It Belonged to the Ex

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
What emotional keepsakes do you still have that belonged to an ex? Many of my girlfriends still have pics, gifts, or saved voice mails. I kept my wedding ring and everything else from cards to gifts went to the dump. It took three trips to rid my house of his presence.

Did you keep something of importance that belonged to them and refuse to give it back? I did! I kept a drill and he is not getting it back, ever. I need tools.(another example of chick stupidity)

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I've only had one ex that took something of mine that I valued.

It was my winter hat. It was perfect. It was the perfect color, and fit my head perfectly, and kept my head perfectly warm, yet it was perfectly comfortable in any weather. I loved it. I've never had another hat like it.

We broke up on good terms, it was mutual---we continued to hang out as friends and all was actually pretty cool. Some time after the winter, I remembered I had left my hat at her place. While hanging out one day, I asked for my hat back. She said she had given it to another guy (I'm assuming a new boyfriend), but offered me one of her hats as consolation...

..I calmly left.

I decided I no longer wanted to be friends with a stupid bitch. I refused to speak to her again.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Umm... he gave me his n64 and then ungifted it to me. I refused to give back the yellow remote though. Just to be mean for stealing my mariokart. And he kept my dvd of watership down.

Oh! He bought me my rocketdogs and macbeths. I still have those. I don't throw out shoes unless they are no longer wearable.

SlimSkeeter

umm...I still have a teddy bear beanie baby that The Bitch gave me, if that counts, and pretty much all her books plus a laptop that I'm not even sure runs, all her camping gear and the title to her jeep..............
And her beagle, which is now my dog because I'm the one who trained her. Seems actually taking care of even a dog was beyond this womans self centered desires.

I still really hate her.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I kept a 3 diamond necklace he gave me. I never where it but I keep it to pass down to my son to give to his wife some day. Kinda a start of a family thing I guess you could call it.
"Here you are sweety. I got this a long time ago. It represents relationships gone horribly wrong...
..Pretty idnit?"

Amythist

Sneaker Pimp
Mar 21, 2008
Why? Are you a stalker??
www.myspace.com
"Here you are sweety. I got this a long time ago. It represents relationships gone horribly wrong...
..Pretty idnit?"
Could be one way to look at it. I personally look at it as despite how much I hate him and vise versa , it represented a time when My sons father and I were together and happy and created him. Lets him know his parents were happy once. Together even.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Could be one way to look at it. I personally look at it as despite how much I hate him and vise versa , it represented a time when My sons father and I were together and happy and created him. Lets him know his parents were happy once. Together even.
As far as passing down cherished sentimental jewelry goes, I'd say your reasoning has a bit more "zing" to it.

SittinGrumpy

I have never kept anything from an ex; however, if this one ever becomes an ex...I am keeping everything.