It used to mean something.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Friday.

Friday used to have a different meaning for me.

When I was a kid, I looked forward to Friday in order to break the cycle of school hum drum and to get that time to stay up to the extra late hour of 10 pm !!

When I became an young adult, ( the legal drinking age was 18) Friday was the day we all set as hell raiser night after a long week of military anti-commie cold war training and so on. Fights were routine, no, they were expected. Booze in massive quantities was consumed .. whores made big time money .. and dudes did dude stuff simply because we were young and goddamn indestructible.

When I became a 'seasoned' adult I looked to Friday as the start of a few days where I could catch up on the clerical aspect of my normally all physical job .. and maybe a bit of 'me' time just maxin and relaxin.

Now that I am retired .. and have ZERO social life, I see Friday as nothing more than the start of two days of boredom as I poke around the house trying to do this and that to occupy my time before Monday morning rolls around.

What about you ... what significant thing for you is a 180 degree change from your adolescent days till now.

Yeah .. I know .. a few of you can count on one hand the number of years that mark the passage of adolescence ... whatever.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Now that I am retired .. and have ZERO social life, I see Friday as nothing more than the start of two days of boredom as I poke around the house trying to do this and that to occupy my time before Monday morning rolls around..
Was in reply to this. Should have quoted, my bad!

SlimSkeeter

I had nearly the same thoughts during adolescence. Friday was 2 days away from school where I could do as I pleased. Similar thoughts during my brief stint in college.

Now....given that during the winter I tend to work 6 and 7 days a week....friday...means the end of straight time pay and the beginning of overtime. In the summer...most of my friends are married, have kids, or both and have "grown up" too much to want to go out and have a good time...so I can either sit home and drink alone or pop in a movie and fall asleep watching that. Very rarely does a fun time happen on the weekend anymore.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I feel bad for you guys. Try speed-dating? It could leave you with something to look forward to on the lonely weekends.

I knew a guy who tried it, he said it was the easiest way to get rejected 30 times in 30 minutes.

May 1, 2010
Courtland, VA
not that i'm much beyond my adolescent days but the 360 for me is the amount of time i had to work hard just to get paid i went from 8 hour days to the typical 10-12 hour day w/ the every 5th day being 24hrs packed full of bullshit and drama. the parallel is that even though i'm no longer in high school, it feels like i deal with the same drama, and idiotic people everyday... at least i get paid for it now