world.

And I'm glad that your wife must obviously have her mothers looks.

:-+
I really have no idea what you're meaning or point is.
Her mother is 65 and my wife is 38. Hardly any at all.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
The food is delicious, but watching adults hold bones in their hands to eat, spitting the bones onto the table when they have gnawed off the meat, and the topless man would make me feel nauseous.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I really have no idea what you're meaning or point is. Her mother is 65 and my wife is 38. Hardly any at all.
I was trying to be nice. You know, saying (in a round about way) that your wife is way too pretty to have taken her fathers looks.

Don't tell anyone I'm being nice, mmkay.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
The food is delicious, but watching adults hold bones in their hands to eat, spitting the bones onto the table when they have gnawed off the meat, and the topless man would make me feel nauseous.
The shirt thing is OK, but the spitting bones on the table took some time to get used to.

Families and some restaurants will put a plastic sheet over the table and just wrap it up and throw it away when finished.

It was quite shocking to see the first few times. The pretty girls do it as well. Even today I refuse to do it and will use a small dish.
This is usually home or the hole-in-the-wall places, not western style restaurants or plush atmospheres.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
But Papa Yamato looks like he's gonna pop kittens.
I was going to say something similar to this. It's so rounded and shiny. :khi2d: It's kind of freaky.

You'd think with all the fish, vegetables and rice in the diet that he would be slightly less fat?

The food looks delicious. Although I wouldn't eat anything that has a head floating in it. Just one of my things, I guess.

I do love the garlic shrimp with brocolli though. :yociexp77:

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
It's not Mr. Yamamoto, it's Mr. Wong.

His belly is big and I thought you people would get a kick out of it but also his heart is just as big. He is a very gentle kind man.

He also knows Kung-fu and without exaggerating, he knows which points to strike that would either knock you unconscious or kill you. Either way, you'd been neutralized and neutered at the same time.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
It's not Mr. Yamamoto, it's Mr. Wong.

His belly is big and I thought you people would get a kick out of it but also his heart is just as big. He is a very gentle kind man.

He also knows Kung-fu and without exaggerating, he knows which points to strike that would either knock you unconscious or kill you. Either way, you'd been neutralized and neutered at the same time.
Oh, he looks like a nice man. He just has a cute, shiny belly, lol.