It's getting hot in here!

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
So take of all your clothes!
Even thought I don't like Nelly, I do approve of his logic.

Anywho, being the Norwegifag that I am, I think it's hella hot now at 24 celsius (75 Fahrenheit) and I need to cool down.

What's the best drink to consume when it's hot?
Iced coffee, beer, milkshake?
Got any recepies?

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
lol @ 74 degrees being "hot".

The high temp today is supposed to be 102 degrees, and yesterday the thermo on my car read 105.

I'd drink hot cocoa in 74 degrees.

Stop being a fag.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Man, dairy and heat usually don't go well together. Iced tea, italian soda, ice water, lemonade...

But I wouldn't dare touch a milkshake when it's scorching. Recipe for woozy, vomity afternoon.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm with scabby on this one. It's only in the 70's here and it still feels hot as fuck.
What most of you folks that live in hotter areas of the world don't get is where its hot..they have AC's in abundance.

Take Washington for example, apartments and most houses (unless yer special) don't have AC, so whenever it gets the slightest bit hot you damn well feel it and your stuck with it. Hell i can't even get a window unit because the damned windows here are big ass vertical sliders, so I'd have to choose between getting robbed or having AC. =/

Anyhoo i made this this morning...its refreshing as fuck. Try it!

Raspberry Lemonade

• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
  • 3 cups water
  • 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries, garnish
  • 18 Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
In a large pitcher, combine raspberry lemonade concentrate, water and lime juice. Stir in lemon-lime soda and crushed ice. Garnish each glass with a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf.

That makes a lot but I'm not sure how to cut the recipe in half...so i just made a fuck load.
But that's o-tay, it was guuuud.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
  • 3 cups water
  • 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries, garnish
  • 18 Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
In a large pitcher, combine raspberry lemonade concentrate, water and lime juice. Stir in lemon-lime soda and crushed ice. Garnish each glass with a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf.

That makes a lot but I'm not sure how to cut the recipe in half...so i just made a fuck load.
But that's o-tay, it was guuuud.
Soooooooo................you left out how much and what kind of booze goes in it. God.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
That raspberry lemonade sounds really yummy. I think I'ma try that pretty soon :D

I'm gonna have to second blood on the a/c comment. When it's 70-75 degrees outside - where the wind is blowing, the sun is shining, and the bugs are crawling.... it's a fucking OVEN inside. Try about 80 degrees without a steady breeze cutting through the house. And... if you live in a place without screens (like I do.) you can enjoy the mass array of insects (mainly mosquitoes and wasps) that blow in the windows that are open to create said breeze.

Out these same windows get chunked embarrassing items like..... dirty underwear, bras, sandals, dirty socks, etc. by loving children practicing their aim.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I'm freaking meltin'.

It's in the 90's here and humid as fuck. Can't say that anything I drink helps me cool down. It's stay inside or be hot.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Wellington, NZ
Fri 26 June
Min temp: 6 °C ...42.8 degrees fahrenheit
Max temp: 11 °C ...51.8 degrees Fahrenheit

I will be having hot cocoa.

Gzus

\m/ >< ..l.
Founder
Jun 20, 2009
booshz.
www.istheinternetfuckingawesome.com
Usually beer.
Occasionally Gin & tonic, its said that it repels mosquitos, which I dont beleive. I do beleive the quenine in the tonic water helps against malaria, which is commonplace here.
G&T with a slice of lemon / lime isnt bad for hot weather either

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Eat complete shit.

Complete. Shit. Eat. It was so hot yesterday that the soles of my shoes were melting to the pavement.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Wow Kill...And I thought it was hot here!

5 Day Forecast for Malaga - every three hours

Tue Jun 30th

3 pm
Sunny skies Sunny skies
33°c (91°f)

It will be even hotter on Friday at 95ºF!

Phew!

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Oh and the best when it's hot.... Tinto Verano!

Only when drinking alcohol of course.

The recipe is very simple! Red wine and lemonade. You can even buy ready made. Only trouble is... it doesn't taste of alcohol at all, so you'll get hammered.

Water and fruit juice are my main tipples in the sun.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Yeah, waking up dehydrated on a sofa in a closed up apartment, which I didn't recognize, when it's 30 C (86 F) outside and there's no A/C and all the windows are closed, you generally just want to kill yourself.

But lacking the proper tools within arms length, I drank a liter of water, said hello to the people that lived there and got the fuck home instead.

When I got home I made some fucking smoothies!
Nothing fancy, just frozen strawberries, a banana and vanilla yoghurt.
It owned hardcore.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Yeah, waking up dehydrated on a sofa in a closed up apartment, which I didn't recognize, when it's 30 C (86 F) outside and there's no A/C and all the windows are closed, you generally just want to kill yourself.

But lacking the proper tools within arms length, I drank a liter of water, said hello to the people that lived there and got the fuck home instead.

When I got home I made some fucking smoothies!
Nothing fancy, just frozen strawberries, a banana and vanilla yoghurt.
It owned hardcore.
Mmmm. I love smoothies. Banana and yoghurt FTW!