iPod anybody?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
My wife just got an 32mb iPod, the one that likes like the iPhone.

Well, seems the only way to download vids or mp3s is to got WiFi, so, we bought a D-Link router.

Now, I can either buy files, or I can search for the free things.

What I want to know is, how do I download MY MP3 files from my comp to the iPod without going through Apple?

I like Apple, but very disappointed if this is turning out to be like Radio Shack (anybody remember those assholes?) where you must use or buy anything Radio Shack to use Radio Shack. Seems the same with MS 15 years ago before the USB came around and endless litigation not only from companies but whole damn countries......

Also, seems there are no ports for installing microflash cards like you can for your mobile phone. Pisser.......

Anybody know how to get around this stuff??

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I'm a bit confused by your problem. Is it that you don't want to buy stuff off the iTunes store or just don't want to use Apple at all?

I'm pretty sure you need to have iTunes to put music on your iPod/iPhone. You don't need to pay anything for it, and you can get mp3 files from anywhere and put them on iTunes (by dragging them from a folder on your hard drive).

Apple will try their best to get you to use their products, and get you to buy your music from their store but you don't have to - I rarely do. Hope I helped you a bit. I'm not sure about your microflash card problem, sorry.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I'm a bit confused by your problem. Is it that you don't want to buy stuff off the iTunes store or just don't want to use Apple at all?

I'm pretty sure you need to have iTunes to put music on your iPod/iPhone. You don't need to pay anything for it, and you can get mp3 files from anywhere and put them on iTunes (by dragging them from a folder on your hard drive).

Apple will try their best to get you to use their products, and get you to buy your music from their store but you don't have to - I rarely do. Hope I helped you a bit. I'm not sure about your microflash card
problem, sorry.
hey! I'm using the iPod now in this post!

Actually I just found out tonight I can download from my pc to the ipod using itunes.

You did help mucho! Thanks for that.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
My wife just got an 32mb iPod, the one that likes like the iPhone.

Well, seems the only way to download vids or mp3s is to got WiFi, so, we bought a D-Link router.

Now, I can either buy files, or I can search for the free things.

What I want to know is, how do I download MY MP3 files from my comp to the iPod without going through Apple?

I like Apple, but very disappointed if this is turning out to be like Radio Shack (anybody remember those assholes?) where you must use or buy anything Radio Shack to use Radio Shack. Seems the same with MS 15 years ago before the USB came around and endless litigation not only from companies but whole damn countries......

Also, seems there are no ports for installing microflash cards like you can for your mobile phone. Pisser.......

Anybody know how to get around this stuff??
32mb iPod? That clunker will fit maybe 6 songs max. I think you mean 32gb!

ANYWAY! I'm pretty sure the only way to transfer files to the iPod is through iTunes. But, as Wenis said, you don't need to download the music or videos using iTunes to get them on your computer, you can simply open any compatible files you've downloaded elsewhere in iTunes so you can synch them to the iPod.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I'm not sure about your microflash card problem, sorry.
I don't know about the cell phones out there in your woods, but out here, besides the phone memory, they have slots for additional memory that use SD flash cards, same as you use for your digital cameras. I think up to 4gb.

32mb iPod? That clunker will fit maybe 6 songs max. I think you mean 32gb!

ANYWAY! I'm pretty sure the only way to transfer files to the iPod is through iTunes. But, as Wenis said, you don't need to download the music or videos using iTunes to get them on your computer, you can simply open any compatible files you've downloaded elsewhere in iTunes so you can synch them to the iPod.

My bad, 32 gb is correct.

Yeah, I just learned the only way is using the iTunes. Thanks........