I'm headed on a jet plane. . .

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
to San Diego. I've never been there. I actually despise all things California but I'm stuck there Tues - Sunday. My wife has meetings all day but we'll have evenings free and Saturday free all day. Has anyone been there and if so do you have recommendations of things to do/see? If you have things for a guy to do and not look creepy, psychopathicish please let me know.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
to San Diego. I've never been there. I actually despise all things California but I'm stuck there Tues - Sunday. My wife has meetings all day but we'll have evenings free and Saturday free all day. Has anyone been there and if so do you have recommendations of things to do/see? If you have things for a guy to do and not look creepy, psychopathicish please let me know.

First, do the usual:
Seaworld. Really nice in SD.
San Diego Zoo. Best in the United States.
Mexican food and old Spanish churches.
Head south to Tijuana. Never mind the drug cartels. Go for a day, eat, shop, walk, eat. If you're into the college atmosphere, plenty of bars for them.
Good'ol Mexican food, lots of that. Taco stall on corner. Yummy.
If you have time, go 30 mins south of TJ for Rosarito. Quiet fishing town. About 30 mins south of Rosarito, there is a sleepy Lobster town.
You can take the train or drive across the border. You may need to buy Insurance. Buy it there near the border. Real cheap.

DO NOT PASS UP THIS CHANCE TO CHECK OUT BAJA.
It's great!

BTW, just 10 mins before getting on-line, I was walking home from the station with "Leaving on a Jet Plane" in mind and comparing it to Elton Johns "Daniel"
Swear to Jesus! It's the truth man. Great minds think alike.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
First, do the usual:
Seaworld. Really nice in SD.
San Diego Zoo. Best in the United States.
Mexican food and old Spanish churches.
Head south to Tijuana. Never mind the drug cartels. Go for a day, eat, shop, walk, eat. If you're into the college atmosphere, plenty of bars for them.
Good'ol Mexican food, lots of that. Taco stall on corner. Yummy.
If you have time, go 30 mins south of TJ for Rosarito. Quiet fishing town. About 30 mins south of Rosarito, there is a sleepy Lobster town.
You can take the train or drive across the border. You may need to buy Insurance. Buy it there near the border. Real cheap.

DO NOT PASS UP THIS CHANCE TO CHECK OUT BAJA.
It's great!

BTW, just 10 mins before getting on-line, I was walking home from the station with "Leaving on a Jet Plane" in mind and comparing it to Elton Johns "Daniel"
Swear to Jesus! It's the truth man. Great minds think alike.
Actually I think the Omaha Zoo is probably one of the two best in the nation and we get to it often living the "good life" here in Nebraska. I went to the Denver Zoo which was supposed to be so great and I was really disappointed.

Sea World is a possibility but i don't know if the wife wants to do it or not. We'd have t do it on Saturday. I'm not going it alone. Nothing says pedophile like a guy all alone in a kids park.

Mexico is very off limits in that area right now. . .gonna pass. But I'll try to find some good Mexican food while I'm there. I'm not too into history but maybe I'll hit the Ship Yard and tour the the old boat.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I hear ya ... I've passed up a dozen jobs in the last 2 years that I would really love to do, but they are stationed in Kalifornistan. <--- nogo.

I've not been to San Diego so can't help ya.
That sit come. . ."It's like. . you know.." that made it like 8 episode and tried to relaunch Jennifer Greys acting career pretty much summed up the California attitude in a nut shell.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Mexico is very off limits in that area right now. . .gonna pass. But I'll try to find some good Mexican food while I'm there. I'm not too into history but maybe I'll hit the Ship Yard and tour the the old boat.
OK, but you may regret that later. I think TJ is relatively safe for a day of shopping. You don't need a visa. They just nod you through.
Have fun. Oh, about the zoo, I still think I'm correct about that. I had the impression that you're bringing the kids along...............

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
OK, but you may regret that later. I think TJ is relatively safe for a day of shopping. You don't need a visa. They just nod you through.
Have fun. Oh, about the zoo, I still think I'm correct about that. I had the impression that you're bringing the kids along...............
No kids and it must be different in CA. I thought everyone needed a passport now.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
It's I'm leaaaaving on a jet plane.... tsk at least get the lyrics right.

s_strike

Yaa!
Founder
May 14, 2011
^ Neva eva?

Gotcha, but he's leaving this Sun and Sat nights are awesome. <---Eye candy galore!!

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I've never been to a city so proud of something that is located no where near it or in this country for that matter. The entire fucking community was built and expanded around the idea of the panama canal.