Jobs

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
What don't you like about your job?

I don't like the fact that, with my current job situation, I'm never "off". Often (like tonight), I'll be almost asleep... and then the door sounds with evil knocks because someone fucking wants something. Of course, they never want anything at a convenient time (like when I'm actually "at work").

/rant

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
A lot of people would argue whether being a stay at home mom is a job, but nonetheless, its what I 'do'.

I hate, not being able to sleep in EVER. Not even on the weekends.

I'm tired, and would one day love to sleep past 7.00am

I hate being treated like a canteen (tuckshop, grocery store) every fucking 30 mins.

Umm hello children, Im NOT. You get fed 5 times a day. Thats more than I eat. Shut the fuck up. Youre not starving.

Laundry- My children would have to be the most DIRTIEST children ever. It would be okay if I had a washing machine, but I have to hand wash everything right now. I should just wrap them all in glad wrap and be done with it.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
I have an awesome job in the music industry. I took a few steps back after my stroke and don't make what I used to but it is awesome. I can't remember being happier.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
In my line of work, there are always lulls followed by waves. Feast or famine, as they say. I'd rather have consistency. I greatly prefer to stay busy. I may have literally nothing to do one day, then so much work it's nearly impossible to accomplish the next.

At least I have a pool table, the internet, and satellite TV to pass the time. I'm looking into getting a batting cage this summer too. Self-employment does have its benefits.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
Idiots. Completely and utter idiotic choices. You tell someone to do something, and they think there really crafty, or the way that most everyone thinks to do it is the right way. The problem is, it's always what gets people in trouble. Then a year later your still in the same place on the same project telling them 'i told you this would of fucking happened' and you try not to come off as to pissy, knowing you could of solved this whole mess a year ago within a month if they would of just fucking listened to you. So defently boss's that think they are the shit.

Don't get my wrong, my favoret part of the job is playing superhero and fixing mistakes or coming up with solutions for the balls against the walls problems, but man, i hate it when my clients purposely walk into those situations head first, and wait till there dangling with one arm off a fucking cliff, cause that just makes my job even harder!

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
Perhaps due to the stroke. Maybe you were the happiest motherfucker walking planet Earth before and you just don't know it now. Comparatively, you might be only half as happy as before.

Think about it.
True.

I am happy though.

K

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
My boss is a total tight-wad and I completely detest these kind of people.

I need materials to do a more effective job for the customers, myself and for HER (the boss).
She whines and cries if I spend the necessary US$20 to get the job done.
I have absolutely have no tolerance for stingy people.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I like most parts of my job. Naturally, there are points that are frustrating at times. We are required to be at a certain "productivity level" each week. But in addition to what we do on regular basis, we get all these extra projects...
More frustrating is it when the communication with other groups is not working like it should. :yociexp11:
The little things... the daily craziness at work

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I'm looking into getting a batting cage this summer too.
Eagan says he wants to come play at your house.

As for my "job" - I don't have one. I'm a stay at home mom right now. It's... exhausting, though I think it would be much less taxing if I had a little help (YAY Alaska!)

I do have aspirations for the future though...

I'm going to have access to a pretty nice sewing machine in AK, and if I can come up with some pretty durable, well designed diapers, I'm going to try to sell them while I'm going to school for something Biology related.

After my schooling's done, I'm not really sure what I'll do. It all depends on what exactly I decide to take. I do know I won't be sitting around the house not makin' any money, however.

I'm just one of those people that's driven NUTS if I'm not doing something that I see as *doing* something. Yeah, raising the kids, keeping the house, paying the bills... it's all well and good, but I feel like such a waste of space and ability by doing so. That, and it's so much more fulfilling to have accomplishments outside of your personal life.

Any.ways. It's really early and I'm still sleepy and very blabbery... *whistles*

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
my job...is so utterly horrendous. I'm too disgusted to go into details.

I 'quit' a week ago...but decided to go back and finish out the school year...NOT at the school where I flipped out and said I'd like to murder all the fucking parents and half the goddamn kids.

I think I mentioned something about staring at my classroom and seeing nothing but a sea of blood and 28 decapitated bodies.

yeah, it can suck that bad.

I've already taken more than I can handle from these ice-cube wanna-be motherfuckers.

12 more days then I'll NEVER ever EVER do it, again.

ever.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
^^^ Wow.

Anyway, the thing I hate most about my job is having to chase payment for completed work from the clients. Some of them just don't seem to comprehend that with-holding remitance could put us on the verge of bankruptcy, and are really pissy when you call to remind them that their payment is overdue.

*we have wages to pay, yer bastards. Now cough up*

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
My boss is a total tight-wad and I completely detest these kind of people.

I need materials to do a more effective job for the customers, myself and for HER (the boss).
She whines and cries if I spend the necessary US$20 to get the job done.
I have absolutely have no tolerance for stingy people.
aggreed. I'm so fucking sick of people asking to find a cheaper way to go about doing things. In my line of work 95% of the clients either throw way to much money at something, or way to little. Though, i've made it a point to be ethical when they want to throw way to much money at a project. Some days i fucking wonder though. But it does tend to give me more work in the long wrong, and in my line of work reputation is everything! But i agree, trying to save 50 bucks when your already spending 1k, is pointless, and usually to many little cuts and you end up fucking yourself over.

Silly Cunt

Fingerbanger
Founder
Mar 30, 2008
Western Australia
The only thing fucked about my chosen vocation, is the massive pay drop I took to get it. Once my apprenticeship is over, disposable income will become a part of my lifestyle again.